#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:28 PM

OK, I'm back from my 3 hour break from the board. :lol:

I was concerned that if Joe leaves to play elsewhere, like Toronto, will all our loyal Dallas converts like NJDev25 and DallasDevils15 leave with him?

I know we still have Jamie but you can't really root for Toronto and New Jersey at the same time. can you? :blink:

What will you guys do? :huh:

You all add alot to this board and I would hate to see you disappear.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#2 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:32 PM

I'll still be around. I like y'all and the Devils too much to leave. But I don't want to think about it til I have to. If Joe became the enemy, I guess I'd just have to stay away for those games.

:(

P.S. Welcome back, wcdf. ;)
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:34 PM

Once you root for the Devils there is no turning back. :D

Look at me, while others argue and speculate in other threads, I'm concerend with the boards "unrestricted free-agents." :wacko:

#4 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:34 PM

:ph34r: ...WELCOME BACK WCDF... :ph34r:

#5 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:35 PM

You know what's weird - even if Joe leaves, I don't think I'll go back to the Dallas boards. This place is much more my "home" now.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:37 PM

wcdf I was half expecting you to come back with another screename like say RoastedDuck :lol: :evil: Seems as if every 1000 posts has become the change the name phase for some of our posters ;)

And good question I was thinking of that myself; I do hope you all stay :) (or is it y'all down there? :D )
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#7 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:39 PM

You know what's weird - even if Joe leaves, I don't think I'll go back to the Dallas boards.  This place is much more my "home" now.

NJDEV It is funny, I have been to other boards and they are pretty entertaining, BUT there is just a "COMFORT ZONE" here on the Devils boards...I think that everyone here is really awesome and those that urk people don't really urk as others do on other boards...NJ IS A SWEET PLACE! B)

#8 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:41 PM

wcdf I was half expecting you to come back with another screename like say RoastedDuck :lol: :evil: Seems as if every 1000 posts has become the change the name phase for some of our posters ;)

And good question I was thinking of that myself; I do hope you all stay :)

lol, thought about it. :ph34r: The bickering on the board bothers me a bit. :angry: I'll just avoid threads that turn into spats. :) Otherwise I guess I'll lurk and post when I see something that catches my attention. :lol:

#9 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:45 PM

I'm stuck here. I do have Jamie no matter what :-D I will miss Joe so much, WAHHHH. But I will still be around here. It is so hard to follow so much Stars hockey plus devils so I couldn't stand covering another team, that is way too much stress. I will look at how Joe's team is doing and look at how hes doing and still support him but I can't take on another team lol. Then again Joe hasn't gone anywhere yet, I still hold out hope he is staying.

Now is the perfect time to have my Joe and Jamie montage done. Too bad it's not though.
ďIíve been fortunate enough to play on some pretty good hockey teams, and Iíve been fortunate enough to win two Stanley Cups. I donít know what more I could ask for.Ē -Jamie

Posted Image

How much Mat could a Matvichuck chuck,
If a Matvichuck could chuck Mat?

#10 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:46 PM

Uhm...long time no see, westcoast?

The bickering happens every offseason, it's something that we've grown accustomed to at NJDevs.com...there's no way around it!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#11 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:49 PM

Uhm...long time no see, westcoast?

The bickering happens every offseason, it's something that we've grown accustomed to at NJDevs.com...there's no way around it!

I wasn't going to get into it but....I know that it happens every year but that still doesn't make it right. Come on guys we all love each other and are one big happy family!!
ďIíve been fortunate enough to play on some pretty good hockey teams, and Iíve been fortunate enough to win two Stanley Cups. I donít know what more I could ask for.Ē -Jamie

Posted Image

How much Mat could a Matvichuck chuck,
If a Matvichuck could chuck Mat?

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:51 PM

Big happy dysfunctional family? :)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#13 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

HA HA HA HA! You wanna see dysfunctional...Try checking out the Ducks board...LOL! Now there's dysfunctional... :D

#14 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:23 PM

HA HA HA HA! You wanna see dysfunctional...Try checking out the Ducks board...LOL! Now there's dysfunctional... :D

Could describe the Ducks Organization as a whole right now as well.....
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:38 PM

Yeah does seem a little testy around here lately :P Maybe the heat? Maybe hockey withdrawal :lol:

Whatever, I'll still take this board and its idiosyncrascies any day over the board I used to be at; a board where the (few) posters fought every day mostly on a couple different topics only, not to mention a board that's collective atitude even towards winning was rather blase (for example there were like 100-150 posts total on the AOL board the day after the Cup win and at least half of them were debating about whether the Dev fans should have booed Giguere :rolleyes: ). For better or worse, we do care about the team and each other and I do appreciate that.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 10:03 PM

Let's hope our visitors from the great state of Texas stick around.
The HOS has grown accustomed to their presence.

#17 zenchic

zenchic

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 11:49 PM

Even though I don't post here as much as some of my other Dallas posters, I too have grown to truly respect what ya'll have here in the Devils' organization....

That being said..I still would hate to see Joe leave (unless of course he returns to Dallas) *grin*..no matter where he goes, he's class through and through.

I will return here though to root on Jaime..it'll no longer be J&J..but J..*sigh*

Time will tell the tale no doubt.

:unsure:

#18 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 11:54 PM

Speaking of fans from different places, what ever happened to Uni and the Godzilla avatar?

#19 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:20 AM

I have yet to come across a board that is as good as ours. If you think the bickering is bad here, check out letsgoducks.com. If you think we have negative posters, check out flyersphans.com. If you think we're a little "touchy" censorship-wise, go to rangerscafe.com.

We have a great board here. Other team's boards make fun of us because we are such a tight-knit group. I say that's a good thing. Last year they were saying we were wrong for thinking Brodeur was so great - after the Cup and the Vezina, were we wrong? They make fun of us for using players nicknames, I mean, how much more petty could you get? One flyersphans.com poster came here and just put spam messages up, completely insulting and ridiculous, and got banned three times. He went back bragging and called US idiots.

Like it or not, this board demands a certain level of intelligence. I love it. Our fights are over serious, intelligent hockey debates, not stupid 4th grade level bickering with homophobic and racist results.

Our board is intelligent, classy, open-minded, and the like. I love it.

Enough with my ramblings, stay with us former-and-current-Dallas-fan-converts!

#20 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:36 AM

Sports and politics were made to be argued. Especially when the sport is such an emotional one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users