178 replies to this topic

#101 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:25 PM

I'm sure we will hear plenty about this Kariya contract in the coming hours/days etc. That's the big question here.

As a Ranger fan who lives for the first week of July (other teams have the entire season, playoffs, everything I have one friggen week) its time for Slats to do something.

The heck with the back 9 today Slats...go to Cosby's and get a nice red, white, and blue #91 jersey.

#102 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:26 PM

1.2 million?!?!?!?! WTF?!

Really retarded that he can go from $10mill to $1.2mill. Virtually every single team could have gotten him then, and there's Feds looking for a $10mill for 5 years. GOOD LUCK!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#103 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Talking about the Avs signings or nipples. Eh, let's talk about the nipples, lol

Hey a lot of folks are writing about nuts too!

"Gonads son, big brass ones..."

which can only mean

SCOTT STEVENS!

:wub: my port in every storm...what'll i do whan he retires? :unsure:

I'm here for the party

#104 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Is it wrong for me to keep on refreshing the front page of TSN.ca in hopes of seeing that the Devils have re-signed Joe? :saddevil:

I know exactly how you feel, RD. I'm hoping that somehow this is all good for Joe staying with the Devils. Don't know how, but I'm hoping. :unsure:

I'm more to the point where I'm scared to see what will be the new news. Things are just too weird right now. I'm scared that I will see tsn and it be bad news for joe.

#105 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Ducks refused to sign Teemu and Kariya got pissed since he's been talking to management and Teemu about it all year. Kariya got so pissed that he left, teamed up with his lover boy Teemu and began to climb up the Rockies. The End.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#106 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:27 PM

Hmm... maybe the avs management got sick hearing about the 3 cups/dynsaty of us ant the wings...

p.s. Sammy, love that smiley... where did you find it?

#107 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

It must really suck being a Ducks fan right now...

I could not imagine...

Just think about it. Your team just gave you something you never in a million years expected. Got to the final game of the SCF and now your best player is gone...for zip.

All Anaheim had to do was qualify him, albeit @ 10 million, however they were only required to do so for one year. No CBA issues, no anything.

If I'm a Duck season ticket holder, I wipe my you know what with my invoice and send it back in.

#108 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Nice story CHICO, you should write a book...jk :P

#109 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

It would be a picture book, lol. A lot of writing involved in that, lol.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#110 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:29 PM

Sergei the next to go...to Carolina?

Sportsnet.ca:

"Brisson wouldn't comment on any of the teams who have expressed interest in his star client. However, sources tell Sportsnet the Carolina Hurricanes and Los Angeles Kings are creatively making a push."

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#111 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:31 PM

Carolina tried to steal him once before but they weren't one of the teams Sergei's agent sent a "package" to.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#112 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

i wouldn't blame ducks management for this....what were they supposed to do? let kariya keep his bloated contract and drag the rest of the team down in the process? and then kariya goes and signs for $1.2 mil somewhere else.....there's something more to it, but i couldn't blame ducks management for what's going on.

#113 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Remember Feds almost (or did) sign with the Canes acouple years ago and then the Wings matched so him going to the Canes would not surprise me.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#114 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

Official Announcement by the Avs at 4 PM ET

Posted ImagePosted Image

#115 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,066 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

But in a month bg, you'd realize that Kariya did little in the way of leadership or scoring in the playoffs and call up the Anaheim ticket department saying your son left a bunch of M&Ms on the invoice when it was sitting out and could you please have another one.

The problem is, the Ducks need an elite level player to replace Mr. Kariya. I think they made the right move in not qualifying him. Can't pay 10 million for that kind of performance and he was untradeable.. this was a necessary move. But they must sign someone during this UFA period or the next one, or they will miss the playoffs both years..

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#116 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:33 PM

It would be a picture book, lol.

Of Pauly and Teemu ?!?!... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewe!!!

...although they really aren't so bad to look at...nooooooo! yuck!

I'm here for the party

#117 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:33 PM

I'm not blaming the Ducks management at all...it was just unrealistic.

But still, it must hurt a whole hell of a lot right now, if you're a Ducks fan.

Just imagine, one minute you're a game away from the Stanley Cup. Now, you lose your top scorer after you figured he'd be back alongside with another former top scorer on your team.

...and don't get me started on Giggy, because you gotta believe Ducks fans have to be a little skeptical about whether he was a one hit wonder or not...

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#118 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:34 PM

It would be a picture book, lol.

Of Pauly and Teemu ?!?!... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewe!!!

...although they really aren't so bad to look at...nooooooo! yuck!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW to what you just said, lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

#119 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:36 PM

How about us getting SYKIE back??? :ph34r:

#120 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 12:36 PM

El Chico went to Anaheim and like 4 out of every 5 jerseys is a Kariya but this was before Jiggy mania (El Chico understands he was the superstar but there are 23 more guys to choose from) This will hurt the team and the fans.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users