Photo

Pat Burns: Let's Get Him In The HHOF Now (70,000+ members!)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

I honestly don't know what a Facebook Group will do, but perhaps it will be the start of something very special. Pat Burns to many people is a HHOF coach. Unfortunately, his time on earth is running short. Yesterday, he made a comment about not going to be able to see the building that bares his name when it is officially completed. That really hurt hearing that. But maybe, with a lot of support, we can have Pat experience and receive arguably the most prestigious achievement that one could have in hockey while he is still alive: A HHOF plaque.

If you have a Facebook account, please take 5 seconds to join this group. It's growing very quickly. Thanks Don for the link.

http://www.facebook....99222767&ref=ts

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 May 2010 - 01:49 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

I joined.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

This is a great idea. Not sure if anything can be done but you never know and its worth a shot. He deserves to be there and it would be wonderful to see it while he is still with us.

God Bless you coach Burns. The amount of fight in this man is remarkable.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#4 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Latest PuckDaddy post: http://bit.ly/98cGrm

Please join the Facebook group if you haven't already. Thanks.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#5 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

we are with you pat!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#6 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Just joined

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up, DR33, I joined as well.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I joined

#9 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

I joined

I also sent the link to my kids and told them to join too. Burnsie deserves it!!

#10 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

I joined and posted. Hope this gets done quicklyl.

#11 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:27 AM

This goal of getting Burns in the HHOF now is really going viral. Over 2600+ in the FB group with mentions on PuckDaddy and Hockey Night in Canada.

Here is a link to the Burns press conference where it really hits home how much the cancer has taken its toll on Pat. You can also see how much Lou Lamoriello means to Pat.

http://www.cbc.ca/vi...y/ID=1452251865

#12 Broten1

Broten1

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

I'm in baby.Burnsies's the best.
It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year.

#13 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

I'm in.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#14 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

Definitely deserving. I joined.

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Over 5000 strong. Please join if you haven't already.

Here are some classic Pat Burns' threads on NJDevs:

Burns Promises Victory:
http://www.njdevs.co...h=1

Burns related weird Tale:
http://www.njdevs.co...h=1

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

i am spreading it like wildfire in other forums.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

Joined!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#18 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

Do he deserve it based on his accomplishments?

50/50 imo
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#19 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,098 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

100% deserves to be in the Hall.

3 Jack Adams trophies with 3 different teams in the 1st year with each team.

First year with the Habs: Team finishes with 115 points and goes to the Stanley Cup Finals

First year with the Leafs: Takes over a team with 67 points the year before and leads them one game short of the Stanley Cup Finals

First year with the Bruins: Takes over the worst team in the league (drafted Joe Thornton 1st overall) and the Bruins make the playoffs and remember Thornton was a non-factor his rookie year.

First year with the Devils: Devils win the Cup

His winning Percentage has to be up there at the top in the post-expansion era.

#20 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

I guess. I don't really know how that compares with others that are in. But that is impressive, thanks.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users