237 replies to this topic

#61 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

Oh, god I agree with you. Pretty much the whole 'soundtrack' sucked except Green Day and CKY.

At first I didn't mind the soundtrack, and I was excited that Megadeth was in it, but after a while it just got annoying hearing the same songs over and over and over again. It would be better if there were just more songs in it so you didn't hear the same ones all the time.

Edited by devilsfan26, 26 June 2010 - 09:24 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#62 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

At first I didn't mind the soundtrack, and I was excited that Megadeth was in it, but after a while it just got annoying hearing the same songs over and over and over again. It would be better if there were just more songs in it so you didn't hear the same ones all the time.

Damn, I forgot Megadeth! They rule. And yeah, there should definitely be more songs :P

Edited by Joonas #6, 26 June 2010 - 03:57 PM.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#63 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

I made an NHL 11 Wish List.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0uqLpJox-U
The one about the juniors already came true, EA announced it already.

NHL 11 lets you create highlight reel moments and experience adrenaline-pumping NHL action with bigger hits, broken sticks, and faster dangles :D

believe-3devils.jpg

#64 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Good NHL 10 add-on site

this guy and his friends made an in-game sountrack for stoppages, intros, goal celebrations, etc. i put in the ones for intros, goals and stoppages and i gotta say, its freaking amazing. changed ours to chelsea dagger [i hate the hey song and chicago's is catchy]

their stoppage songs are mostly rock, but its traditional stuff you'd hear at arenas that arent our family-aimed watered down garbage at times.

they also keep updating rosters as the summer progresses, their last update came out this past saturday.

Edited by jagknife, 13 July 2010 - 08:14 PM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#65 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

NHL 11, Goal or No Goal
http://www.operation...t.php?id=430180

The players still look stupid after they score the goal. I was hoping that they would change the celebrations a bit more rather than having them celebrate alone.

#66 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

If I had to pick one thing to change about nhl 10...it'd probably be a lot of how Be a GM was programmed to run. Honestly, the gameplay was good enough to keep me playing for like 8 seasons (granted, the 100% goal shots are annoying, but I don't play online so it doesn't really affect me).

-Add the ability to extend players contracts before UFA season
-Fix the trade system. I liked the 'minigame' craziness during the draft and deadline, but stars don't need to move every single time.
-Fix the draft. Honestly, I feel like there's just wayyy too much talent put into each season during the draft. It makes signing established players pointess. Why sign some 88+ with no potential for like 7m when I could sign an 83 with great potential for 5 years for half that.
-Have the EA staff do just a wee bit more research about NHL prospects. Devils specifically, I've wanted to see Josefson and Tedenby for a while now. I don't care what career AHL'ers are in the system

that's pretty much all that's bugged me about the game in all honesty.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#67 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

If I had to pick one thing to change about nhl 10...it'd probably be a lot of how Be a GM was programmed to run. Honestly, the gameplay was good enough to keep me playing for like 8 seasons (granted, the 100% goal shots are annoying, but I don't play online so it doesn't really affect me).

-Add the ability to extend players contracts before UFA season
-Fix the trade system. I liked the 'minigame' craziness during the draft and deadline, but stars don't need to move every single time.
-Fix the draft. Honestly, I feel like there's just wayyy too much talent put into each season during the draft. It makes signing established players pointess. Why sign some 88+ with no potential for like 7m when I could sign an 83 with great potential for 5 years for half that.
-Have the EA staff do just a wee bit more research about NHL prospects. Devils specifically, I've wanted to see Josefson and Tedenby for a while now. I don't care what career AHL'ers are in the system

that's pretty much all that's bugged me about the game in all honesty.

Go to the Swedish Elite League and Tedenby is on HV71 and Josefsson is on Djugardens. Just move them on to the Devils. But boost their stats, because they are pretty awful with like no potential.

Edited by parisebrandon1994, 26 July 2010 - 03:39 PM.

25smul5.png

#68 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Toews on the cover...I guess the made the decision after the SCF.

Uck...2 Hawks in a row.
Gamespot Hands-On

Edited by ben00rs, 28 July 2010 - 04:24 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#69 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

Toews on the cover...I guess the made the decision after the SCF.

Uck...2 Hawks in a row.
Gamespot Hands-On

Parise's year is coming. I thought, for sure, he'd get it after this year's olympic showing. At least the US edition

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#70 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

Parise's year is coming. I thought, for sure, he'd get it after this year's olympic showing. At least the US edition

Yea, would have been nice...it seems to me that EA decided to wait until after the SCF to choose the cover guy. My guess is that if the Devils had won the cup or made a deep playoff run, Parise would have been a top choice. My guess is that EA had a list of like 7 or 8 guys to use and Parise was one of them. But when the Devs failed to go deep he was taken off the list.

Not like the old NHL games where they just put the biggest star on the cover.

BTW: Why does your group say "validating"? - You might want to ask DM about fixing that.

Edited by ben00rs, 30 July 2010 - 11:55 AM.

#71 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

I read and didn't see it so I thought I'd ask, Did anyone hear anything about some changes to GM mode? Its my favorite mode but I'm tired of having players sit in the FA list in their prime for years because they want too much money. I hope they go a little more in depth with contracts and other off ice stuff. Maybe give the players some personality or something.

815631765.gif

#72 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

from that video, it looks like rather than focus on the actual rules, they jumped the gun and added a new feature for the sake of adding a feature.

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

or how about fixing the immortal CPU puck carriers who apparently even after getting hit, never lose: control of the puck or lose stride unless its a big hit

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#73 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:05 PM

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

I haven't had this problem at all. Maybe you have penalties turned on too high or are using it when you're not in a good position to do so. :noclue:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#74 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

has anyone preordered NHL 11 for PS3? I'm wondering how much better it will actually be than NHL 10, but the improvements seem pretty significant.
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

I haven't had this problem at all. Maybe you have penalties turned on too high or are using it when you're not in a good position to do so. :noclue:

Agreed. A lot of people just think "oh, I'm near the guy, let's lift his stick"... you have to see your stick around/under the AI's to attempt a stick-lift, otherwise there's a good bet you'll be penalized.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#76 ooinvisiblekidoo

ooinvisiblekidoo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

has anyone preordered NHL 11 for PS3? I'm wondering how much better it will actually be than NHL 10, but the improvements seem pretty significant.

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy. I'll be picking it up the day it comes out.

#77 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy. I'll be picking it up the day it comes out.

I never pre-order NHL games, I've never any problems getting it the day it comes out so far. Knock on wood I guess.

Any special bonuses for pre-ordering?

believe-ll.jpg

#78 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

I never pre-order NHL games, I've never any problems getting it the day it comes out so far. Knock on wood I guess.

You don't get drunk with your friends two nights before and spend 130 bucks on a life-sized replica football helmet of a college you don't pay attention to, leaving your pockets empty until a week later when you get your paycheck, which is already a week after all of your other friends got the game and played it and told you how awesome it was?

That was all hypothetical. Promise.

(Who the hell cares about Boise State football, for christ's sake?)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#79 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

It used to be that Game stores were understocked and you had to predorder to get a game when it came out. Pre-ordering is for the hardcore gamers nowadays. Often with a pre-order you get extra game content.

#80 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hopefully I'm getting NHL 11 one week before it comes out like I did NCAA. That would be awesome... :w00t:
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users