21 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 08:30 PM

I am starting to give up on the Twins fast. I really am not happy watching the Twins at all. This team has underacheived all year. I am trying to be patient, but when the Twins are going through a horrible strech like this, it's hard to care or get interested. I think the Twins have overacheived the last two years. The offense is not that good and the pitching stinks. Basically what I see now is what I saw from the Twins years ago. I hope they keep it up with the losing so they can have a fire sale. I want to see Cuddyer, Restrovich, Mauer, Adam Johnson, and other prospects in the big leagues instead of watching fat cats in the current roster.

GO KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is the Royals year. I hope I am wrong.

#2 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 08:35 PM

Royals aren't going anywhere. It's a great story and El Chico is really rooting for them but it's back to reality for them and who knew they'd be .500 at this time, they should be happy with it and they can still improve and may be a force in the future. The White Sox or Twins will win the division and whoever comes in 2nd is on the outside looking in because neither one of these teams would have a chance at Wild Card.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#3 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:00 PM

Back to reality for KC? How? The Twins stink and the White Sox can't even beat bad teams like the D-Rays and the Tigers. It is not looking good for the Twins right now. I think the Twins will likely have a losing season this year. If you think Kevin Young will make a big difference for the Twins, then you are nuts.

Why is El Chico is rooting for the Royals beyond me? I thought the Twins are a feel-good story too. i guess they don't float your boat, eh.

I can see KC winning this division. I think Tony Pena has done a very good job getting his players to believe in themselves and I think he has done a good job with the usage of young pitchers.

#4 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:02 AM

Eh, Twins were supposed to win this division, the Royals were supposed to be 3rd only because they were in a division with the Tigers and Indians.

Don't get me wrong, El Chico normally wishes the Twins well and the Twins have had their problems with the stadium, payroll, contraction but if the Royals were to make a SERIOUS run, this would be one of the biggest upsets in recent history.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#5 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:11 AM

I hope KC does well in the playoffs. I really do. It's always good to see small-market teams do well. KC is a good sports town and those fans are very loyal. They know their baseball so it's good to see their team do well. I only wish the Twins would make them sweat.

I am very suprised to see KC to do this well. I never expected this and I am sure the Royals players never expected this.

I could see Cleveland make some noise next year in the Central. I really like them. They are my next year's sleeper.

#6 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:15 AM

KC doing well in the playoffs. Let's see them make it there first. Twins and White Sox have been in slumps but KC can't compete with those teams if they are playing good baseball. This is what will happen, the Royals will drop out and fall but finish with a good record of 84-77 (estimate, lol) The White Sox will improve but having bums like Everett and Alomar will hurt them in the strech run because they will both be suspended, lol. They will finish 86-75 (estimate again) The Twins good starting rotation will get it together in time to win the division with a record of 93-68 (estimate number 3) There you have it, the AL Central race. Sorry if El Chico took the excitement out of it, lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:19 AM

I hope you are right, El Chico. I really do, but I am really ticked off at the Twins. It has gotten to the point now that I am very happy if the Twins lost so that they can have fire players and Ron Gardenhire. There are too many losers on that team. Plus I don't think Ron Gardenhire is a good manager. He is as dumb as Byron Scott.

I want to see the Twins fire Gardy and then hire either Al Newman (Twins third base coach) or bring TK from retirement or even hire Joe Mauer's dad to manage the team.

#8 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:24 AM

Joe Mauer's dad managing the Twins would be a disgrace. Seriously. El Chico knows Joe is still in Double A but having someone's dad manage your team barely works in little league, lol. The whole favoritism thing comes into play and you'd have to fire him once Joe gets to the big team. El Chico doubts Kelly has any feelings to come back and El Chico doesn't know enough about Newman to comment on him.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:30 AM

TK is never going to come back. I think he is truly done managing. That's too bad because he is one of the best managers in baseball. I really appreciate what Tom Kelly has brought to the table as manager of the Twins. He made sure guys work their butts off every single game. I think when TK left, players decided to get lazy and took advantage of Gardenhire's nature. I think there are too many guys like Guzman, Rivas, Mientkiewicz,and others started becoming lazy when Gardy got the job.

Twins drafted all the Mauer boys so it makes sense for Joe Mauer's dad to manage them. Mauer actually managed a lot in little leagues and won lot of championships. It would be fun to see Joe Mauer's dad match wits with Joe Torre

#10 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:41 AM

First of all, little league managing aren't enough crudentials for the job, lol. But what would you do, if he's manager and the Mauers are all called up. One day he decided to take out a starter for one of his sons and the move wasn't neccesary. It would be bad news. The players would hate him and his sons and he'd end up getting canned and tarnishing the family's image. The sons also would then find it hard in the MLB. So, El Chico thinks it would be best for Mauer's dad to stay away.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:46 AM

I think hiring Mauer's dad can shake the clubhouse by keeping the guys on their toes. Just hiring his dad would put a fear on lot of players. It will never happen anyway, but I would wish the Twins would give a job for Mauer's dad.

Did you hear the Twins acquired ex-Pirate Kevin Young? Talk about them being cheap to begin with. Second, what the hell has Young done in the last few years. He is the same loser that ripped Pittsburgh fans this season. I don't like the move one bit.

#12 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:53 AM

It's just a minor league deal and he probably won't see playing time ever for the Twins. His numbers this year are horrible and he's never been anything special throughout his career.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:06 AM

If Kevin Young is in the big club, the Twins got real problems.

Man it would be cool to see Mauer's dad manage the Twins when I get the Extra Innings Package next week. Of course, Gardenhire will never be fired since Pholad loves him.

#14 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:35 AM

You know your team is in trouble when they get swept by the Rangers . . .

;)
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:35 AM

You know, the three of us could have a real pity party here with our three teams.

:(
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com

#16 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 06:37 PM

NJDev25: Yeah and it stinks. I am really pissed at the Twins right now. The last few weeks has been misery and this week is no different. I really hope things change soon. Gardy benched Rivas and Guzman for the Anaheim series this weekend. From what I read in the Minneapolis papers, lot of Twins players did not play hard against the Rangers and Gardenhire was fed up with it.

Twins play the defending champs tonight and I am not really into it at all because the Twins stink.

Pity party for El Chico? :puke: He is a Yankee fan.

#17 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 11:04 AM

True . . . but I was thinking about the KC Royals.

The Rangers are now back to their losing ways after last night. :rolleyes:

#18 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 01:05 PM

I honestly hope KC wins the division and go as far as they can in the playoffs. It pains me to say this as a Twins fan, but KC is a team that is so hungry and they have fun playing the game. I can't say the same about the Twins anymore. Twins have gotten so lazy that it's not even funny. I don't even care about them anymore.

#19 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:39 PM

It's not so bad for the Twins, they are beating the Angels right now.

It's not so bad for the Rangers, wait wait. It is that bad for the Rangers, lol, because it's LIMA TIME TONIGHT!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:21 PM

Angels lead the Twins 4-1 in the seventh inning. I hate the Twins. They are a disgrace to the state of Minnesota. I hope they don't win a game this year. They are as bad as the Mets.

When does basketball season starts? I can't take this anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users