#261 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

It's disappointing because this isn't a joke.

Edited by devils26, 14 April 2010 - 09:08 PM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#262 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Kovalchuk is still pressing. Parise has a guy draped all over him for practically the entire game.

Elias has to step up here. He was almost invisible.

That blank on the four-minute PP killed us.

Edited by 95Crash, 14 April 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#263 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

It's the same thing every game vs the Flyers. And not just the Flyers it is the same thing every time with Lemaire teams. They don't adjust. We play the same way every time and are predictable.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#264 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Ummmm....why?? What the fvck did the Flyers do?? Didn't outshoot us, didn't outhit us, gave us all the PP time we needed. We beat ourselves

Edit: Didn't even win more faceoffs....even there we dominated

have we considered doing SOMETHING to take advantage of them over committing on the puck handler. you know they're going to do that to kovy and parise at least. if you can figure a way to get past the defender when he's playing you out that far, that's 1 less defender till he gets back in position. but i guess that's too hard of a concept

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#265 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Jesus this team needs to hit the farooqin net. The End.
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#266 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

The Phillies beat the Yankees Game one too and all the Philly fans went nuts, hopefully this has a similar result.
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

#267 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Okay, I'll be the optimistic one. Given how the Devils couldn't convert and were playing with no hockey sense, I'm surprised the score was only 2-1. Seriously, the Flyers should've won by much more. This team has the drive. It's time for the coach and the veterans to take charge, calm everyone down, and remind this team of how good they can be when they're focused.

You're a moron. Score was only 2-1? Flyers should have won by much more? Flyers had a whole 14 shots on goal, and their two goals were very opportunistic - a skate deflection on the 1st goal, and a borderline too many men on the ice with the 2nd. Devils had literally 0 puck luck in this game aside from the 1 goal they scored. Granted, we didn't play our best game and a lot of players were pressing, but we definitely outchanced and outplayed the Flyers for a large part of the game.

Edited by Amberite, 14 April 2010 - 09:14 PM.

#268 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

What a joke....I mean honestly. I can't believe I just wasted my whole night watching that disgrace. I was so excited for this game. But I knew the Flyers were underrated and were going to give us fits. We will lose this series, watch. O well, I will be there Friday with a false sense of optimism.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#269 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Exactly. It's going to be a long series.

There was only 2 impressive things about the flyers tonight: Their PK and Puck luck. Hopefully the Devils adjust and take it to em.

For the Devils, the effort was there, the chances were there, they just looked like they were holding their sticks a bit too tight. I think the Flyers had the upper hand by basically already playing a playoff game.

#270 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

That was the worst piece of sh!t I've ever seen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#271 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Like I said before, it's Lemaire's series to lose. He's off to a start.

#272 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

You're a moron. Score was only 2-1? Flyers should have won by much more? Flyers had a whole 14 shots on goal, and their two goals were very opportunistic - a skate deflection on the 1st goal, and a borderline too many men on the ice with the 2nd. Devils had literally 0 puck luck in this game aside from the 1 goal they scored. Granted, we didn't play our best game and a lot of players were pressing, but we definitely outchanced and outplayed the Flyers for a large part of the game.

Too Many Men on the Ice - Players and goalkeepers may be changed at any time during the play from the players’ bench provided that the player or players leaving the ice shall be within five feet (5') of his players’ bench and out of the play before the change is made. Refer also to Rule 71 – Premature Substitution. At the discretion of the on-ice officials, should a substituting player come onto the ice before his teammate is within the five foot (5’) limit of the players’ bench (and therefore clearly causing his team to have too many players on the ice), then a bench minor penalty may be assessed.

That was clearly more than 5'

believe-3devils.jpg

#273 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

I don't know what to really say...in a way we dominated the game but we certainly didn't played well and we had to capitalize on the scoring chances we had.

Now the good side of it is that we only gave the Flyers 14 shots and the 2 goals were pathetic considering that Brodeur looked pretty much like Boucher on it.

The down side of it is that we lost the first game that was played at home and that usually a huge moral builder for the other team and all the opposite for the other team.

Now I guess that JL will be looking to improve some things ahead of the next game but most important for the team right now is to use this game as a moral booster instead of a moral killer.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#274 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

There was only 2 impressive things about the flyers tonight: Their PK and Puck luck. Hopefully the Devils adjust and take it to em.

For the Devils, the effort was there, the chances were there, they just looked like they were holding their sticks a bit too tight. I think the Flyers had the upper hand by basically already playing a playoff game.

Was their PK even that impressive? It's like being impressed with a firefighter who stomped out a cigarette.

On a positive note, Carter's foot seems to really be bothering him. He was absent except for on the PP tonight.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#275 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

The only thing special about this team is it's ability to play the same exact hockey that causes them to rob themselves of the chance to do anything special.

They lost this game by not winning the 1st period, and because of the same things that gives you the feeling this team wasn't doing anything as far back as February.

The PP sucks. It's sucked all season and it isn't going to improve enough to be a weapon now.

They are an absolute infuriating hockey team to watch.

Edited by SJP20, 14 April 2010 - 09:20 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#276 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,406 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

The Devils have done a great job at controlling expectations during the season so :noclue: whatever--I'll put on my garb and cheer away.

I think it's time to rest happy with the thought that one day this will grow into a real playoff team. Nice effort - good things happ'nin' boys, chop away and you might win one or two this series even.

No shame in one and done when you give it your best effort and that just falls short.

Enjoy watching the Flyers tear up the division - you know, or someone else that really has what it takes tearing them up. There's a kind of satisfaction in that too.

This team - this organization - just doesn't want it badly enough to do what has to be done. They are distracted - continually sharing focus with some other business doings. It does - it comes from the top down. Lou is compromising - he's forgotten that no, it's NOT necessary. But keep making choices and calling plays and matching lines out of necessity. Play the NHL's game, play the oppositions game, play your man-on-ice's game - this is what it gets you. you allow Boucher to force you to play his game. Marty you go ahead and try to outwit the shooter block HIS shots rather than forcing him to take the ones you give him. :cheers: See yuz on the golf course. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 14 April 2010 - 09:26 PM.

I'm here for the party

#277 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I won't start to worry unless we lose Game 2.

Win Game 2, and we're back.

#278 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

People here are being way too critical of the team's play today. They were obviously jittery and holding their sticks too tight. I haven't seen so many wide shots, weak-wristed passes and rushed plays in a long time. Despite all that, we were controlling the play for the most part of the night. I want to see the second game, where they should have already settled down, before I make any judgment on this series.

Edited by Amberite, 14 April 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#279 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

What makes anyone think that they'll be any calmer and looser in game 2? Had they pulled this one off it would be true, but now dropping game 1 at home, they'll be even more tense. I just hope it becomes desperation and they channel that in a positive manner.

We can't get beat by fvcking Boucher....just can't

believe-3devils.jpg

#280 HadesPride

HadesPride

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

No need for name calling; I agree with your basic point although I do think the Flyers should have won by more given the difficulties we had on our offense. Flyers got lucky and we didn't...to a certain extent you make your own luck. The Flyers focused big time on defense to shut us down and it was working. That's smart hockey. Why focus on offense when the other team is having trouble scoring.

But my basic point was, maybe not stated so eloquently, was that I'm not too disappointed with the game. As I said, the drive is there. They have the skill level. I think the guys just need to calm down and focus. We only lost by one. That gives me hope that this series is far from over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users