594 replies to this topic

#481 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

Out celebrating... All of his wildest dreams are coming true.

Preparing the "I told you so" thread.

the thread he started was bumped for this stuff.

plenty of others have already started the "i told you so" rants in this thread. by bringing this up, you lend credence to something that should essentially be ignored if you don't agree.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#482 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

we also apparently showed character. not quite sure *what* character it was... this organization is like a bad parody of what it was. :lol: Lemaire used to be such a snide fvck, maybe it's possible he's doing the "I'll say everything in reverse" gag, who knows...

#483 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

I disagree. I just can't pick on Zach. He is clearly paying the price out there, drawing penalties and making things happen. The results are poor (no goals), but I thought he was pretty good.

It's entirely possible that my brain isn't functioning properly since it's telling me to bludgeon it with a rusty screwdriver right now, but I can't think of any opportunities Zach created (or came particularly close to finishing) tonight. Again, I may be misremembering. But at one point I saw Zach get the puck at the half boards on the PP in the third period and I thought to myself, "Where the hell has he been all night?"

Also, in my other post I forgot to mention that the coaching staff blew tonight as well. Awful, awful job of adjusting.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#484 Doba

Doba

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

This is just so dumb. Are you Doba ..... or Joba?

Really...what game are you watching....weak on his skates...Maybe he should watch some game tape of the man Doug Gilmour to play with heart and balls even with a small body. He is a born loser, he goes in to take a wrist shot to make his stats look good.

Maybe if he had a shot like Phil Kessel...it would work.

DOBA

#485 dejaentendu2101

dejaentendu2101

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

It's entirely possible that my brain isn't functioning properly since it's telling me to bludgeon it with a rusty screwdriver right now, but I can't think of any opportunities Zach created (or came particularly close to finishing) tonight. Again, I may be misremembering. But at one point I saw Zach get the puck at the half boards on the PP in the third period and I thought to myself, "Where the hell has he been all night?"

Also, in my other post I forgot to mention that the coaching staff blew tonight as well. Awful, awful job of adjusting.

He almost had that breakaway that resulted in a penatly. I think it was on one of the PK.

Edited by dejaentendu2101, 20 April 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#486 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Now,remember to pay for your season tickets for next year on time...better yet...just burn the money.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#487 No1betterNJDevs

No1betterNJDevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

..This will teach them a lesson for next year. If you get the oppurtunity to pick your opponent in the playoffs, take the damn oppurtunity. we could've been up against boston and had a better chance. whatever it takes to win or just get past the first round atleast.
Pain is weakness--leaving the body.

#488 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Kovalchuk is so cute - you know he loves the heart and character because it's all new to him... They're so CALM, know what needs to be done ... :argh: I have to go read a book or something...

Dano knows the intangible -- you know... I dont see an actor on that team... someone who can do that -- PANDO? Dano... really? That's a sentimental call...

If William Shatner was a hockey player would he be Jeremy Roenik - ironic if so since Bill is Canadian... things that make you go hmm...

I'm here for the party

#489 Doba

Doba

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

He almost had that breakaway that resulted in a penatly. I think it was on one of the PK.

come on man...the game was over...4-1
Philly was killing the clock

#490 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Oh my god where have I heard this before??? OH THAT'S RIGHT EVERY DAMN OFF SEASON I CAN REMEMBER FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS!

yeah and then someone who will remain unnamed comes in and uses sabermetrics to explain how Lou isn't the problem, and everyone believes him
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#491 dejaentendu2101

dejaentendu2101

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

come on man...the game was over...4-1
Philly was killing the clock

lol.

#492 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

well at least its not going to be a game 7 let down

Edited by sokar, 20 April 2010 - 10:05 PM.

#493 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

He took a crosscheck right in front of the net on a scramble, was fouled shorthanded, was dangerous on a wraparound. Those are the only ones I remember.

But the team is without a doubt being outcoached, I agree 100% with you.

#494 dejaentendu2101

dejaentendu2101

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

well at least its not going to be a game 7 let down

At least none of the loses have been in the last couple of seconds except for Game 3.

#495 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

yeah and then someone who will remain unnamed comes in and uses sabermetrics to explain how Lou isn't the problem, and everyone believes him

LOL, i'm waiting for this to end on thursday so i can look forward to exactly such, but only instead of Lou, it'll be about shooting %.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#496 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

You know what's sad? If we win on thurs, I'll stupidly have a renewed sense of optimism.

#497 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

You know what's there to do Thursday? Watch the Draft :lol:

believe-3devils.jpg

#498 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Dude maybe if you and Parise stopped going to the Jersey Shore to blow guys....he might have some energy to do something in the playoffs...how can you feel bad for a loser who never steps up in the playoffs.
He will be crying once again on Thursday like losing to Team Canada gold medal.

Stop blaming Lemaire...Maybe if Parise stopped going to the Jersey Shore to blow guys....he might have some energy to do something in the playoffs...how can you feel bad for a loser who never steps up in the playoffs.
He will be crying once again on Thursday like losing to Team Canada gold medal.

I'm glad this thought turned you on so much that you used the same exact line twice within 5 minutes.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#499 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

I predict a 4-2 loss on Thursday night and the Devils skating off the ice with the same "aww shucks" looks on their faces we've become accustomed to seeing the past three years.

#500 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Johnny Mac's team next year I hope.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users