594 replies to this topic

#541 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Wow, it just dawned on me that Boucher was the goalie in net when we came back to beat the Flyers in 2000. Ten years later, same scenario... what do we say? The past repeats itself?? :pray:

It's too bad this gutless crew doesn't have 1/10 of the heart that 2000 team had.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#542 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

It's too bad this gutless crew doesn't have 1/10 of the heart that 2000 team had.

This organization basically had a labotomy the day Scott Stevens retired.

#543 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

Ughhh, truth.

Maybe Stevens and Dano can come in the locker room and knock sh!t around to get a point across? I don't understand how this team isn't friggin' embarrassed to call themselves professional hockey players right now. My neighbor's girl scout troop could have done better than they did tonight.

I must say I do like that Marty shaved his beard tonight. Gets a point across to the team. (HELLO this is really is do or die idiots)

#544 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Yeah. Keep in mind that that 2000 team had already battled through two rounds and only got lazy in the conference finals. This team has legitimately showed up to one playoff game this year.

#545 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

HBO is showing "Four Christmases" and I just heard something I might never hear until October.......Rock & Roll part 2

believe-3devils.jpg

#546 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

what type of bull sh*t was that game....langenwho? The way were playing this series is all but done....and i hope many of the scrubs we call devils are gone like pelley,maybe rolson,motteau...langendummer

Edited by Scott Stevens #4, 20 April 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image,

#547 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

No one is in the moment :evilcry: When things go well everyone just thinks back on how they did it, rather than understanding that not thinking about it, just DOING it is how they did it.

Thinking has nothing to do with guts character or heart - if anything thinking is a sign you have guts character AND heart and DESIRE.

How do you have the pure force of will to NOT think? How do you find a way to move a game forward so no one else has time to think either? How can a coach speak, drill, change lines, call plays with the goal of simply moving the game forward, stopping the guys from thinking on ice? I think that was Burns's gift. These guys are playing like Virgos not Aries players. When is Lemaires birthday? DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT! I KNEW IT! fvck! September 7th. I would have said if it was anything else but... I would have -- i JUST checked right after I wrote it and there it was... dammitalltoheckfirepisswatersh!tballs.

I'm here for the party

#548 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Interesting -- Larry and Brett Sutter are Geminis -- that's like a mock Virgo -- all the good sense but none of the selflessness -- they always cave and act in a self-serving fashion at the end of the day... <_< quitters.

I'm here for the party

#549 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ughhh, truth.

Maybe Stevens and Dano can come in the locker room and knock sh!t around to get a point across? I don't understand how this team isn't friggin' embarrassed to call themselves professional hockey players right now. My neighbor's girl scout troop could have done better than they did tonight.

I must say I do like that Marty shaved his beard tonight. Gets a point across to the team. (HELLO this is really is do or die idiots)

I don't get how there can't be enough professional pride in that locker room, after what's happened the last 2 years, to go out and play better than this. It's mind-boggling. I don't know how we can seemingly care more than they do. I can't fathom it.

This organization basically had a labotomy the day Scott Stevens retired.

Yep. That about says it right.

#550 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

haha PK I love you and all your astrology knowledge.

I definitely need to go to sleep, I've started fighting with a Ranger fan about Devils sell outs on facebook. Clearly, I am still angry and will pick a fight with anyone. It's definitely time for sleep.

Goodnight Devils fans. We'll see what happens thursday. :)

#551 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Yeah. Keep in mind that that 2000 team had already battled through two rounds and only got lazy in the conference finals. This team has legitimately showed up to one playoff game this year.

That team also had 2 HOF defensemen and one of the most productive lines in NHL history.

#552 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

oh, ahh, I, I dont beleive in any of that crap -- you know -- I was just -- just saying is all. It's mumbojumbo - tomfoolery - poppycock! :giggle:

I have to go to bed... Dagnabit -- I really just wanted to read my book. You knwo of I COULD have watched Lost... why did I even bother... even Emma Wedgewood elft me out here on my own -- darwin would have abandon me long ago.

We get our new big boy on Saturday! He has nuts!!! I wonder how he'll feel about hockey.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 April 2010 - 11:20 PM.

I'm here for the party

#553 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

That team also had 2 HOF defensemen and one of the most productive lines in NHL history.

Well yeah, I was accepting that as a given. I was just pointing out that while it might seem like we're in the same spot as them, we're really not. That team had already established itself as a playoff contender. This team has established itself as nothing more than a failure.

#554 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

And a coach who cared enough to throw an uncharacteristic tantrum down 3-1 instead of one that's living in a dream world, continuing to emphasize the positive even when this team's proven it needed a kick in the *** weeks if not months ago.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#555 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

And a coach who cared enough to throw an uncharacteristic tantrum down 3-1 instead of one that's living in a dream world, continuing to emphasize the positive even when this team's proven it needed a kick in the *** weeks if not months ago.

Don't worry... we only have to deal with him for one more game. The nightmare is almost over.

#556 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

Don't worry... we only have to deal with him for one more game. The nightmare is almost over.

I wish I could be certain he'll be gone next season

believe-3devils.jpg

#557 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Lemaire's just used to being down 2 games in a playoff series. it's happened virtually every time he's coached solo. he knows the drill.

hell, he'll be the only guy to ever go down 3-1, 3-1, and 3-0 in 3 consecutive playoff series in the same season. I'm pretty sure that one'll never be matched

#558 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

But they showed character. Fvck you Lemaire. He's not totally to blame for this but he might as well be coaching from the moon right now.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#559 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

I wish I could be certain he'll be gone next season

I understand where you're coming from... however, I can't realistically imagine a scenario in which Lou is watching this and isn't fuming. This roster should not lose in the first round. They are being coahced out of the rink, and they make NO adjustments. If we see it, Lou has to see it.

#560 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Really wish he would just put 4 lines together and roll them.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users