81 replies to this topic

#41 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ok this may help them win tomorrow , but here is no way in Hell that they win game 6 in Philly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

It wont matter, we still have Mottau and Zajac on the team, with JL behind the bench.

#43 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Carter is supposedly out for the season. Well, the Caps can thank Pronger for finishing him off.

#44 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Gagne 3 weeks, Carter season. Hopefully this is a light confidence boost for the team. Can't hurt.
Posted Image

#45 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

Gagne 3 weeks, Carter season. Hopefully this is a light confidence boost for the team. Can't hurt.

I think this is definitely to our advantage.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#46 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

I think this is definitely to our advantage.

not really, if neither played in any of the four games, the series would still be the same. it makes them thinner, but they're not the problem. Pronger is the problem, and their grinders are the problem.

#47 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

In addition, the Flyers already have one 3-1 series that they screwed up royally to this very same team.

Really? This Devils team was the 2000 roster?

#48 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

not really, if neither played in any of the four games, the series would still be the same. it makes them thinner, but they're not the problem. Pronger is the problem, and their grinders are the problem.

Really? Because Carter definitely made quite a difference last night.

Really? This Devils team was the 2000 roster?

Don't try to be smart, you know I meant this team, as in the New Jersey Devils.

#49 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Carter and Gagne are both getting surgery Friday.

#50 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Really? Because Carter definitely made quite a difference last night.

you remove him from the game and the Devils still lose. the second goal came on a 5 on 3 when the game was over. anyone could have scored that and would have.

and Gagne... it was a great save, but that was Madden on Weekes, in OT-level bad shot placement

#51 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

yay.............
25smul5.png

#52 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Prepare the parade, we're winning this damn thing.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#53 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

you remove him from the game and the Devils still lose. the second goal came on a 5 on 3 when the game was over. anyone could have scored that and would have.

and Gagne... it was a great save, but that was Madden on Weekes, in OT-level bad shot placement

I think you're not giving enough credit to carter. The kid was really starting to come alive in game 3 and he had improved greatly since the first game. Gagne I agree isn't crushing for Philly.

At the very least it may just give the Devils some belief that Philly is cracking just a little bit. I mean everything that ccould have gone wrong so far this series has gone wrong. At this point I'll take whatever the hell we can get to be honest. No mater which way you slice it they're a little bit more worse then they were yesterday.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#54 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Carter and Gagne are both getting surgery Friday.

:yea: :yea: :yea:
25smul5.png

#55 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Prepare the parade, we're winning this damn thing.

From your lips to God's ears.

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#56 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

I think you're not giving enough credit to carter. The kid was really starting to come alive in game 3 and he had improved greatly since the first game. Gagne I agree isn't crushing for Philly.

At the very least it may just give the Devils some belief that Philly is cracking just a little bit. I mean everything that ccould have gone wrong so far this series has gone wrong. At this point I'll take whatever the hell we can get to be honest. No mater which way you slice it they're a little bit more worse then they were yesterday.

everybody came alive in game 3. we were motionless for the better part of the last 43 minutes of the game.

it's nice, it thins them out, but still, Pronger is going to bitch our forwards, some scrub like Asham will find a way to storm up the ice and beat Marty, and Boucher will stand there and do nothing except cover deflected pucks and stop 95% of what comes at him from 60 feet.... still looking shaky and looking behind himself after every one.

#57 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

It wont matter, we still have Mottau and Zajac on the team, with JL behind the bench.

What's wrong with Zajac? He's the best center on the team.
25smul5.png

#58 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

everybody came alive in game 3. we were motionless for the better part of the last 43 minutes of the game.

it's nice, it thins them out, but still, Pronger is going to bitch our forwards, some scrub like Asham will find a way to storm up the ice and beat Marty, and Boucher will stand there and do nothing except cover deflected pucks and stop 95% of what comes at him from 60 feet.... still looking shaky and looking behind himself after every one.

Good point about everyone coming alive. I don't know, I was just waiting for Carter to bury one. You could just feel that it was coming.

Ugh and please don't get me started about Boucher. I guess he has done a decent enough job but you could't be more accurate about him.

All I know is that we are due for a big game against them. Law of averages says so damn it! You would have to think that in 11 games there would be at least one that goes your damn way from start to finish and maybe Philly doesn't bring their best game.

#59 MartysGlove

MartysGlove

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Out for the series.. this could be a huge break but maybe a bit too late

#60 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Everyone keeps talking about Pronger and the Flyers forecheck. I remember a few years back when we had a series against Tampa Bay and Lecavalier and St Louis, and these two guys were killing us in the first few games. However, as the series went on they became more and more of a non-factor because the team adapted to deal with them and minimize their impact.

The point is that, yes, Pronger and their forecheck has been choking us in this series. However, it's been 4 games already. I'm sure they are watching videos of what's happening and trying to adapt to it. Just because these two aspects of the Flyers game have been so successful the first 4 games doesn't mean they will be for the last 3 (if it goes that far). Lets show SOME faith in the coaching, and hope that they can work around these two issues. If we can beat Pronger and their forecheck, paired with the loss of Carter and Gagne, and the Flyers don't have much left to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users