• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pulkit1989

pulkit1989

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Hi everyone..this is my first post here..and i live in vancouver..and im a devils fan..ive been supporting them since ive started watching hoceky..and every yr..i say to myself..that this yr..they will go all the way..but something always Fvkng messes up..this yr we sign kovy..i again thought..that this could be a key to winning the cup..but again i was wrong..what dooes everyone think about this franchise's future?

#2 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hi everyone..this is my first post here..and i live in vancouver..and im a devils fan..ive been supporting them since ive started watching hoceky..and every yr..i say to myself..that this yr..they will go all the way..but something always Fvkng messes up..this yr we sign kovy..i again thought..that this could be a key to winning the cup..but again i was wrong..what dooes everyone think about this franchise's future?

too soon to ask.... the wound is too fresh....stick around there some good discussion here....throughout the year...
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#3 firecenter

firecenter

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I personally feel that we have regressed. while i do not support what he did, i felt Sutter had this team playing with more emotion. we were rarely the better team in this series, which was not the case last year (and even the year before when we lost to the rangers, played well the majority of time). We need to get back to that relentless "try and stop us" forcheck we have seen in years past.

#4 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

I agree firecenter. I almost think that the way that this team played in the beginning of this season was some kind of cosmic melding of Sutter's offensive system with Lemaire's defensive system and that come the turn of the calendar year Lemaire finally got across to the forwards his defensive system and they stopped attacking. Their breakout at the beginning of the year was crisp and beautiful to behold. They haven't executed a proper breakout consistently through a game in four months.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

I said last year that we'd be the St. Louis Blues of the decade.... do relatively well in the regular season, bow out early every post season.... so I just assumed we would do exactly that this year. I think I was bang-on. And I think we will do exactly that each and every year of this decade, continuing the trend.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

I said last year that we'd be the St. Louis Blues of the decade.... do relatively well in the regular season, bow out early every post season.... so I just assumed we would do exactly that this year. I think I was bang-on. And I think we will do exactly that each and every year of this decade, continuing the trend.

If they keep spraying lysol on the pile of sh!t...the smell won't go away; the only way to get rid of the smell is to clean up the pile. Your right, without some sort of overhaul, there's no reason to believe the trend won't continue.

#7 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

I'm hoping that the finality of this, and the fact that the Devils looked yet again three steps slower than their opponent come playoff time, will signal to Lou that it's time for major changes.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#8 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

This team has a handful of real keepers. I remember seasons when I honestly couldn't think of anyone above our fourth line and sixth defenseman that I wanted to see traded. At this point there aren't enough keepers to fill a minivan.

#9 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

3 consecutive painful endings and this team has one big problem: losing passion during the playoffs. I don't think adding a player or 2 or changing the coach will help the team. This team is not hungry enough and looks disinterested at times. I don't know how to put this into words, but this team needs something, but that "something" is an intangible nobody knows how to grab it and I even think Lou doesn't know either.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#10 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

3 consecutive painful endings and this team has one big problem: losing passion during the playoffs. I don't think adding a player or 2 or changing the coach will help the team. This team is not hungry enough and looks disinterested at times. I don't know how to put this into words, but this team needs something, but that "something" is an intangible nobody knows how to grab it and I even think Lou doesn't know either.

I know one of the things that is missing is something that is being discussed in the game thread: leadership. We haven't had a strong leader since oh captain, our captain left the game. There has been nobody to fill that void. Nobody keeping the players accountable.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#11 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

This team has a handful of real keepers. I remember seasons when I honestly couldn't think of anyone above our fourth line and sixth defenseman that I wanted to see traded. At this point there aren't enough keepers to fill a minivan.

Try a hatchback

believe-3devils.jpg

#12 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

I will be happy to have a pair of those as our defense.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#13 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

That'd be an improvement over one Mr. Mottau

#14 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

You might have the answer in your writing. Maybe its time that Lou moved on.............

#15 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Mathias Teneby!!!
Posted Image,

#16 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

If you want the kid don't misspell his name. It's Mattias Tedenby

believe-3devils.jpg

#17 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Who cares if his name is spelled accuratley.....all i know is he deserve a chance with his ability
Posted Image,

#18 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

If you want the kid don't misspell his name. It's Mattias Tedenby

We have professionals that "punch in/out" of work, but don't do their jobs 100% while on the clock. That's the problem. I see a team of guys that expects the "other guy" to bail them out, only to then realize that the other guy is thinking the exact same thing.

The last few teams that won cups were teams built from a good mix of character, experience, and youth. Oh, and let's not forget to mention, teams that had players that actually played the positions they are meant to play.

Unlike the NJ Devils...playing Elias, Zubrus, and Rolston at center, and Corrente at wing. I mean really...what's that all about...

I think the Rock is jinxed, and us fans are jinxed for having success and not being humble about it...that's my "superstitious side" speaking...I just hope we're not the new coming of the Rangers, that had to wait 54 years for a Stanley Cup...

#19 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Who cares if his name is spelled accuratley.....all i know is he deserve a chance with his ability

You weren't the first that's why I said it :lol:

believe-3devils.jpg

#20 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

I'm hoping that the finality of this, and the fact that the Devils looked yet again three steps slower than their opponent come playoff time, will signal to Lou that it's time for major changes.

Will never happen... Lou is too loyal to his players. He wont get rid of the guys who won him a Cup before. He'd rather have them play until they retire as Devils, despite their lack of production.

All I know is if Mottau is resigned, I will puke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users