Posted Image Posted Image

#43 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

it would make no sense to sign a coach before the end of the cup, since we may have more resignations that may interest us, so june 28-29 is when i would expect something.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#44 Chris Schneider

Chris Schneider

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

there are options out there but right now i would say steves only because he might bring the toughness we need

#45 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

yea I dont see an announcement for a new coach until end of june or middle july.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#46 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

What is Mike Milbury doing these days?

Probably figuring out more ways to suck worse than he does now.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#47 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

Tom Mcvie (oh wait, he's no longer with us) I say Don Lever (first capt. of nj devils)and johnnie MAC! doug gilmore?? and why not sarge as an assistant??

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#48 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

Scott Stevens doesn't deserve to coach the Devils. Has he even been behind the bench as an assistant anywhere?

#49 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

I think Lemaire was keeping the seat warm while Lou gave MacLean a test run in Lowell.

It was a pretty good test run.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#50 Chris Schneider

Chris Schneider

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

i think it will be johnny mac but i still wouldnt mind stevens. but i dont see it being worse then what it was

#51 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

I was also thinking Ted Nolan. Someone like him could work. I can see Johnny Mac getting passed over one last time....he did only have 1 season in Lowell

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#52 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

Haviland please

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#53 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Ted Nolan
John Stevens
Ken Hitchcock
Mike Haviland
forgot his name... the assistant coach to JL
Scott Stevens
JMAC

BArry Melrose??? He loves Newark so much..
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#54 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

That's probably what it will come down to, if you believe the Jimmy Leeds rumor Haviland was the second choice last year.

It's starting to almost be a place where coaches wouldn't want to go........a coach's graveyard if you will.

I'll find out more on this soon. Like I said, he had the job last year, everything was in place just pending on what Lemaire wanted to do. But with him in the playoffs and a possible deep run, who knows how that will play out for next year.

The original issue was he and LL didn't see eye to eye on an issue they had with eachother in the past, but they seemed to have worked it out......I don't know exactly the issue, I was told, but I forgot.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

It's starting to almost be a place where coaches wouldn't want to go........a coach's graveyard if you will.

I'll find out more on this soon. Like I said, he had the job last year, everything was in place just pending on what Lemaire wanted to do. But with him in the playoffs and a possible deep run, who knows how that will play out for next year.

The original issue was he and LL didn't see eye to eye on an issue they had with eachother in the past, but they seemed to have worked it out......I don't know exactly the issue, I was told, but I forgot.

It's a coaches graveyard only if you fail or bail.

I am for a fresh start with a new coach, same philosophy, better motivator.

But I would also agree the Jacques was just keeping the seat warm while Johnny-Mac got his HC experience.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#56 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I hope Maclean or Haviland or someone we haven't heard of. But none of these former NHL coaches floating around sound promising.

#57 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Havi!!!

And they need a room shakeup as well. I don’t think coaching is the sole reason for the recent early exits. I didn’t buy into the ‘coach killer’ thing but I’m starting to.

It’s either that or Lou has totally lost his ability to get a coach who’s able to coach these players in April.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#58 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

And they need a room shakeup as well. I don’t think coaching is the sole reason for the recent early exits. I didn’t buy into the ‘coach killer’ thing but I’m starting to.

From what I hear the Devils came close to that last season. It was one reason Madden was allowed to leave, since he was a big voice in the locker room, they were hoping that would change the dynamic. Since it seems the team reacted similarly this year, and we know Lou was pissed, I would think a bigger shakeup happens this offseason.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#59 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

It's a coaches graveyard only if you fail or bail.

Ftorek?

Julien?

Which one failed or bailed?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#60 bdubdevs

bdubdevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

I don't buy into the coach's graveyard thing, either. Look at the talent we had this year. After getting Kovy, we had one of the top offenses in the NHL on paper. We had a "no name" defense, but they helped win the Jennings. And we still have Marty. Lou set this team up for a championship. I know the problems in the playoffs and everything, but the responsibility still falls on the coach's shoulders.

I don't think we'll have a problem getting a capable coach. Sure, odds are we lose Kovy, but look at the talent we still have. I'd like to think that the biggest priority of where a coach goes is the probability of winning a championship, and I don't know how we're not the most likely team to contend next year out of the teams with head coaching vacancies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users