#21 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

Holy S#$%.

Doesn't this conflict with the World Cup?

The addition of Henry, which could come shortly after the World Cup, could boost the Red Bulls on the field, where they're 5-3 (15 points) and leading the MLS Eastern Conference despite scoring only eight goals. His presence could also help fill seats at the team's brand-new Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Holy S#$%.

Doesn't this conflict with the World Cup?

Sounds to me like he won't join the team until after the World Cup.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Sounds to me like he won't join the team until after the World Cup.

I saw that AFTER I posted.

Either way, HOLY S#$%!!!!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

I saw that AFTER I posted.

Either way, HOLY S#$%!!!!

Ya, I had some people who were going to check out a game this year so we'll push it back until he arrives now.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Ya, I had some people who were going to check out a game this year so we'll push it back until he arrives now.

I was going to do the same thing. IF TRUE this is fantastic news.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

Go anyway! Support the team! You will enjoy yourself.

#27 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

This is hilarious:

http://www.mls-daily...cause-city.html

Pires Rejects Union's Offer Because City Isn't Beautiful

Former French international Robert Pires has turned down an offer to join the Philadelphia Union. According to a report in L'Equipe, the former Arsenal star rejected the expansion club's overtures, apparently because the quality of the city does not live up to his expectations.

"It does not please me," he said in a roughly-translated version of the article. "I do not want to be difficult, but left to take my family away, I'd rather do it in a beautiful city. Otherwise, I will put an end to my career."

However, when asked about former France and Arsenal teammate Thierry Henry's potential move to the New York Red Bulls, Pires responded more positively: "I wish him to go there. That is a beautiful city."

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#28 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

That's awesome.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#29 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

This is hilarious:

Eh, wish I could take that at face value, but when its "I'd rather retire than play", it has to be about $. Its not like either stadium is that close to their supposed city. Chester PA isn't exactly the nicest city in America, but that stadium is going to be right up there in terms of MLS venues, and it close enough to some of the nicer area suburbs.

Did anyone believe Yori Djorkaeff his last year when he was supposed to be hurt, then was seen at like every France Wold cup game in Germany?

#30 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Go anyway! Support the team! You will enjoy yourself.

Definately.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#31 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

This is hilarious:

Loved it, and honestly I wouldn't mind a Pires/Henry reunion for Metro.
Posted Image Posted Image

#32 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

There are rumors about a second mls team coming to NY (Queens). Beckham might be involved and the rumored name is the NY Cosmos. I wonder if that happened and all ny fans threw their support toward the Cosmos, would RBNY feel silly for ditching the Jersey name??
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

#33 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

There are rumors about a second mls team coming to NY (Queens). Beckham might be involved and the rumored name is the NY Cosmos. I wonder if that happened and all ny fans threw their support toward the Cosmos, would RBNY feel silly for ditching the Jersey name??

Won't happen unless they play in citi-field or unless whoever the owners are build a stadium with their own money. The city isn't going to fork over money to build a soccer stadium.

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

Won't happen unless they play in citi-field or unless whoever the owners are build a stadium with their own money. The city isn't going to fork over money to build a soccer stadium.

I won't be Citifield, the maintainene scheduling conflicts with the baseball team that plays there.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

RedBulls topped Juventus 3-1 in a friendly! I'm surprised this didn't get posted yet....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#36 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

RedBulls topped Juventus 3-1 in a friendly! I'm surprised this didn't get posted yet....

Juve put in a solid 45 minute effort & then laid down for the 2nd half. 5 Italian national team members were missing but still had some big names playing.
Red Bull starters checked into the game midway through the 2nd half where most of the scoring happened.
It was an exciting game & a great atmosphere.

Easy enough to get to from the PATH, but I didn't like how you got herded on the narrow sidewalk for the first few blocks when you get off the train. I will definitely be going back.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Holy Crap I just found out several Red Bulls live in my building!!!! Must get inside info on Henri.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Definitely one of the nicest stadiums Ive ever been too and that places rocks too. Its certainly not a soccer game at Giants Stadium.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#39 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

the red bulls are the best sports option this summer while i wait for hockey

bar none

come hang out with the gss

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

the red bulls are the best sports option this summer while i wait for hockey

bar none

come hang out with the gss

Will do!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users