94 replies to this topic

#41 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

Whatever happened to Thierry Henry joining the Red Bulls after the World Cup? France is out, so why hasn't he signed? Is that not happening anymore? I want to know because I've been waiting to buy tickets so I can go to a game when he is on the team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Whatever happened to Thierry Henry joining the Red Bulls after the World Cup? France is out, so why hasn't he signed? Is that not happening anymore? I want to know because I've been waiting to buy tickets so I can go to a game when he is on the team.

I actually talked to a player who lives in my building and he said they were going to announce this AFTER the World Cup is over. My guess is you will see the ads for this during the weekend. I am actually buying tickets NOW.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

Just got tickets for the August 14th game against Donovan/Beckham? and hopefully Henry!!!!

Go RED BULLS

Finally something to watch after the world cup.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

The Red Bulls are going to announce on the 14th who they signed, they didn't just do that because they like the number 14th. I think the friendly against tottenham will be his first game. I don't see them letting his first start be a road game.

#45 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

The Red Bulls are going to announce on the 14th who they signed, they didn't just do that because they like the number 14th. I think the friendly against tottenham will be his first game. I don't see them letting his first start be a road game.

Agreed.

Is Beckham playing this year in LA?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#46 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Is Beckham playing this year in LA?

He got hurt playing in Milan this winter, not sure if he can come back this year.

I'm not a huge fan of Henry coming here, the guy is forever marred by that Ireland game

#47 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

He got hurt playing in Milan this winter, not sure if he can come back this year.

I'm not a huge fan of Henry coming here, the guy is forever marred by that Ireland game

Becks isn't playing this year or next year. He's going back to Milan.
And I could care less about what TH14 did with his national team, he makes our team THAT much better. I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP. We've been waiting 14 loong years for one, we got a shot in 08, and lost, TH14 gives us a better shot.
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Im moving back to the tri-state or to Syracuse by the end of the summer (waiting on some shiz) Im really rooting for tri-state so I can get to Yanks and Devs games, but I'll definitely be hitting up the Red Bulls.

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

I have a feeling that when TH14 signs there may not be tickets left.

A lot of French ex-pats in the area.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

I have a feeling that when TH14 signs there may not be tickets left.

A lot of French ex-pats in the area.

Looks like it's official.

http://espn.go.com/s...-york-red-bulls

Looks like I finally have the desire to watch soccer. Any tips for those who have gone to the new stadium? Preferable sections to sit in, places to go before and after, etc. It looks like I'll probably be trying to get tickets for the 8/28 game against San Jose. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#51 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

Looks like it's official.

http://espn.go.com/s...-york-red-bulls

Looks like I finally have the desire to watch soccer. Any tips for those who have gone to the new stadium? Preferable sections to sit in, places to go before and after, etc. It looks like I'll probably be trying to get tickets for the 8/28 game against San Jose. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Stand in section 101 with the supporters, they sing and have the most fun in the stadium. Check out El Pastors right on market street as well. Great local food for a decent price.

Also it is official...

http://www.newyorkre...r-thierry-henry

#52 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Stand in section 101 with the supporters, they sing and have the most fun in the stadium. Check out El Pastors right on market street as well. Great local food for a decent price.

Also it is official...

http://www.newyorkre...r-thierry-henry

Thanks for the tips. The website labels the supporters section as "standing and singing." Is it standing room only? Depending on whether or not my folks or my girlfriend's folks tag along, actual seats may be necessary.
Posted Image

#53 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Preferable sections to sit in

Sorry I didn't see that before I posted, I haven't actually sat in any other section then standing in 101 but what I've heard from other people is that almost anything downstairs is a good seat. I haven't talked to anyone who has sat upstairs but I'm sure the view is great as well.

Thanks for the tips. The website labels the supporters section as "standing and singing." Is it standing room only? Depending on whether or not my folks or my girlfriend's folks tag along, actual seats may be necessary.

There are seats but everyone stands, if you need actual seats then it's not the place to sit. I'd give any other normal section in the stadium a try, it should be a great view.

#54 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Sorry I didn't see that before I posted, I haven't actually sat in any other section then standing in 101 but what I've heard from other people is that almost anything downstairs is a good seat. I haven't talked to anyone who has sat upstairs but I'm sure the view is great as well.

There are seats but everyone stands, if you need actual seats then it's not the place to sit. I'd give any other normal section in the stadium a try, it should be a great view.

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it!
Posted Image

#55 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

Going to make his debut July 22. That's the game I'm going to.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

I've sat upstairs 3 times, the view is good, no complaints. The venue is fantastic & it holds sound very well to the point where even a smaller weeknight crowd sounds loud.

I have not attempted to explore the Harrison area yet. Once I walked from Newark Penn Station (15 min), and the other times I parked in Newark and took the Path.

Personally have never been a huge fan on Henry, but now that he is here will hope for the best. If nothing else I think its a better fit for the league than the original DP.

#57 Uli Hiemer

Uli Hiemer

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

You will enjoy watching Henry play. He is world class player.

#58 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

Just got back from RedBull-Tottenham game. My first pro soccer game. Overall a fun night, and a very entertaining game. The stadium was overall very nice (but the Rock is better :evil: ) The crowd went crazy when Henry scored. Too bad they ended up losing 2-1.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Just got back from RedBull-Tottenham game. My first pro soccer game. Overall a fun night, and a very entertaining game. The stadium was overall very nice (but the Rock is better :evil: ) The crowd went crazy when Henry scored. Too bad they ended up losing 2-1.

Just a note, that was our backup keeper in the 2nd half and he made mistakes on both of those goals. Awesome that you enjoyed the game, hopefully these people who are going to games to check it out for the first time keep coming back.

#60 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Just a note, that was our backup keeper in the 2nd half and he made mistakes on both of those goals. Awesome that you enjoyed the game, hopefully these people who are going to games to check it out for the first time keep coming back.

Yea I noticed that they pulled Coundoul in the second half. (I've watched quite a few RedBull games on TV.)

A couple things I was disappointed with about the stadium. The parking lot that we parked in (seemed like the main lot) was a good hike away from the stadium. (If you guys know of somewhere closer, I would appreciate the info, should I go to another game.) The other is that the food was pretty bad, plus they had run out a few things by time I got there. I'm hoping that those are just first-year bugs, that they fix sooner rather than later.

Other than that, It was great. The atmosphere was awesome, despite the fact that I was practically sitting in Hotspur central. I would definitely go back.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users