#81 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

Is Henri still hurt?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#82 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Not sure they even need him - hes sort of the 'gravy' on the mashed potatoes..
I watched the west coast game la vs sounders ... think la will go thru to the finals.
what does everyone think of the cosmos returning? 2 franchises in the same area, considering the red bulls/metros sucked for most of their existence..
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#83 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

I think bringing the Cosmos brand back makes a lot of sense, but as someone who remebers going to Cosmos games before there were Devils, I'm unhappy the team would likely play in Queens.

I can't say I love the Red Bull name, but they've done a great job with the arena and product where they have my loyalty (even moreso since RBA opened)

#84 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

I really like the RBA, but is the Cosmos in Queens a hypothetical or is this seriously being discussed by MLS?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#85 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Here is the link:

http://www.soccerbyi...a-comeback.html

I've seen the viral Cosmos marketing around the city, sounds like the intention and/or hope is to have a stadium near Citi Field.

Edited by mxm262, 03 November 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#86 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

There will never be a soccer stadium built in New York with tax payers money, it has a cold chance in hell of getting approved so if they want to build something it's going to have to come out of their own pockets.

I'll be at the game tonight. LETS GO RED BULLS!

#87 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

The Red Bulls have OWNED this game and yet they're down 2-0, 2-1 aggregate. Ugh. Unbelievable.

EDIT: JUAN PABLO! 2-2.

Edit 2: And now San Jose is back up. W...T...F.

Edited by nmigliore, 04 November 2010 - 09:03 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#88 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

The Red Bulls have OWNED this game and yet they're down 2-0, 2-1 aggregate. Ugh. Unbelievable.

EDIT: JUAN PABLO! 2-2.

Edit 2: And now San Jose is back up. W...T...F.

:rant:

#89 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:51 PM

Brutal...............I was shocked the MLS doesn't go with the away goal formula.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#90 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

I'm simply devastated. This was a complete embarrassment. I have no words to describe my angry right now.

#91 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

red bulls pay dearly for one of soccer's biggest sins .. letting a goal right after you scored one.

henry had the equalizer on his head too .. it was fubar .. I dont like the chemistry on the team but sports success is sometimes achieved w/o it.

Im hoping donovan wins it for la but i feel bad for the seattle supporters.. they are HUGE
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#92 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

Wasn't Henri brought here specifially for that finish off of a simply glorious chance INSIDE THE 6?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#93 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

I'm still baffled by what took so long for the subs? I've never seen a team use all three subs at once and inside the last five minutes. Very disappointing.

#94 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

am still heartbroken. I swear, you think I'd be used to this by now right? NO.. I know I know, it's MLS why feel this passionate about a team in MLS, WRONG! I love this team to no end. It is my first love. I legit shead tears while watching the final whistle blew. My friends had to actually pull me away from 101 to tell me to lets go home. I hate to lose. It was a thing I loved to do when I was a little kid when the league started, going to MetroStars games with my dad, and family. I'm gonna be 20 years old, and actually say that no girlfriend I have had, gets the same love I have for this team. I get mad, and pissed and say stupid sh!t when we lose, and I am happy and the team can do no wrong when we win. Other than a Jets superbowl, there is nothing I want more than to see Metro win a fvcking MLS cup. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan of this team, or if you go to games or not, when I see you in 101, I consider you a part of "the family." I love being in 101, and love that we (SOUTHWARD) are the best supporters in the fvcking league and always have been. I loved being in 101 as a fvcking 5 year old with my dad at the top and see the passion.

I actually (for the first time) thought and saw that this year was and could be there year. It sucks that we weren't up to snuff to win the series. We did the "hard part," by winning in SJ. We couldnt do the "easy part" at home in our fortress. There is a lot to look foward to next season. Henry and Rafa will be here from the beginning, and Backe will be used to the league. It is possible we will win a cup soon. I pray and hope he is right.

I still feel gutted and will for a while, but as I've been acustomed to say over the past 15 years, "wait till next year, or there is always next year." THANK YOU METRO. Yes, thank you for the best season we've had. Thank you, and I love you! (Yea I said it.)
Posted Image Posted Image

#95 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm still baffled by what took so long for the subs? I've never seen a team use all three subs at once and inside the last five minutes. Very disappointing.

It's been an ongoing issue for most of the season. Backe doesn't like to use his subs until late in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users