242 replies to this topic

#121 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:53 PM

[quote name='CRASHER' date='Jul 29 2003, 04:47 PM']Derek was just eating the bad SI food again I see :D

Hey! You sure diss the Island a lot :P . I know, I know. There's not much out here. And I have to decide now where to go for food. Man, everything good is on the other side of the Island. And they wonder what's wrong and why my family wants to leave :huh: ?

BTW... sidenote for ya. Brooklyn may not be the best area but there are different parts and you can find a lot more to do. P.S. Brooklyn Heights is one of the nicest areas to go period. They got great places to eat and other places as well for stuff. Plus it's just a nice place.

Just thought I'd mention that :D .

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#122 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:56 PM

[quote name='Derek21' date='Jul 29 2003, 01:53 PM'][quote name='CRASHER' date='Jul 29 2003, 04:47 PM']Derek was just eating the bad SI food again I see :D

Hey! You sure diss the Island a lot :P . I know, I know. There's not much out here. And I have to decide now where to go for food. Man, everything good is on the other side of the Island. And they wonder what's wrong and why my family wants to leave :huh: ?

BTW... sidenote for ya. Brooklyn may not be the best area but there are different parts and you can find a lot more to do. P.S. Brooklyn Heights is one of the nicest areas to go period. They got great places to eat and other places as well for stuff. Plus it's just a nice place.

[/quote]
I was born in Brooklyn... :clap:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#123 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

People misunderstand Brooklyn a lot.

With that said, New Jersey is the most misunderstood state in the nation.

There are some similarities in misunderstandings. People think Brooklyn and New Jersey are unsafe, unclean, and the like.

Nothing could be further from the truth!

#124 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,941 posts

I do most of my work in NJ.. most of my free time is spent in NJ.. taxes are
less..gas is less.. my only reason to really like Staten island is that I get
metro there :D

I think between SI wearing out it's welcome to me.. Hooters closing down
and even the cool arcades at Sand Lane stink now.. and being down the
block from the Arthur Kill post 9-11 (NOT fun).. I kinda had my fill of the
city's bastard borough... and 90% of my stuff is in NJ now too :D

ok now I'm getting kicked out.. gotta go *l*
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#125 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image It comes in purple, too!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#126 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:16 PM

I hear a tree grows there too..... :blink:

:ph34r: runs away from bad joke :ph34r:
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

#127 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:17 PM

I hear a tree grows there too..... :blink:

:ph34r: runs away from bad joke :ph34r:

:blink: :( :evilcry:

#128 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:18 PM

:blink: :( :evilcry:

HEY I said it was a BAD JOKE :P

#129 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

:blink:   :(   :evilcry:

HEY I said it was a BAD JOKE :P

Excuse me while I look for that tree in Brooklyn to sit under and cry. ;)

#130 littleton_devil

littleton_devil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:52 PM

... and they announce they are finally retiring Cam Neely's #....

Who, the Avs?
'In einer welt der kompromisse, gibt es noch maenner, die keine machen' ~ Herr Heckler & Herr Koch

#131 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:53 PM

[quote name='westcoastdevfan' date='Jul 29 2003, 04:19 PM'][quote name='twisted elegance' date='Jul 29 2003, 02:18 PM'][quote name='westcoastdevfan' date='Jul 29 2003, 04:17 PM']
:blink:

#132 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:57 PM

There are around 350,000 trees in Brooklyn.

If New York split up, Brooklyn would be the third largest city in the United States.

#133 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:08 PM

Roy and Bourque are 2 of the best ever....I didn't see anything wrong with them, please give me some examples....

Not even gonna read to the end of the thread to post...FRIG BOURQUE and his self centered egotism and lack of respect for the BRUINS, who game him all the respect and more that one athlete can ask for...I want to play to win the Cup so tata Bruins...then the friggin BRUINS are dumb enough to welcome him back with the CUP>???? WTF are they smoking? The AVS retire his number???? WTF dew ya give players who actually stay 5 years before being TRADED instead of shoving their butss in your face??????? Guess will find out at the end of the Temuu/Paul kissing contest eh :o Friggin numbskulls...BOTH ORGS :angry:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#134 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:13 PM

Bruins fans can stay bitter for all I care, they should be mad at thier GM at the time, not Ray....when it came time for him to resign with Boston, he signed a contract past his free agency eligibility, and for ALOT less than he could have received for becoming a FA, JUST to stay in Boston because management told him they'd build a winning team around him with the money they saved from signing him....so when he realized they weren't keeping up their end of the bargain, he decided to realize his dream....

Brodeur will follow in Roy's footsteps as the next best thing, but Roy did play better after most mistakes....thats why he is one of the best of all-time....

But in both cases, I hated uselESPN's coverage of the Finals, and anything doing with the Avalanche that they broadcast....I watched the games on CenterIce til they were only exclusively on uselESPN, I wish they'd show the Canadien broadcasts of the Finals, they do such a better job....

BS about RayRay OK...he left to win a cup plain and simple...he never learned there is no I in TEAM...as for Brodeur...follow????? Are you kidding me??? Martin will supercede all that Roy did and make people forget Roy ever existed...Marty plays like steel after a boo boo...ESPN sucks but hey there are lots of things in this world that suck...the Devils aren't one of em tho :uni:
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#135 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:17 PM

Sammy...weren't we the bad guys for calling out SBT on his AVs crap...we knew what he was from the get go...well I did but I am the oldster here ;)

Man I wish I could find the thread where he posted that his favorite team in the east was the Devs...will keep the search goin :blink:
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#136 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:18 PM

:clap: Dew has cracked into the thread!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#137 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:22 PM

Hey RD...been feeling a bit off today...slept most of the day...figured I would mosey onto the forum whilst I try to wake up :uni:
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#138 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:27 PM

Dew rocks!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#139 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:49 PM

One thing I noticed in the early posts the comments about the sig/avatar...he never actually said he put Devils stuff in his sig/avatar on the Avs site. Someone asked him whether he did, and he said an answer isn't neccesary something like that.

Just a clarification. He didn't exactly lie about that he just never told us the truth :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#140 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:39 PM

I haven't been around lately and I am taking a break from the board. Too busy lately (mostly getting autographs from nobodies like Bobby Hull and Jose Reyes, lol) Just thought I'd give my thoughts on this.

If you are a Avs fan, be a friggin Avs fan. You can follow another team but I see that it's hard to be a fan of more than one team if you actually care about one of the teams you like. If you swear you like all of those teams, you're just looking for backups for when your number 1 team fails.

SBT had no right to even negatively think about this board, forget about posting about it.

As far as Dr. Death? Who knows who he/she is. A Wild fan loving an Av fan? There's something wrong with that. When I was still talking to DD, I told him/her to cut it with the SBT sh!t. That's not being fond of someone, that's stalking.

I know they will read this and I am glad they will. Considering when I first came to the board, I probably talked to him the most, this kind of pisses me off a little more.

And damn right I'm a friggin good kid, lol. I'm done with the El Chico sh!t too, I'll think of something else by the time I come back.

Approximate date of return: Give me a week to chill

(Have to go to the Machester United game, AC Milan game, and even a Mets game, lol, I'm busy)
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users