• This topic is locked This topic is locked
242 replies to this topic

#161 Renegade LGA

Renegade LGA

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:12 PM

For the most part I think whoever WINS the cup deserves to win it. The Avs winning didn't bother me so much as the Devils losing. If they Avs win this year I'll think it's lame. Buying a team is lame. A bought team is not worth rooting for in my book...not that there's anything wrong with anyone else doing so... I'd think it was cool if teh Devils became ALL-STAR and won teh cup...but you can't get attached to mercenary players -- they're guns for hire...and that doesn't make for long term enjoyment -- then you love a sweater and a rink is all...that's sad.

I'm happy a great defenseman finally got his name on the cup -- but I also thought it was kind of pathetic -- blame Boston Blame Bourke -- it still doesn't change the fact that I pitied him hoisting it. And teh Avs retiring his number ... well it's in keeping with the whole buying a team line of thought --- nahhh - it's bullsh!t plain and simple that's turn hangin from your rafters even i can't polish my Avalanche fan friend...

:rolleyes: Yeah, right.

The Avalanche have a lower payroll than last year.

Did you feel that way when Detroit bought the '02 cup, or just now?

#162 PatrickRoy33

PatrickRoy33

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:16 PM

For the most part I think whoever WINS the cup deserves to win it.  The Avs winning didn't bother me so much as the Devils losing.  If they Avs win this year I'll think it's lame.  Buying a team is lame.  A bought team is not worth rooting for in my book...not that there's anything wrong with anyone else doing so... I'd think it was cool if teh Devils became ALL-STAR and won teh cup...but you can't get attached to mercenary players -- they're guns for hire...and that doesn't make for long term enjoyment -- then you love a sweater and a rink is all...that's sad.

I'm happy a great defenseman finally got his name on the cup -- but I also thought it was kind of pathetic -- blame Boston Blame Bourke -- it still doesn't change the fact that I pitied him hoisting it.  And teh Avs retiring his number ... well it's in keeping with the whole buying a team line of thought ---  nahhh - it's bullsh!t plain and simple that's a turd hangin from your rafters that even i can't polish my Avalanche fan friend...

BTW, when did the Avalanche BUY a CUP???? Making trades and re-signing players for their market value isn't buying a Cup....

SAD???? You guys have a team that rarely sells out during the regular season and almost moved to Nashville a few years ago....

#163 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:17 PM

F loyalty?  You're a joke of a hockey fan.  Go watch baseball.

Your argument was good to respond to, right up until you slipped on that Pamper and made that comment....stop being bitter because of some other teams success....

This is sheeps way of debating......personal attacks that hinder her arguments.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#164 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:19 PM

This thread took a turn for the worse... :wacko:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#165 PatrickRoy33

PatrickRoy33

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

Your argument was good to respond to, right up until you slipped on that Pamper and made that comment....stop being bitter because of some other teams success....

You mean debaaaaating?

#166 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

I've NEVER once spoken for Bruins fans....

Dew, backoff, don't speak on what you know nothing of....any disgruntled fan from another team thinks thats what happened, softens the blow from having to hear what a great team it was all the time....just because the Bruins are dedicated to losing doesn't mean Ray had to be, F*CK LOYALTY, especially when the Bruins broke their loyalty to Ray first....

sounded to me like you were.

Never disputed that, but there was no way he was trading Ray to a confrence rival.

That's BS, never stopped Harry from trading Wesley to one of our Biggest rivals, the Whalers, or Oates to Washington, Harry sent the players where he could get the best deal.

The B's broke their loyalty to Ray, when he was re-signed, and he agreed to a contract that would keep him with the B's, PAST his eligibility for free agency, on Harrys word that they'd make a drive for the Cup.  Ray asked for the trade because the Bruins have gone nowhere, and he saw they had no dedication to winning.

Hmm, when was this that Harry said they'd make a drive for the cup.. Last time I heard those words out of Harry's mouth it was like 1979 when Ray started. Ray knew, as did every player who's played here in the past 15 years, as did the fans, that the organization was NOT interested in winning a cup. Ray has repeatedly said that in 90 they were missing one key ingredient, and always were, and that the B's management was too damned cheap to get it. Jacobs does not care about winning a cup, only selling hope, and the only reason he even slightly invested in this team back then was to convince the city to help fund the Fleet center. So, no offense here, but you're talking out your arse on this one. Ray had many opportunities to leave, he chose to stay, and then tried to play the lack of dedication card.

As I mentioned before he was UNDER CONTRACT to the Bruins during that time period.  I know exactly how the Bruins fans must feel....but don't think for a SECOND, that he wouldn't do it again.  He didn't turn his back on you the fans, he turned it on the Bruins who didn't live up to their promise.  I'm sure he isn't having a hard time coping with his win with the Avalanche....when he looks at that ring, he'll remember that an entire team kept a promise to him in one season, that an entire franchise couldn't even give him a sniff of in the recent 10 years of his career in Boston....

You know how we feel? Really? Highly doubtful. And don't think that Ray doesn't feel empty about his ring, because he's said repeatedly to the media here that although he is happy he won, he would have RATHER DONE IT AS A BRUIN, and that is his only regret.

It was one of the rarest circumstances in NHL history....and should be remembered that way....

No, it was a slap in the face to Bruins management, and a mockery to the NHL.

That I have to disagree with you on, just like the Devils beat the Ducks this past season, thats the same way it was for the Avalanche, Roy showed up for those last 2 games, and made a statement....the best team MIGHT not have won, thats debatable, but the most dominant money player showed up when the chips were down and the house was on the line....

I will agree to disagree with you on this.
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

#167 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:21 PM

You mean debaaaaating?

Now, that's clever!
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#168 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:23 PM

don't bite, sheepy!

Jimmy go taunt someone in the holding tank! :P You are sooo lucky I have a soft spot for the law! :unsure: I'm not sure what that means but it sounds good, don't it?

I'm here for the party

#169 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:23 PM

This thread took a turn for the worse... :wacko:

Now now, don't be a killjoy and alert the authorities. Let them play and have their healthy debates. ;)
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#170 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

I don't think any team buys a championship. Every title team will have some core guys they built it around. Go ahead and look at the rosters of these teams. You usually have some drafted guys or even guys you got through compensation (Stevens) that turned your team into a powerhouse. Without Stevens, the Devils may never have won those Cups. Scott Stevens is the guy who each Cup was built around. Defense. But Stevens has to be considered a Devil first. He's been there a long time and he's done so much to make them a great franchise. This example can be made with the '94 Rangers and for most of the 90's, they dominated the regular season. But without Messier, they wouldn't have won their Cup and been as strong for that 6-7 year period.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#171 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:29 PM

You are sooo lucky I have a soft spot for the law!   :unsure:  I'm not sure what that means but it sounds good, don't it?

It means you are a good right winger.....and we were instant friends when we met!!

Thanks to 'The Lurker'
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#172 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:32 PM

well, I always enjoy a healthy debate, but I'm really sick of having to set the Bourque Saga straight.

People who were Devs fans experienced the opposite of Bruins fans:

the Devs were once called a "mickey mouse" organization and were at one point a laughingstock. Now, they are one of the most competitive, fiscally responsible teams in the NHL, who have one 3 stanley cups in 9 years. They are a dynasty.

The Bruins, on the other hand, were a once great team, fueled by a long history and players like Orr, Bucyk, Espo, Shore...

Now, they are a mockery of an original Six team, more so than the Rangers, with poor drafts, inadequate player development, and even more dispicable FA signings (anyone seen Andrei "the Empty Tank" Kovalenko or Paul Coffey around lately?), including Jacobs ordering O'connell to outbid any team for the services of one Martin LaPointe, just to piss off Mike Illitch. (if you want the history on that, a few years ago, Illitch confronted Jacobs and told him he was a disgrace to the league, and a cheap SOB)
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

#173 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:46 PM

You are sooo lucky I have a soft spot for the law!   :unsure:  I'm not sure what that means but it sounds good, don't it?

It means you are a good right winger.....and we were instant friends when we met!!

Thanks to 'The Lurker'

Thanks for the diss, Leeds!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#174 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:07 PM

(Have to go to the Machester United game, AC Milan game, and even a Mets game, lol, I'm busy)

Chico I want a detailed summary of the Man U game....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#175 PatrickRoy33

PatrickRoy33

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:36 PM

sounded to me like you were.

I said ANY disgruntled fan, never singled out B's fans.

That's BS, never stopped Harry from trading Wesley to one of our Biggest rivals, the Whalers, or Oates to Washington, Harry sent the players where he could get the best deal.

They're no where near the player or fan favorite Ray was....

You know how we feel? Really? Highly doubtful. And don't think that Ray doesn't feel empty about his ring, because he's said repeatedly to the media here that although he is happy he won, he would have RATHER DONE IT AS A BRUIN, and that is his only regret.

He might have RATHER done it as a BRUIN, but he still apprciates it all the more just having it....

Hmm, when was this that Harry said they'd make a drive for the cup.. Last time I heard those words out of Harry's mouth it was like 1979 when Ray started.  Ray knew, as did every player whose played here in the past 15 years, as did the fans, that the organization was NOT interested in winning a cup. Ray has repeatedly said that in 90 they were missing one key ingredient, and always were, and that the B's management was too damned cheap to get it.  Jacobs does not care about winning a cup, only selling hope, and the only reason he even slightly invested in this team back then was to convince the city to help fund the Fleet center.  So, no offense here, but you're talking out your arse on this one. Ray had many opportunities to leave, he chose to stay, and then tried to play the lack of dedication card.

It all happened when he signed Ray for 6 years at age 28 or 29 I believe it was....you don't have to tell me the Bruins management sucks, the whole NHL already has seen it....

No, it was a slap in the face to Bruins management, and a mockery to the NHL.

The Bruins slapped Ray in the face, you expected something less?

I will agree to disagree with you on this.

Of course you will, your a bitter disgruntled Devils fan....your team got beat that year, you have NO EXCUSES....PATRICK ROY let in 1 goal combined in games 6 and 7, he GAVE the Devils a chance to win it, but they choked in game 6 and didn't show up for game 7....

#176 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:37 PM

Isn't twisted a Boston fan first and foremost?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#177 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:51 PM

Isn't twisted a Boston fan first and foremost?

Indeed she is. She even said has lived and breathed the Bruins since she was a youth.

#178 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:52 PM

*points out that at least twisted has the decency of admitting that, as compared to another poster* :lol: Ahhhh!!!!!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#179 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:59 PM

*points out that at least twisted has the decency of admitting that, as compared to another poster* :lol: Ahhhh!!!!!

Hehe, does that keep this thread on topic? :D

#180 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:43 AM

Leeds, you know that was the first attack I have made in a long time. It is far from my style. I would invite you to prove me wrong on this one.

The difference between my attacks and your attacks is that I back up my statements. I justified what I said before that "attack" well. But you singled that small line out from the rest. Great.

Meanwhile, you attack in your signature, a new attack every month. There's no back up. You attack in posts and expect everyone to agree with you. When someone asks you to back it up, you say nothing. When someone disagrees, you call them an idiot. And when someone uses facts to prove you are wrong, you don't even care to respond.

I wouldn't call what I said to PatrickRoy33 much of an attack, especially when it was responding to "F*CK LOYALTY," a disgraceful thing for a hockey fan to say. Here's an attack. You like to see what you want to see and ignore everything else. It goes for everything you post here, whether it's sports or politics. You deem everything you agree with as truth and deem anybody that disagrees, even if they substantiate their opinion, idiots. You're close-minded about everything.

You want an attack? Half of your posts are attacks. At least the few I make are backed up with facts and opinions. Please prove me wrong and post a couple of the attacks I have made... I've backed up my arguments and refrain from personal attacks... you attack without any back-up... you're a hypocrite, just open your mind up for ten seconds, realize you're not God, and deal with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users