#41 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

yeah i think the only way to get it on the Incredible is hax

Nope. You can get it..it was in beta for a while...just search around.

http://www.knowyourm...d_for_free.html

I absolutely love my DInc. Phone is absolutely perfect. Once you tweek your settings right you can get a good 20+ hour charge from the battery.

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

Nope. You can get it..it was in beta for a while...just search around.

http://www.knowyourm...d_for_free.html

I absolutely love my DInc. Phone is absolutely perfect. Once you tweek your settings right you can get a good 20+ hour charge from the battery.

True, the one setting that helped the most was force stopping the calendar in the running services part under applications in settings. Now I get about 20-25 hours from a single charge under normal data/voice/texting use.

#43 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

True, the one setting that helped the most was force stopping the calendar in the running services part under applications in settings. Now I get about 20-25 hours from a single charge under normal data/voice/texting use.

For me it was the auto sync on Facebook, weather, gmail, twitter, etc.

When the app checks for updates every 5 minutes even when its sleeping you're gonna destroy your battery. That and lowering the brightness to ~30%

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:48 AM

For me it was the auto sync on Facebook, weather, gmail, twitter, etc.

When the app checks for updates every 5 minutes even when its sleeping you're gonna destroy your battery. That and lowering the brightness to ~30%

Yeah turned off FB, Twitter ( I do not even have that dumb service anyways), and a bunch of other stuff. The only thing I have running is Gmail and the message service that lets me have texting.

#45 OurMarty'sBetter

OurMarty'sBetter

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

i got mine last week. absolutely love it. make sure you get advanced app killer. and use it after using a bunch of apps. It will drain your battery pretty fast. its just mind bottling what technology is getting to now-a-days. you'll love it
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. Wayne Gretzky

The celebration starts! The New Jersey Devils for the third time in their history, have won the Stanley Cup. The Devils 3, the Ducks 0. Devils, Stanley Cup Champions!

Well if you aren't having fun you should slow down.. If you aren't breathing then you should get help..
But if you're alive and having fun I recommend you pop open another cold one- Colin
Posted Image

#46 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I found a pretty nifty trick... well not a trick as you are not tricking it to do anything but set your advanced task killer security to low which will show everything running and kill it all. Then press the home icon on the lower left of the phone. It will reboot back to minimum apps necessary while restoring memory and killing the apps you can't see also running, kinda like rebooting a computer. Saves a buttload of battery. I don't think powering the phone off then on accomplishes this either.

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Another trick that added literally HOURS to my battery life was to simply stop the calendar from running in the background.

Go to settings, then applications, then running services to see your list of the apps that are on in the background. Force stop the calendar (should be listed as obex something) and that should take care of it. If you turn off your phone or restart it, be sure to go back into the menu to stop it again as it will always start running when you reboot.

#48 KidRobot

KidRobot

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

This phone rules so hard.

I can't imagine going back to my old enV (original...by the way) after using this for a month now. Daily I think to myself, wow this phone is smart.

#49 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

This phone rules so hard.

I can't imagine going back to my old enV (original...by the way) after using this for a month now. Daily I think to myself, wow this phone is smart.

I am amazed at how customizable this thing is as well as the amount of free, really useful apps available on the droid market. I never have a problem with verizons service, its fast, its reliable, and I mean its like having a little pocket PC. I can do everything on it I can on my PC but play really high end games. It's useful in all situations. If you can afford the contract and the phone I would suggest getting it.

#50 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Put Advanced Task Killer on a homepage as a widget. Just press it and it kills a ton of apps each time. I do it a few times a day.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#51 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

I currently have the iPhone 4 and was thinking about switching to the droid incredible or droid x. AT&T will charge me $315 to cancel my contract and the phone will cost me 200 bucks. But I think I can sell the iPhone 4 for more than $515 so I was wondering how droid users felt about how the incredible and x compare to the iPhone. Thanks guys.
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

I currently have the iPhone 4 and was thinking about switching to the droid incredible or droid x. AT&T will charge me $315 to cancel my contract and the phone will cost me 200 bucks. But I think I can sell the iPhone 4 for more than $515 so I was wondering how droid users felt about how the incredible and x compare to the iPhone. Thanks guys.

its incredible.

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#53 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

its incredible.

Thanks for that. I was looking for something more technical and maybe some insight. If anyone could share with me their experience than that'd be great.

#54 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Go to a verizon store and try them out.

I like the incredible since it runs the Sense UI which is a little nicer than the default one on the Droid X. The Droid X has a huge screen, almost a little too big for your pocket probably. Android will lead in market share in the coming years and apps will become standard on that platform. Also, you get free google nav with any android device which is win. REAL multitasking is also win as long as you are intelligent enough to be able to manage them since it will drain your battery.

Also, you get verizon's network which is better.

Edited by mrthemike, 09 August 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#55 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

I played with the Droid2 today, it is much better than the original. The buttons on the keyboard are actually useful this time and the GUI is very snappy. I think this might be the droid I was looking for.

#56 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

I played with the Droid2 today, it is much better than the original. The buttons on the keyboard are actually useful this time and the GUI is very snappy. I think this might be the droid I was looking for.

haha....I see what you did there...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#57 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

It's small though :giggle: the X is much bigger haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users