584 replies to this topic

#581 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Apparently, that initial report was incorrect.

May 1, 2014

Official: Tailgating Ban At PNC Bank Arts Center Doesn’t Apply To Concerts

NEW JERSEY (CBSNewYork) — New rules are being put in place for the parking lot at PNC Bankicon1.png Arts Center and at least one report said the rules included a ban on tailgating for summer concert season.

Town officials, however, say it isn’t so.

As WCBS 880′s Marla Diamond reported, the headlines may have had some concertgoers crying in their beer, but as Homdel’s Administrator Donna Vieira explained, “this ordinance has nothing to do with tailgating.”

http://newyork.cbslo...ly-to-concerts/

#582 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

The Arts Center is quite possibly the worst venue in the entire Tr-State area to see a concert at.  I refuse to go see any act there and will actually pay more and travel further to see a group perform at a different venue than at the Arts Center.

#583 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

The Arts Center is quite possibly the worst venue in the entire Tr-State area to see a concert at.  I refuse to go see any act there and will actually pay more and travel further to see a group perform at a different venue than at the Arts Center.

really? i dont mind it i like going there actually.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#584 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

really? i dont mind it i like going there actually.

It's a complete sh!thole since Live Nation bought it in the mid to late 90's.

Back when it was the Garden State Arts Center, it was a smaller facility and acted more like an outdoor version of NJPAC.  It worked well then.

However, when Live Nation bought it, they renovated it to expand the permanent seating beyond the edges of the roof (dumb as hell idea) and they built up the lawn area to make it a huge hill.  Here are my problems with it:

1) The lawn area isn't a lawn, it's dirt that is barely maintained and not given enough (rest) to regrow.  When it rains its a mud sh!thole and Live Nation sells way too many tickets for that area so it becomes overcrowded very easy.  Not only that but you have a good chunk of the entitled crowd where 4 people together spread out and take a space that could be occupied by 6 or 8

2) The parking lots suck.  Unless you go real early and get a spot near the front, you will instead be lead to one of the tertiary parking lots that are a good hike from the actual venue.  Not only that, but the entrance/exit setup sucks majorly and when the concert is over you hit major traffic, so always plan to stay after the concert for another hour

3) While Live Nation re-did the seating area, they didn't do much to expand the other facilities.  Therefore you are stuck with facilities that were meant for the smaller, NJPAC-style venue they had back 20 years ago and so lines to concessions and bathrooms always suck.

4) It's an outdoor venue.  I really dislike outdoor venues for concerts as you are always at the mercy of weather and the acoustics suck.  I guess if you want to act like a drunken or high fool then I guess it wouldn't matter as much but if I spend $150+ on tickets I better damn well hear the music well.

#585 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Many valid points there, DM84. I can't disagree with any of it. There are many other venues better than PNC Arts Center at which to see a show, generally speaking.

However, when it comes to summertime concerts, I mostly like going to PNC for two reasons: 1) the tailgating and 2) it's outdoors.

At least once a year for the past decade, a few friends and I have gotten tickets to shows at PNC. We get to the parking lot as early as time will allow, pop up a canopy, set up our camping chairs, listen to music, eat some food, enjoy a few brews, and shoot the sh!t. Then we head inside and enjoy the show -- usually an act we haven't seen in a while.

Many a good time has been had there.

But if they ever took away the tailgating, I probably wouldn't go anymore. That's half the fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users