588 replies to this topic

#81 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

How is Williamsburg Waterfront? I've never been there before.

I'd like to know too, since I'll be there in two days for Weezer.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#82 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Williamsburg Waterfront is a bit hellish. Its not at as bad as Festival Pier in Philly for a venue, but its a bit of a pain in the ass and security can be dickish.

#83 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Williamsburg Waterfront is a bit hellish. Its not at as bad as Festival Pier in Philly for a venue, but its a bit of a pain in the ass and security can be dickish.

Ah bummer. What about it is a pain in the ass?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#84 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

I was there about a week and a half ago. I thought it was OK. Had no problems, really.

I just wished the beer section wasn't roped off. And it would've been cooler if the stage had its back to the Manhattan skyline rather than the stage facing it, meaning the fans' backs are to the skyline.

But those are small complaints.

#85 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

I was there about a week and a half ago. I thought it was OK. Had no problems, really.

I just wished the beer section wasn't roped off. And it would've been cooler if the stage had its back to the Manhattan skyline rather than the stage facing it, meaning the fans' backs are to the skyline.

But those are small complaints.

I read that they changed it to that because of noise complaints. Makes sense, now the noise goes out over the water. Shame, it would make for an amazing view otherwise.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#86 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

I just saw a flier announcing a Muse concert at "The Rock" idon't recall the date but will be in october.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#87 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

I just saw a flier announcing a Muse concert at "The Rock" idon't recall the date but will be in october.

Yep October 24th.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#88 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

Anybody hitting up the Green Day concert in August? I'l be rockin my red to that one for sure!

#89 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

Anybody hitting up the Green Day concert in August? I'l be rockin my red to that one for sure!

I was going to go to that one, but probably not anymore now that Phoenix announced a show at the Garden in October.

(Green Day and Phoenix are playing at the same time at Lollapalooza and I really want to see both, see.)

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#90 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

I was at both shows in the area. Dream Theater totally kicked ass with their 50 minutes. Iron Maiden was great, although it seems many people complain about the setlist...(not enough as Bruce said, "fossils from 1984.")

My friends voted to miss Dream Theatre so we drank heavily and I missed their set.

I actually appreciated the set-list, BECAUSE they didn't play the hits. It actually introduced me to epic songs that I actually hadn't heard before (Dance of Death, Blood Brothers) and others that I have a new appreciation for (Wrathchild, These Colours don't run, Brave New World). OF course, Wicker Man, Fear of the Dark are classics in themselves, but unknown outside of Maiden fans.

Overall Maiden was great. Bruce just rules. Not sure if you remember this from Monday night:

http://nymag.com/dai...e_canada_m.html
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#91 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Not sure if you remember this from Monday night:

http://nymag.com/dai...e_canada_m.html

At PNC Bank Arts Center on Sunday, the fans also booed when he mentioned they were going to play at MSG the next night.

Posted Image

#92 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

I will see you there!
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#93 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

At PNC Bank Arts Center on Sunday, the fans also booed when he mentioned they were going to play at MSG the next night.

Posted Image

Fitting.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#94 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Going to see the Dead Weather at Prospect Park in early August and David Gray/Ray Lamontagne in Jones Beach on August 20th. Way more excited about seeing Jack White in concert though, can't wait for that.

#95 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

Maiden was great as usual.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#96 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

I'm sure no one really cares here, but Lady Gaga at the Garden last Wednesday was absolutely fantastic. That girl has an amazing voice and her sets were out of this world.

Oh and two Wednesdays ago, Andrew took me to see Dave Matthews Band. I may have given up some of my hatred for that guy but they can totally play. Haha. :(

Next show for us is Something Corporate in August and Possibly.... if my connections follow up The Great Allentown Fair for Weezer. Turns out at my new job, I work with Pat Wilson's (the drummer from Weezer) sister in law. I almost peed myself when she told me. :hail:

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#97 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

I saw a couple of shows at the quebec city summer festival:

Iron Maiden, Roger Hodgson, Santana, RUSH and Sunday Rammstein.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#98 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Oh and two Wednesdays ago, Andrew took me to see Dave Matthews Band. I may have given up some of my hatred for that guy but they can totally play. Haha. :(

Traitor! :P

#99 bpcdev

bpcdev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Went to FNM on the Williamsburg Waterfront, Iron Maiden @ MSG, and have the American Carnage Tour (Slayer/Megadeth/Testament) coming up @ IZOD on Aug 12th \m/

For any Devs fans who also happen to be hard rock/metal fans, check out our website/facebook page:

Horns Up Rocks

We'll be sponsoring a few smaller shows in the city this year, as well as having cool events/giveaways.

Edited by bpcdev, 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

#100 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

How is Williamsburg Waterfront? I've never been there before.

It used to look like this!

Posted Image
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users