584 replies to this topic

#121 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Terminal 5 is a sh!thole, terrible sound and a$$hole bouncers.

I'd rather see a show at Slient Barn any day

Posted Image
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#122 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

:giggle: Anybody see Tom Petty last night?

#123 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Terminal 5 is a sh!thole, terrible sound and a$$hole bouncers.

I'd rather see a show at Slient Barn any day

Posted Image

I saw The Specials at Terminal 5 a few months ago and I agree, its a crappy place to see a show. The only problem is they seem to have a lot of better artists playing there.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#124 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

I was at that gig as well, the band totally killed it and it was great to hear those songs after having them in my head for like 25 years, but I still hate Terminal 5.

I saw the Stooges there in 2008 before Ron Asheton passed and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, so at least the sh!tty venue doesn't take away from the acts playing.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
Aw, man.

#125 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

Speaking of The Specials, they are also playing Summer Stage in Central Park on August 22nd. Going to do my best to get there but I have a game at 3:30....curses...

By the way, has anybody been to the Knitting Factory since they moved to Brooklyn? Used to go to the old downtown location for the 3 floors of Ska shows they do on occasion, but haven't had a chance to get over there yet.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#126 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

I was at that gig as well, the band totally killed it and it was great to hear those songs after having them in my head for like 25 years, but I still hate Terminal 5.

I saw the Stooges there in 2008 before Ron Asheton passed and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, so at least the sh!tty venue doesn't take away from the acts playing.

The Specials are fantastic that night. As long as the acts are compelling the night will be great in spite of the venue.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#127 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Shot some photos @ The Flaming Lips Tuesday night.

Very fun show! I'd recommend seeing them if you haven't.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#128 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Nice photos. Couldn't get very much from my vantage point (second balcony) and equipment (...my blackberry). :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#129 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Speaking of The Specials, they are also playing Summer Stage in Central Park on August 22nd. Going to do my best to get there but I have a game at 3:30....curses...

By the way, has anybody been to the Knitting Factory since they moved to Brooklyn? Used to go to the old downtown location for the 3 floors of Ska shows they do on occasion, but haven't had a chance to get over there yet.

that show got canceled.

and the new BK Knitting Factory kind of sucks, doesn't have the hole in the wall charm of the old one.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
Aw, man.

#130 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

Dave Matthews Band killed Citi Field 7/17 and 7/17. (I think night 2 was better) Intense band jams....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#131 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

Concert Ticket Sales Struggling (New York Times)

For the concert business it has been a summer of hard sells and empty seats.

“How are we going to get people to buy tickets ahead of time next year when there’s so much deep discounting going on right now?” said Kevin Lyman, promoter of the Vans Warped Tour. “At the venues they’re hawking $10, $20 tickets, and you see the kids saying, ‘Wait, I paid $40 for that ticket.’ They’ve lost the trust of the fan.”

With record sales down by more than half over the last 10 years, artists have increasingly turned to touring for their income, leading many to tour too often, some say.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#132 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

October 10th:

get psyched.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
Aw, man.

#133 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

Man Primus was awesome Friday night. I hope to see them again sometime soon.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#134 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Saw Spiritualized Friday night at Radio City Music Hall. Barely knew the band, but they were pretty awesome. They played their album Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space in it's entirety, with a string section, horns, and choir. About 30 people on stage. Extremely loud, amazing light show. The kind of show you don't get to see very often, so it was totally worth it (well, would have been had I paid for the tickets - even better since I won them).

I don't know if it qualifies as a concert, but I saw the Kevin Smith Q&A last night in Red Bank. Hilarious stuff. It was recorded for a future possible DVD release and a special on a new cable channel (Epix?)

He talked a bit about Hit Somebody (the hockey movie he's doing in 2011/2012) and the Walter Gretzky hockey tournament, etc. It went on for about five hours, but the whole thing was just riotously hilarious.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#135 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

The Dead Weather was awesome in Brooklyn tonight. Took some time to get to the venue in Prospect Park but it was very worth it. Those guys really know how to put on a show. Jack White was amazing, as was Jack Lawrence, and they've got a hell of a singer in Alison Mosshart. What a show. Loud as hell, just the way I like it.

#136 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

Man Primus was awesome Friday night. I hope to see them again sometime soon.

You don't have to wait too long. They'll be at the Wellmont in Montclair on October 9th. Tickets go on sale today. The show in Brooklyn was spectacular.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#137 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

You don't have to wait too long. They'll be at the Wellmont in Montclair on October 9th. Tickets go on sale today. The show in Brooklyn was spectacular.

Awesome, though I can't see this one being as fun with all the seats in the way. :(
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#138 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Eminem/Jay-Z at Yankee Stadium Sept. 13 & 14....gonna be ridiculous.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#139 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Just bought tix to Mucky Pup with Murphy's Law at Mexicali Live in Teaneck Nov. 24. Pretty stoked about it.

#140 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

Awesome, though I can't see this one being as fun with all the seats in the way. :(

The floor is general admission standing. Only seats are in the balcony and even that's general admission first come first served seating. They only have seating for comedians for the most part.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users