584 replies to this topic

#141 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

The floor is general admission standing. Only seats are in the balcony and even that's general admission first come first served seating. They only have seating for comedians for the most part.

Oh awesome, I looked up the seating chart and didn't see any general admission floor, I guess they add seats when necessary. Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably be there.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#142 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

In an Old Navy waiting for day 2 of Lollapalooza. Day one was spectacular. Foxy Shazam was incredible, as were The Strokes, The Constellations, Semi Precious Weapons...Devo were fun and weird as they should be, fvck Buttons was a nice change of pace. Neon Trees were ok for what they were.

Can't remember who else I checked out during the day night now. Excited as hell for Gogol Bordelo this afternoon. Also, seeing a TON of Blackhawks shirts, and constantly getting sh!t for my Devils shirts, which I find odd since there's no real rivalry. Fun anyways.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#143 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:41 AM

Randomly went to a new Festival in the Uk called Hevy festival, and it was pretty cool, the main stage had glassjaw headlining the day i went and medina lake and a few other bands.

The second stage was headlined by Sepultura and had Napalm Death, Despised Icon, The Black Dahlia Murder, Devil sold his soul, Sylosis playing.

Fun was had by all!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#144 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

Anybody going to see Green Day tonight?

#145 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

I'm not but I saw them last week at Lollapalooza. Excellent set once you get past the first 8 or 9 songs, which are all from American Idiot and the other newer album.

Definitely worth seeinf if anyone's on the fence about it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#146 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Went to Volbeat last night at the Gramercy in NYC. I have such a stiff neck. It was so incredible.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#147 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Saw them 14th row...........very nice. I posted many videos I took with my flipvid on my facebook account.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#148 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

Lollapalooza was friggin spectacular and I'm pretty sure I'm at least trying to go again next year reglardless of who plays.

Bands I caught over the weekend:

Foxy Shazam
Balkan Beat Box
Devo
Semi-Precious Weapons
fvck Buttons
Neon Trees
The Black Keys
Jimmy Cliff
The Strokes

Skybox
Blues Traveler
Dan Black
Gogol Bordello
AFI
Deer Tick
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Green Day

The Ike Reilly Assassination
Hockey
Violent Soho
The Verve Pipe (...as a children's band)
MGMT
The National
Soundgarden

I can honestly say, while there were bands I liked more than others, the only band I was truly disappointed with was Soundgarden. I expected a much better show than they put on - I guess the lengthy layoff had something to do with it. They sounded like a band that hadn't played together in years.

Beyond them, there were some amazing shows (The National, The Strokes, Gogol Bordello, Balkan Beat Box, Foxy Shazam) and some great bands that I want to see more of in the coming year (Hockey, Skybox, Ike Reilly Assassination, fvck Buttons).

Also, we apparently left Devo for Semi-Precious Weapons a few minutes too late to catch a half-naked Lady Gaga crowdsurfing during the latter's Magnetic Baby. Damn.

#149 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

Saw them 14th row...........very nice. I posted many videos I took with my flipvid on my facebook account.

Damn that was awesome concert. If I had known it was going to be that good I would have gotten seats, instead of ending up 50 feet back on the grass and near one of the columns. Still had a fantastic time anyway. :D
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#150 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

Damn that was awesome concert. If I had known it was going to be that good I would have gotten seats, instead of ending up 50 feet back on the grass and near one of the columns. Still had a fantastic time anyway. :D

If I could figure out how to post a video here, I'd post one of mine.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#151 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

If I could figure out how to post a video here, I'd post one of mine.

I don't think you can load them directly here, but you could always upload it to YouTube and then link it here.

#152 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Currewntly at PNC Arts Center for STP. Never seen this place so empty before. One might call it a Big Empty.

#153 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Found out the other day about the "No sleep til..." tour.....woot....NOFX, MFATGG, Descendants etc all at one festival....very nice! Slightly less pleased about ticket price (AU$137) but nought can be done about that. Looking forward to it though.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#154 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

Found out the other day about the "No sleep til..." tour.....woot....NOFX, MFATGG, Descendants etc all at one festival....very nice! Slightly less pleased about ticket price (AU$137) but nought can be done about that. Looking forward to it though.

I wish I could see the Descendents again :angry:

#155 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

Just got tickets to the Hell on Earth Tour, headlined by Every Time I Die, cant wait.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#156 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

Miike Snow October 6th @ Terminal 5

Bloody Beetroots Oct 15th @ Webster

Deadmau5 Oct 30th @ Hammerstein (halloween weekend in NYC)
Posted Image

#157 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

Deadmau5 Oct 30th @ Hammerstein (halloween weekend in NYC)

Sonofabitch. I really wish that wasn't my friend's birthday or I'd so be there.

#158 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Phoenix - Ithaca, NY 10/17.

Also this weekend is "Juice Jam" at my school, guests:
Lupe Fiasco
Passion Pit
Super Mash Bros.

Not a bad lineup.

Edited by DevilNurn, 08 September 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#159 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Also this weekend is "Block Party" at my school, guests:
Lupe Fiasco
Passion Pit
Super Mash Bros.

Not a bad lineup.

I thought you meant "Bloc Party"

That sounds like a fun lineup....
Posted Image

#160 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

Also this weekend is "Block Party" at my school, guests:
Lupe Fiasco
Passion Pit
Super Mash Bros.

Not a bad lineup.

I hoping to see Phoenix three days later at MSG, but I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.

Also seeing The National at Wellmont Theater on 9/24. Just saw that deadmau5's show at Roseland is a three-day residency, so I might try to do one of the first two days as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users