Henrique Article

Patches O'Houlihan

It's nice to be hearing encouraging articles about our prospects again... there was a good run of years where this was not the case....hope for the future is always nice

i would think that the devils' best case scenario is 11-12 having zajac-joseffson-henrique as their 3 centers.

i think henrique is much more likely to pan out as a solid 3rd line center than joseffson is as a 2nd line center but we'll see.

it's really hard to project how 19 year olds in men's leagues are doing - so much relies on their ice time and linemates. it was rumored that josefson signed on for another year at djugardens, so once again we'll have no clue.

Right around the time training camp started, I went on record stating that I thought Henrique might actually make the Devils. I didn't have anything really to back it up. I just got the impression that he was on the "Zajac Trajectory." That is, straight from college/juniors to a contributing member of the big club, especially since the big club needed centers. He was part of the first round of cuts, thereby accurately reflecting my ability to predict the future. However, the season he had has caused me to think that my powers of prediction might not be *that* faulty, after all. I'm really hoping he makes an impression in camp much like Urbom made in September.

Henrique, FTW!! :evil:

i would think that the devils' best case scenario is 11-12 having zajac-joseffson-henrique as their 3 centers.

i think henrique is much more likely to pan out as a solid 3rd line center than joseffson is as a 2nd line center but we'll see.

If Josefson didnt make it as a second line center I would be very supprised.

I think he goes the same route as Zajac, they are similar players in style, and I think they were at about the same level at the same age.

Zajac put up 37 points in the NCAA at 19 , and JJ has just put up 20 points in the SEL at the same age, IMO the SEL is abov the NCAA in terms of skill and competition. If you take into account the adjustment to the smaller ice surface I think he is probably at the same level as Zajac at the same age.

Adam henrique with 2 goals and 1 assist in the first game of the memorial cup tournament (windsor wins 9-3 vs. brandon wheat kings)

Urbom is playing in the tourney, he somehow managed to be a +1 in the 9-3 hammering by Windsor, he was also a +2 in a 4-0 win over the wildcats.

Very rarely this season have i looked at a game sheet and seen him as a - player.