• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#81 pilotp

pilotp

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Did anyone pick up an extra equipment bag? I had to work, and by the time I got there most everything was gone...PM me if you do! Thanks

#82 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

I also got to ask Coach MacLean, "What did Kovy say when you called him up and told him how much you were looking forward to coaching him next season?" Posted Image It drew a laugh, so it was all good.

That was a good one. I happened to watching when you asked it.
Posted Image

#83 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Picked up a equip bag, bobble head set, martys book, and a nice fully taped pando stick. Wish i could have gotten a clarkson and a zajac stick, but nothing much was left by 10 o'clock
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#84 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

Also wanted to say thank you to mac760 and his wife for their help at the sale.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#85 adamcsu

adamcsu

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

How much were the equip bags?

#86 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

How much were the equip bags?

$20 bucks for the big ones

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#87 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

oh and they definitely didn't bring more sticks out as the day progressed. last1 and i were hanging around the sticks for a bit because he saw a guy run to the back -- we thought maybe he was going to get more sticks, but nothing. there were maybe 20 sticks left by the time i was done browsing, and that was at about 12:30pm.

i liked that they had the random action figures for a buck. i got two tony amonte figures. had a good chuckle at the random berard fishsticks figures. i almost wanted to buy one and black out one of his eyes but i figured it would have been a little mean so i decided against it haha.

they also had really sweet 95 heaven posters but they were 20 bucks -- little too expensive for my liking. the brodeur book was on sale as well for something like 10 bucks. not bad.

oh and jwomp -- the rats shirt i got was a youth size anyway, they only had really small shirts left for the most part for the calder cup. my buddy joy (gordie) got a sick a line tshirt haha.

they've had those action figures for years. did they still have like 100 Yashin's? :lol: it's amazing what kind of random crap they have.

#88 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

they've had those action figures for years. did they still have like 100 Yashin's? :lol: it's amazing what kind of random crap they have.

TONS of Yashin, Roenick, Yzerman, Amonte. It was amusing as hell. It's funny how much of that crap must get shoved away into storage, only to come out once a year for this thing.

I totally bought a Jeremy Roenick Picasso-style Coyotes jersey one. First Startling Lineup figure I've added to my Brodeur/Richer pair ever.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#89 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Do any of the game used experts now what was with the bunch of Rolston sticks with the cut shafts? I know he doesn't use a stick that short. I was thinking about getting one but i just didnt know what was up with that.
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#90 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Do any of the game used experts now what was with the bunch of Rolston sticks with the cut shafts? I know he doesn't use a stick that short. I was thinking about getting one but i just didnt know what was up with that.

He has a very unique, tapered butt end on his sticks that he removes when he's done with them, making the stick shorter.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#91 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

I'm kinda glad I missed this. Doesnt seem like there were any players there signing and I would have been peeved if there were slim pickings on the sticks by the time I got in.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

cant believe i missed out

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#93 langs15

langs15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

cant believe i missed out

unless you got the VIP tickets..you didnt miss out on that much equipment wise. Sticks..if you were looking for RH's it sucked.
"Langenbrunner is content to score big goals rather than put up big numbers."

#94 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

i love this sale but i never get anything i wanna get vip tickets cuz everythings always gone and i get so mad cuz i waste the gas and time for nothing hmm still looking to find the VIP tickets been looking for like 2 hours now

#95 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread back, we didn't have enough going on already!
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#96 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

I just find it hard to believe that we are in the start of June already, and they havent released the date. :angry:

How do they make you pay for this stuff? Are there people at the doors taking money or something? I want to be mentally prepared so I dont loose my sh!t at the stadium and cry and or soil myself.

Edited by Quinn01, 03 June 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#97 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

I just find it hard to believe that we are in the start of June already, and they havent released the date. :angry:

???

They did release the date. All of the details are up on the website today.

#98 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Alright, the draft party thread was all unorganized but I get it now. :doh1:

Edited by Quinn01, 03 June 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#99 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

So the equipment sale is also the Draft party?

Yes, just as the Devils website currently states.

#100 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

YEah june 24th is the big day haha im still trying to get VIP tickets its driving me crazy if anyone know please tell me haha im dying here or if i figure it out ill post up the link or whatever here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users