Photo

Would you sign...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you sign... (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Sign him?

1. yes (10 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

2. no (42 votes [80.77%])

Percentage of vote: 80.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

lol. we were top 10 on faceoffs in 2008-09. trolling does take some knowledge.

That was 1 season, and just looking at the other 4 seasons since the lockout we have been either just ok or in the bottom 10.

lol troll? You seem to call everyone who doesn't agree with you or remotely criticize the devils that on this board constantly. I bet you would look great on the Devils Dancers with all of your team spirit. Also that way you can hit people here with your purse instead of calling people trolls on here.

#22 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

Personally, (his total lack of playoff experience aside) I have always liked what he brings. He is a big center who pretty regularly put up ~70 points throughout most of his career, and on TERRIBLE teams ta'boot. Even looking at the guys last 2 years, he has put up over 50 points on two teams that have been within inches of finishing dead last in GF (IIRC Calgary was last and the Rangers we all know were TERRIBLE offensively *except Gabby*).

So to answer in short, yes, I would absolutely sign him for around 3-3.5 mil for a year or two. If for no other reason than the fact that any of the better options available to us are going to want far more money and for many more years. Getting Olli would give us an option that we could use for a few seasons to give Josefson some time to develop slower on the 3rd line and wouldn't prevent him from moving into the 2nd line spot in a year or two if he is ready. Having Plekanec would keep josefson on the 3rd line for many more seasons. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to have 3 good centers, but I would rather give our young guys that are cost controlled for a bunch more years the opportunity to cover our core positions so that we have the option to keep a guy like kovie or sign a big #1 defenseman if/when he becomes available to us.

... so yeah count me in the group of YES

#23 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

It is kind of his fault that the Devils are out of the Playoffs and that the Flyers are still in. Maybe the Flyers should sign him if they trade one of their big contracts. Maybe if he misses a key shootout in Game 82, it will be good luck for that team. But anycase my answer is a 100% NO.

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

i think jokinen will have a bounceback season, fwiw, but his reputation as a bad locker room guy and general laziness aren't a good fit for this team.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 manbearpig

manbearpig

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

i mean, if he wants a 1 year $750k deal, perhaps but even then i think it's just not the right mix.

I could book a "European Vacation" for about $745k less...

#26 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'm not sure if it is wise to make fun of the Rangers for that. The next week the Flyers killed us in the playoffs and made us the 1st team sent home in the playoffs.

Who made fun of the Rangers? I made fun of Jokie. And thanks for the history lesson. I was wondering how the Flyers got in. :angry:
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

no. I WANT WINNERS

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 09 June 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#28 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'd rather have ERic Belanger.

#29 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

no.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#30 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

I've heard from other teams fans and two former teammates that he is 'cancer in the locker room'. I'd say, "NO".
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#31 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

I don't like to curse but in this case: fvck NO!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#32 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

I've heard from other teams fans and two former teammates that he is 'cancer in the locker room'. I'd say, "NO".

'
This
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#33 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:21 AM

Unless its for a "no one will sign me I'll play for 500k a year Nieds/McAmmond" type deal, no thanks. I'de much rather see a prospect like McIntyre/Josefson/Henrique take the spot on second or third line, atleast they will try.

As for not having a good face off center since Holik, I think you forgot Nieuwendyk. Although im not sure what the Devils face-off stats were for the year + change we had him, he was, in my opinion, the second best face-off center off all time, behind Oates.
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#34 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

i will never forgive him for giving flyers this run.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#35 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

If it weren't for the whole "cancer in LR" thing, I'd say a 1 year team-favorable cost contract wouldn't be a bad thing. Someone under that kind of contract who wants big cash would be forced to behave and produce or he'd be forced elsewhere.

Plus, on paper he's better than anything we've trotted out as a 3rd line C this year...we've had games where our back two centers have been "Special" Nieds and Pelley, who are not really offensive forces.

I guess I'd say proceed with caution, and make whatever deal you offer him team-friendly.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#36 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

That Singletary clip is something else. I liked that.

#37 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

hell no. This guy is not to be relied upon. I couldn't believe when tortarella put him out in the 3rd spot in the shootout against the flyers in that playoff spot deciding game this year. He is not clutch. He is the exact opposite. If tortarella picks another guy there, Flyers maybe don't even get into the playoffs.

#38 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#39 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer