84 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

yeah this is an excellent move. st. louis will be stuck overpaying halak, meanwhile price will be just about as good as him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

How good are the guys Montreal got in return? (Hockey's Future is having trouble loading).
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#23 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

There's a reason Halak got the starting job over Price in the playoffs. He's just straight up better, and he proved his worth and i don't think this was a very smart move by the Habs. It would have been a better idea to move Price.
25smul5.png

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

How good are the guys Montreal got in return? (Hockey's Future is having trouble loading).

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Lars_Eller

Eller was a first round pick in 2007, nice size, good numbers.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

hockeydb went down as well but eller had 29 points in 49 games as a 19 year old in the SEL, then came to the states and had 57 points in 70 games as a 20 year old in the AHL. that looks like a second-line forward to me.

Edited by Triumph, 17 June 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

I wonder if they put a call into the Flyers to see about Carter, Giroux or Van Reimsdyke?
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

There's a reason Halak got the starting job over Price in the playoffs. He's just straight up better, and he proved his worth and i don't think this was a very smart move by the Habs. It would have been a better idea to move Price.

What a steal for St. Louis a #1 goalie for 2 prospects??? Halak will command some $ and probably get it, but St. Louis has been stocking up on picks and will get replacement for these traded players next week. Montreal has away of destroying prospects.

Montreal will probably not make the playoffs with Price in net.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

Maybe there was a bad phone connection, and Gainey really said "Laraque." :evil:

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

Maybe there was a bad phone connection, and Gainey really said "Laraque." :evil:

Isn't Gainey gone?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

No one will know who really won this trade for a few years but for the here and now it looks like the Blues made out big time.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#31 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

I wonder if they put a call into the Flyers to see about Carter, Giroux or Van Reimsdyke?

Yeah I mean getting any one of those would beat out this package. Eller's a good prospect, one of their top 5 but the other guy I don't think is regarded that high. Did they just not call the Flyers?
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#32 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

According to McKenzie, the Flyers Sharks and Bolts were bidding as well. All three you named have more value than Halak however.

Here are the stats for Schultz

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=102243

Looks like he has grinder written all over him if he ever makes the show.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#33 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

Isn't Gainey gone?

Yes, you are correct. I meant Gauthier.

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

According to McKenzie, the Flyers Sharks and Bolts were bidding as well. All three you named have more value than Halak however.

Yes, but the Flyers are deep enough on offense, and the common wisdom there is that a lack of quality goaltending is keeping them from winning the cup.

Maybe it could have been Halak and a 2nd/1st round pick for Carter.
Posted Image

#35 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Well this move will almost certainly aid in the Cryers "not" getting Price now. ALot of speculation around Philly has been they will trade for Price, since the thought was that the Habs would certainly keep Halak. I guess MOntreal isnt ready to give up on Price yet since he is still very young.

But I am glad the Flyers wont get him either... Add with Leighton being a free agent now they really will have to make a move for a goalie...

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Yes, but the Flyers are deep enough on offense, and the common wisdom there is that a lack of quality goaltending is keeping them from winning the cup.

Maybe it could have been Halak and a 2nd/1st round pick for Carter.

the flyers cannot afford halak and they would never give up carter for him.

congratulations st. louis, you just got the chance to pay a guy based on 20 games.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Wait a minute. Is Halak a UFA or RFA?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Buy low, sell high...

I'm guessing the first call Chris Mason will receive midnight July 1st will be from Voorhees. The second call will be from Arlington, Virginia.

Edited by mdsieve, 17 June 2010 - 03:03 PM.

#39 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

the flyers cannot afford halak and they would never give up carter for him.

congratulations st. louis, you just got the chance to pay a guy based on 20 games.

Sure but its better than paying Chris Mason the 3.75 he was asking for.

http://twitter.com/andystrickland

Really the Blues picked up a guy who should be their starter for a marginal prospect in Schultz, and a good prospect in Eller. Looking at the blues depth chart up front Eller was probably looked at as expendable if the right deal came around. Today it did.

Wait a minute. Is Halak a UFA or RFA?

RFA
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#40 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

i agree that eller is expendable and that st. louis certainly has good reason to make this deal. i would just rather gamble on a josh harding or someone like that. that player may not have been available but there's usually some goaltending lurking out there for cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users