300 replies to this topic

#61 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

This could mean that Rolston a gonner with his contract...Let's wait and see.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#62 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I too like Arnott and hope this move works out. I'm just thinking we should be getting younger.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

This signing can also mean that Lou is holding onto Arnotts 4.5mil for Parise next year.
Devils.

#64 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Simple and clear...

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#65 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

I've been the biggest Arnott fan my entire life. I grew up idolizing him.

Quite frankly, I don't give a fvck if we gave up too much for him, and I don't give a fvck if he's overpaid. He's my all-time favorite Devil, and he's back. I've got a tear in my eye.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#66 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

i do like to think that roloston is bye bye.
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#67 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

I've been the biggest Arnott fan my entire life. I grew up idolizing him.

Quite frankly, I don't give a fvck if we gave up too much for him, and I don't give a fvck if he's overpaid. He's my all-time favorite Devil, and he's back. I've got a tear in my eye.

This,this is what I wanna hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXF6al_FX0o

Edited by Devs3cups, 19 June 2010 - 04:01 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

#68 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Wonder what it would have cost to have the Preds send Steve Sullivan too...
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#69 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

Like the move. Even if he falls out of the plane and breaks his leg, the Devils won't be worse off. I can't see Halischuk being anything more than a body. A second round pick I can take or leave.

I also assume that it won't affect other acquisitions. That is, I imagine what they're going to offer Martin, Kovy is already set, and that Arnott's cap hit takes that into account.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#70 Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

Talk about a random trade on a Saturday. A-line FTW!!

#71 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

What's the harm in bringing Sykora back as a training camp invite?
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#72 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Arnott had a NMC clause too. Just another player who hates playing for Lou and the Devils so much that he chose to do it again. :lol:

Money talks $4.5 M is good deal for Arnott

#73 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

I really hope that the bringing in of 4.5 mil in salary is a sign that Lou is planning on getting rid of some of the dead weight still on the roster.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#74 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

Money talks $4.5 M is good deal for Arnott

Huh? He'd be getting that money no matter what.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#75 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

I really hope that the bringing in of 4.5 mil in salary is a sign that Lou is planning on getting rid of some of the dead weight still on the roster.

Rolston and Langs :pray:

#76 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

This signing can also mean that Lou is holding onto Arnotts 4.5mil for Parise next year.

I like to think of it this way, because that's about the kind of money over a long-term contract that (added to the ~3.3 he is currently making) should lock up Parise for us. So for all those lamenting the fact that this kills our chances for free agents, I would have to side with Lou that this really has no bearing on it as the 4.5 million is already tied up for many years to come it just happens to be on hold this season. In essence the only thing that changes is we won't be able to make any OTHER 1 year signings now :noclue: .

I personally LOVE ... LOVE! this signing. Yes, we get older, yes this reeks of nostalgic motivation, but it also is exactly what we needed. We needed a strong voice of leadership in the locker room, we needed a big bodied center that can play offensive from that position and win some draws regularly, and most of all we needed someone who role was clearly defined as THE 2nd LINE CENTER. If that had been Elias this year (as it most likely would've been) then it's another year of Elias the LW emergancy Center, sometimes RW with the revolving door 3rd line mate and that opens the door to the rest of the line juggling. This really solidifies our scoring lines and give Josefson the chance to ease his way into the lineup by playing on the 3rd line.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Arnott-Clarkson
Rolston-Josefson-Zubrus

The fourth line could really be ANYBODY but I would figure it will most likely feature Pandolfo a cheap good defensive center and some random who is good 2 way player so I think it isn't unreasonable to think this could be it:

Pandolfo-McAmmond-Zharkov

Those are some really nice forwards lines.

The defense ... well that leaves something (or in this case a lot of things) to be desired

Edited by brickwall30, 19 June 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#77 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Don't worry about the defense Stevens and Dano are lacing them up. We will be fine with Marty as backstop. Where is Mike Peloso? Holik is thinking about a come back.

#78 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hell yeah! This was a really good surprise for this saturday night :yay:

Nice! One of my all-time favorite Devils! Welcome back Jason Arnott! I have always liked him and wish the Devils never traded him. This was a good move and trade for the Devils.

I agree 100% with you brother!

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#79 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well I'm happy that Arnott is back but WHY WHY WHY on earth did my favo player only got to play for the Devils for just a few months!!!

#80 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Well I'm happy that Arnott is back but WHY WHY WHY on earth did my favo player only got to play for the Devils for just a few months!!!

Better than not at all.

While this probably brings the odds down to very, very low, I wouldn't say it's a 100% given that Kovalchuk isn't back. Lou would have to bury Pando and Rolston's contracts, but if there's a GM in this league who can make a bad deal disappear, it's him, isn't it?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users