300 replies to this topic

#121 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I just nostalgia'd all over myself. one moment please.
Posted Image

#122 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,035 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I had a feeling Arnott would be back eventually. I see a couple of other Ex-Devils out there that could be making a return on our defense if Martin does sign elsewhere.

#123 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

This sums up my feelings about this as well.

For some strange reason, when I read about Arnott coming back, that "touch of gray" commercial keeps popping up in my head.Posted Image

Lou: I've got big plans for you!

#124 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

Halischuk wasn't anything special while he was here, but I am seriously getting worried about our future if Kovy doesn't sign. A Rangers fan said it pretty well:

Cormier and Halischuk are question marks, but Oduya and Bergfors are good players, and who knows what the 2010 and 2011 picks would have gotten us (another Zajac? Brodeur replacement? etc). If Kovy doesn't sign and Arnott turns into Rolston 2.0, this team becomes a very old team who in 3-4 years will have lost much of its core without much in the pipeline.

Most Ranger fans (especially considering I got $5 on the source) are retards.

Oduya is a pipeline player? As is, they have too many defensemen in the system. They have enough C prospects (and remember, these same Ranger fans were saying Cormier should be sentenced to death for what happened... when he was Devils property, now he's important), and wing, well, we'll see. There's Tedenby and then we'll see if any of these other guys pan out.

BTW, again, on the Ranger fans are retards line... alot of these same people were bashing Devils fans for saying Halischuk had any potential other than a bottom six grinder.

Honestly, they can go fvck off, because they have a 6 player team and are cap-bound into oblivion, when all of their supposed great young players and prospects will go RFA. and who knows what's happening with the CBA, maybe there will be earlier arbitration rights, who knows...

#125 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, the link to a Morman choir singing "Hallelujah" was a bit discerning. Still, even though I think the Devils gave up too much, he'll be a quality second line center for this team

They're idiots too. Everyone knows what Jason Arnott is. He's a slowish C, with some size, that will occasionally use it, will play 60 games and put up decent point totals in those 60 games.

the difference is, they got something BETTER than that for a few years, and when he regressed back to norm (including personality wise, he seems to burn out after 3-4 years with one team)... now he's fvcking awful and it's awesome that they got a winger they can't currently use and a deferred draft pick.

I guess they don't remember 2008 too well. I guess the lacking of Hamilton Preds onsales doesn't clue them into the direction of the team. They just lost Arnott and Hamhuis for air, and it's not like they're going to spend any of this newfound cap space beyond the minimum.

#126 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

I remember when we signed Rolston everyone had mixed feelings or was excited for him coming back, wont be surprised if the same fans want Arnott out of town like rolston If Arnott does not score 25 goals by december.

I'll give 'em til mid January.

Arnott's 4 million cap hit could keep kovy away BUT maybe Kovy sees this move and he takes less for 1 year for another chance at a cup in NJ.

this. I'm sure Lou will be sellin' it.

Work your magic Lou!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#127 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

cue zamode's return to njdevs.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#128 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

Of course, I'm far less optimistic that we re-sign Kovy now. I think Lou gives it the old college try, but it seems very difficult with Rolston and Pandolfo's contracts on the books, and with Martin or an equal replacement being an absolute necessity.

Well I was at my sister's college graduation yesterday and I was sitting in the bleachers when I remarked to my brother that I wanted the Devs to sign Kovy so bad. Right after I said that I put my head down in angst and closed my eyes. I then opened them to see the number 17 on the on the bleacher right in front of my eyes. IT'S GOT TO BE A SIGN! I'm calling it: KOVY will sign with the Devils!

Of course right after I saw the 17, believe it or not a Russian guy showed up and sat right on the number...hmmmmmmm.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#129 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

cue zamode's return to njdevs.

I'm a-lurkin' sister! Arnott has to put out up some numbers, the game always is first! Decent numbers from last year so we'll see what happens but I'm not expecting miracles. I agree, he will be warmly welcomed unless he doesn't do anything in which case the fans will be willing to help him pack.

<---- For what it's worth, ugly Claude will always be my #1 Devil.

Proceed. . . .
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#130 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

but how can we forget?

Posted Image

:)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#131 devalxc

devalxc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:37 AM

YES so does this mean my signature is not out of date anymore? :yea: :yea: :dance: :dance:
Posted Image

#132 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

that D is awful, and Kovalchuk and Arnott on the same line, will cause Elias to have a stroke with all of the BS he'd have to put up with. one guy is slow as sh!t, and the other guy takes off on a 1 on 4 rush every time he gets the puck, when they're supposed to be dumping and chasing. by the time Arnott gets to the offensive blue line, the other team is already breaking the puck back.

forget about Kovalchuk. I'd much rather use any supposed money for him on another defenseman, in addition to Martin.

+1
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#133 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:06 AM

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has sent captain Jason Arnott to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Matt Halischuk and New Jersey’s second-round selection in the 2011 Entry Draft.

sweet. how many more 35+ yr old ex-Devils can we add to the roster? Rolston, Arnott, who else is out there? Is Grant Marshall still playing? Can Lou possibly convince Jim Dowd to come out of retirement for a few more seasons?

Edited by slasher72, 20 June 2010 - 05:13 AM.

#134 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

slasher, be careful with Brendan Morrison, Bill Guerin, Willie Mitchell, John Madden, Jason Smith, David Hale and maybe we can sign Mike Van Ryn and have him pout how he doesn't want to be Devil :D

It's like a high school reunion.... http://www.nj.com/de...en_wanting.html

Elias left a message for Arnott when he heard of the trade.
"I told him he'd better start working out," Elias said. "He's probably forgotten how quick I am."
"I think he forgot I was the brains of the line," he said. "I had to keep those two Czechs in line."

Edited by aylbert, 20 June 2010 - 06:24 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#135 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

I'm pretty excited about this but this is definitely a very typical Lou move. I can't wait till we re-sign Kovy!

In 10 years.

#136 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

I don't like giving up 2nd round picks - but who cares by the time they get ready to play we're talking like 2014 anyway - so it's not a mega issue.

I'm trusting Lou is not done and will move the appropriate players neccesary.

#137 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

The best part of this deal is that he only has one year left on his contract. He may take a discount next year in a lesser role. Halischuk just got passed by too many right wingers. There were too many prospects in the organization at the Albany level.

Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Elias - Arnott - Zharkov
Rolston - Zubrus - Clarkson

Maybe Rolston straight up for Finger, then we send Finger down to the AHL. Cap hit gone.

I got a feeling that Jaime Langenbrunner's gonna have to pack his rollerboard bag and apply his trade elsewhere. Also, this "surprise" Lamoriello is referring to, can it signify a trade of Zajac (since we signed Josefsson) for a premier defenceman?

#138 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

a big salary, thankfully for just one year. I hope Arnott did not just come back to re-live his glory days for one more year ala Holik

still it does address a big need we had so, overall, i'm ok with it.

#139 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

I got a feeling that Jaime Langenbrunner's gonna have to pack his rollerboard bag and apply his trade elsewhere. Also, this "surprise" Lamoriello is referring to, can it signify a trade of Zajac (since we signed Josefsson) for a premier defenceman?

Absolutely incorrect.
Langenbrunner are staying. Lou said so in a video on NJ TV, Jamie is our captain and will be our captain.

Zajac isnt going anywhere. he was just signed to a long term contract and is our best center we have. He is our best 2 way play making centerman. Josefsen is good but not as good as Zajac.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#140 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

I honestly don't know what to make of this. I'm neither excited nor disappointed. Right now it feels like Lou is just throwing dirty socks at the well and seeing what sticks...let's face it, a lot of moves that looked good on paper haven't been working out (not minimizing the regular season success, but the playoff returns have obviously been weak), and I think deep down Lou feeling a little shaken and confused...I can understand that. I have no idea if a real plan is in place, and Lou will always appear to be stoic and confident, so who knows what the thought process is anymore? At any rate it's not at all fair to judge what Lou does based off on move, so we'll see what this team looks like come October.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users