34 replies to this topic

#1 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:24 AM

I just figured if any of you guys/gals have changed your username over the years this would be the good forum for it.
It is confusing when you see a new name, with 1300 posts & say, WTF?
Also if it isn't obvious, how you picked your name, tell why you picked yours.
I just started using eldon becuase L is my first initial (Larry)
And don is the first 3 letters of my last name.
If I could do it over, I'd probably pick eldee, because, that's more of my nickname LD with a lot of people. But I've always been too lazy to change it.

#2 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

I was originally Sykkie17, it had been the only username I had gone by on the boards I had been posting at. Obviously I had it because Sykora was one favorite player.

A while ago, I changed my name to RoughDraft, most people think it has something to do with writing, but it's really just a song I had been listening to at the time (and couldn't think of anything else). It was also one of my favorite songs at the time.. Yellowcard - Rough Draft

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#3 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:42 AM

My nickname with my friends is Jay and since I wanted to incorporate that into my username, along with something to do with the Devils, I kept repeating "NJDevil" in my head and then it hit me, why not put Jay in place of J? It sounds the same and is pronounced the same while having my nickname in it at the same time.

Ever since ESB nicknamed me "Little J" I've always thought about asking DM to change my username to that (if that's possible on this new board) but I can't seem to let go of "NJayDevil". I thought it was really creative at the time.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:45 AM

I can change names, already did TaraBelles.

My name is from my original days in 96 on NJO.com. I liked the Devils and my favorite position was goalie, so I combined NetMinder with Devils. Wa-la.. been that ever since.

#5 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:41 PM

Ever since ESB nicknamed me "Little J" I've always thought about asking DM to change my username to that (if that's possible on this new board) but I can't seem to let go of "NJayDevil".  I thought it was really creative at the time.

It would be AWESOME if you were Little J. I always think of you as Little J. It goes with Little G.

Historically, I've been a big namechanger. I used to get very bored with names. And then there was the stupidstitious period, where I wanted to change when the team wasn't doing well.

But Elias Sports Bureau, well it just seems to suit me.

OK, you know the official organization the Elias (ee-lie-us) Sports Bureau, which handles sports stats. It just popped in my head one day to use it as Elias (elly-osh).

I think it works fine just by virtue of Elias being my favorite player, but I'm a sports copy editor too, so the name does really suit me. And I've gone away from it, but I always come back.

I don't even remember the other names, except I always liked devspage, even though it spells my real name (Paige) wrong.
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#6 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:25 PM

First off I've been redruM since the begining...which for me was the '94-'95 season back on NJO.

The came obvisouly from the movie the Shining, but I started using it soph year in HS, basically a bunch of my friends had wathced the movie, and it freaked the hell out of them.

One night I was bored, and decided to scare the hell out of my friends, starting making crank calls to them, ( no caller ID in those days!!!) yelling redruM and then haning up, then I'd knock on the door and leave a threatening note that signed redruM.

Kept it up unitl me Senior year when my cover was blown.....Funny as friggin hell though!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:53 AM

Mine came back from 94-95 too, when the Crash Line first started, and if you
remember how they got that name was cause Doc would always say 'and
now the crashers are on the ice' and it ended up being their catchy lil name
(best 4th line in NHL History) and ever despite hating Holik after for being
a selfish prick and getting Peluso traded I kept the name and by then the
CRASHER line was way too catchy in my lil brain to change it again !!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 10:41 AM

All of my hockey board names have had something to do with Nieuwy - nieuwy 910, nieuwy25, etc, so when I came on here NJDev25 seemed natural. I think I may want to change mine to just "25" or JN25, something like that now.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:21 AM

I always keep this name everywhere I go. The first time i posted online was at a friends website about an actor...so my name sort of comes from there - with a little of my married name. It sort of fits my online persona and I'm too lazy and forgetful to come up with anything alternate...except the one time puckpoodle :P

Sometimes I debate being puckpoodle full-time on hockey sites but i worked so hard for this Pepperkorn rep... ;)

I'm here for the party

#10 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:39 AM

mmm... every single people call me moustic.. except my mother for sure :lol:
why ?
simple...

i'm a insect !

#11 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:48 AM

I live on the west coast and I'm a devil fan. That's how I can up with mine. Sometimes I use WCDF sometimes, because that's what some of you call me. It's that simple. :P
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#12 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:46 PM

I can change names, already did TaraBelles.

My name is from my original days in 96 on NJO.com. I liked the Devils and my favorite position was goalie, so I combined NetMinder with Devils. Wa-la.. been that ever since.

LOL, yeah, you did... Now, admit it, I had to register here as Twisted Elegance because you were hoggin my name!!!!!!

I always posted as Tarabelle99 everywhere I went. Tara, well it's my name, and the whole Tarabelle (or T-Belle) thing started as a name from a friend about 10 years ago. The 99 got added as another "inside" joke.. pager days.. calling from friends houses etc.. just a code "Hey it's me, agent 99"

So everywhere I am, I'll be one or the other.... Twisted Elegance is a phrase from Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope CD.......... kinda suits me to a T- a little twisted yet elegant all at once ;)
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

#13 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 07:43 PM

hmmm I use to be Goober Girl. Goober use to be one of Jamie's numerous nicknames while he was in Dallas. Now I go by Dallas Devil because I'm from Dallas and I'm a Dallas/Devils fan as I'm sure all of you know by now.... sorry
ďIíve been fortunate enough to play on some pretty good hockey teams, and Iíve been fortunate enough to win two Stanley Cups. I donít know what more I could ask for.Ē -Jamie

Posted Image

How much Mat could a Matvichuck chuck,
If a Matvichuck could chuck Mat?

#14 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 04:43 PM

Seinfeld was a good show.
Posted Image

#15 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:34 PM

Seinfeld was a good show.

Yeah, Seinfeld was great, and Puddy was absolutely perfect for his role. The time Elaine found out he was religious was one of my favorites. Very Funny.

Anyway kinda boring, but my first name is Chris, last name begins with a G, and 19 is my hockey number, soooo

ChrisG19
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#16 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:19 PM

I always liked Mission's hockey equpiment but I also like the name. To me it symbolizes playing with a purpose and heart. You know playing or working like a man on a mission. B)
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#17 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:35 PM

Crap, how did I miss all these threads? Must have been from when I was on vacation. Anyways..."sammyk" is my first name Sammy, and my last name begins with K. I use it just about everywhere too (sammyk874 if sammyk is unavailable)...so if you see it elsewhere, don't forget to say Hi! :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#18 Ally

Ally

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 11:12 AM

Long story...

it went like this:

17inRed
21inRed
Sykie something or another
EllysAlly
Ally McSykzie (McKay + Sykora + McKenzie)
Ally Mc
Brr...It's Friesen
Ally

Basically, all the players I ever put in my usernames, kept getting traded, except Friesen, so I figured I'd play it safe and use my own name, to protect the players ;) I might get traded... but at least Friesen won't :)

#19 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:19 PM

Jeez your like a jinx.
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#20 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:56 PM

Basically, all the players I ever put in my usernames, kept getting traded, except Friesen, so I figured I'd play it safe and use my own name, to protect the players ;) I might get traded... but at least Friesen won't :)

Just remember to change your name to that of a player we all want off the team. That way, everybody wins. :D
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users