123 replies to this topic

#41 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

he doesn't move the puck that well. he's not quite a stay at home but close. his lines basically look like Mike Mottau's, with the exception that he HAS to be better on the PK, because no one can be worse than Mottau. so, I guess the own goals go down.

but, when you consider Martin's potential to maybe be a dominating player on the Pens, it just pales in comparison

#42 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

I say Rolston + for Souray would be a decent deal.

of course it would but it won't happen - rolston won't go there.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#43 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Its not a bad signing. Tallinder is a solid defenseman. I'm not going to complain, I'm sure Lou has something else up his sleeve.

Agreed, I am happy with the signing. We didn't overpay so that we can go out and get another guy.

#44 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

The guys on the Sabres HF Board seemed to like him... http://hfboards.com/...ad.php?t=794471
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,103 posts

Lou (wearing magician's outfit): "Nothing up my sleeve..."

Quiet as the audience waits for Lou to perform some trick...

Lou: "No, that's it actually. Nothing up my sleeve!"

We'll find out soon enough...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#46 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

He looked a lot better than he is last season because he played with Myers. If he can be more physical and maintain his defensive play it'll be a pretty good signing.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#47 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Hamhuis is looking for $5mill per year and 5-7 years. Lou is probably trying to lock up the money in another solid DMan and Kovalchuk.

Ok i understand but if you are trying to lock money for a solid D-men and Kovalchuk then don't overpay Henrik fvcking Talinder.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#48 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

i just moved back to southern NY from being in buffalo for the past 7 years. Tallinder is a solid player, and a great leader. even the guys on TSN are high on the move because of how great of a leader/mentor he is in the locker room. Tyler Myers credited him for how much he learned this season.

i'll take it.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#49 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

This won't be a bad signing if it's a piece of the overall puzzle. There has to be more rebuilding back there to even comment on what this means.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#50 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Canucks are rumored to be closing in on Hamhuis as we talk.
Posted Image

#51 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

i just moved back to southern NY from being in buffalo for the past 7 years. Tallinder is a solid player, and a great leader. even the guys on TSN are high on the move because of how great of a leader/mentor he is in the locker room. Tyler Myers credited him for how much he learned this season.

i'll take it.

A fellow Sweed to mentor Urbom perhaps????
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

this rules out Hamhuis anyway. I don't think we're going to get a tweener defenseman, it has to be someone capable of doing something offensively

#53 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Ok i understand but if you are trying to lock money for a solid D-men and Kovalchuk then don't overpay Henrik fvcking Talinder.

3.3m isn't exactly steep..how much would you have paid the guy? 300k less?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#54 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

I just wish we could have a star defenseman kinda of sick of the faceless wonders.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#55 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Lou didn't overpay for Tallinder, this is what I'd consider market value for him. Solid signing. At least wait until Volchenkov is gone before you jump all over Lou for (what you think is) overpaying Tallinder.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#56 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

3.3m isn't exactly steep..how much would you have paid the guy? 300k less?

Ok maybe I over reacted as I always do when Lou do one of his unexpected move but hey Martin leaved us for 500K.
Posted Image

#57 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Tallinder-Urbom? If Tallinder is credited with helping Myers adjust to the league that may be one reason he was brought into the fold, since the Devils will be bringing in some younger guys on defense, I believe.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#58 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

more moves have to happen and this reeks of giving tedenby/joseffson an older buddy

we'll be talking about moving this contract over next summer.

excellent point about not necessarily keeping him for 4 years. Two years & at this price sounds real good.
let's hope you're right!

#59 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

i'm only worried about his injury...

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

I wonder if this sets up a Kaberle trade involving Salvador. Just saying, White, Salvador, Tallinder and Corrente have similar styles and none are incredible on offense.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 01 July 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users