12374 replies to this topic

#2181 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

jesus am i really at the point where i read Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumors and i'm like 'oh that's good news' instead of 'oh, i could've made that up'

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2182 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) means nothing to me
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#2183 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Ugh I'm still checking this thread like I'm going to see an update. Bleh.

This. It's like a bad disease at this point.

I think the time has come for some Christian Bale style negotiating from Lou. "Sign here Ilya or else we're done professionally. You'll never work in this industry again."

Edited by Sickman, 07 July 2010 - 09:10 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#2184 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Ugh I'm still checking this thread like I'm going to see an update. Bleh.

A moderator should just change the title to either (No) New Kovy Update or New Kovy Nonsense.

#2185 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=29248&blogger_id=1. Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is reporting that, just like Brooksie, that the kings and kovy are done... Go for kovy LL!!

go lou!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#2186 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

yes!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#2187 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

My latest thoughts.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2188 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

yes!!!

the thread is 110 pages!!!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#2189 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

my eyes hurt from too much computer :(
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#2190 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

Update on food since that's what the better conversation is about.

Tonight I made spaghetti with vodka sauce and cooked shrimp. Tasted great.... and now my stomach is killing me.

#2191 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Has anything like this ever happened before in NHL free agency, especially where rumors have gone back and forth between two teams so much?

#2192 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

I just want to say all this waiting has been great. I mean, it's been edge of your seat, anything can happen at any moment, for days now. It's been fantastic drama and hopefully it'll stretch into next week.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2193 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Has anything like this ever happened before in NHL free agency, especially where rumors have gone back and forth between two teams so much?

i don't think it's taken a top player this long to sign in a long time. not that i can remember, anyway.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2194 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Jeez the guy screwed up, but he came back today with an explanation and acted civil enough, there's no need to keep this going forever.

He's been doing this since he GUARANTEED and swore up and down on his family tree that Gomez would NEVER EVER NEVER sign with the Rangers :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2195 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I think the most similar case would maybe be the Heatley case last summer.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#2196 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Are we there yet?
It's the whiskey talking.

#2197 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Posted this awhile ago, but it's relevant.

#2198 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

Are we there yet?

Haha. Nicely done.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#2199 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

He's been doing this since he GUARANTEED and swore up and down on his family tree that Gomez would NEVER EVER NEVER sign with the Rangers :P

Not only that, but it's usually just taking something rumored in the news and stating it as 100% true because of sources. These "sureisms" never seem to happen before something is already out there in the news.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2200 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions