hehehehehe :evil:

#2262 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

I don't think Brooks is joking sounds like a serious post to me.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#2263 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

I don't think it's true. I wonder how many of these rumors were publicity stunts. For all we know Lou and Dean might be having a publicity stunt bomb war.

#2264 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

Posted this awhile ago, but it's relevant.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpRvBZpw-4"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lGpRvBZpw-4[/url]

sorry this reply is 5 pages past but this was great.

also - $100MM from NJ absolutely reeks of VBK all over it - to quote another "running the devils like lehman at the end"

lastly - kiss parise good bye if this happens - and really, whatever you knew of "lou's devils". this becomes kovalchuk's team, which i'm not so happy about.

its not that they couldn't afford parise too - it's that you'd arguably have to pay him more - certainly on a per year basis.

Edited by sundstrom, 07 July 2010 - 10:51 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#2265 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,564 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

lastly - kiss parise good bye if this happens - and really, whatever you knew of "lou's devils". this becomes kovalchuk's team, which i'm not so happy about.

its not that they couldn't afford parise too - it's that you'd arguably have to pay him more - certainly on a per year basis.

So signing Kovy to a long term, cap friendly deal will mean Parise will not want to sign a long term, cap friendly deal as well? I don't see that as being true at all.

Parise is going to want some "set me up for life safety" since he'd had to play at least 2 more years until he hits UFA. So if you offered him a big contract like Kovy's next offseason I think he would be hard pressed to say no. Heck, you can offer him one that isn't super long term like Kovy's and he'd still probably say yes and the Devils could afford the larger cap hit on Parise's
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2266 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

sorry this reply is 5 pages past but this was great.

also - $100MM from NJ absolutely reeks of VBK all over it - to quote another "running the devils like lehman at the end"

you don't have to pay him more. Look on Montreal, Plekanec took $2 mil less than Gomez even though he's better. The only way he gets close to that is through UFA which hopefully he won't get to. But UFAs always get more in every sport just because there's bidding
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#2267 FightingMongoose

FightingMongoose

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

This. This is what I'm worried about. Kovy's skill is undeniable but I am not looking to put Parise on the way to the exits because of him. Parise is not just offensively gifted and defensively responsible (in other words, the whole package) but has the work ethic and spirit of a future leader. Those are things we should not put at risk.
Posted Image

#2268 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

"NYP_Brooksie: Not confirmed but Ive been told Devils' offer on table to Ilya is 4 breathtaking lifetime deal that will get him the $100M he's sought."

Hey Brooksie, Blue horseshoe loves Anacot Steel.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2269 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,652 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hey Brooksie, Blue horseshoe loves Anacot Steel.

lol that's gold - i've wanted to make this reference more than once but was afraid no one would get it

Edited by Triumph, 07 July 2010 - 11:01 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2270 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

So signing Kovy to a long term, cap friendly deal will mean Parise will not want to sign a long term, cap friendly deal as well? I don't see that as being true at all.

Parise is going to want some "set me up for life safety" since he'd had to play at least 2 more years until he hits UFA. So if you offered him a big contract like Kovy's next offseason I think he would be hard pressed to say no. Heck, you can offer him one that isn't super long term like Kovy's and he'd still probably say yes and the Devils could afford the larger cap hit on Parise's

Everyone's just paranoid when it comes to number nine. When Kovy was being rumored to sign any $9 million deal people said oh it's too high a cap number, we can't retain Zach. With this deal it's oh that's too many years, we can't retain Zach because what team has two of those deals? And if we don't sign Kovy at all others (including me) will worry about how competitive the team will be and we won't be able to retain Zach because of another first-round exit, even with the extra cap space.

#2271 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

An edit to my earlier post re KHL salary cap exception. I'm reading elsewhere that the KHL allows only one NHL player salary cap exemption. So it might appear that SKA, and hence the KHL, is out because of the Nabakhov signing.

Edited by Daniel, 07 July 2010 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#2272 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'll be so relieved when Parise signs an extension so everyone can chill.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#2273 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

you don't have to pay him more. Look on Montreal, Plekanec took $2 mil less than Gomez even though he's better. The only way he gets close to that is through UFA which hopefully he won't get to. But UFAs always get more in every sport just because there's bidding

montreal didn't give gomez that contract - they traded for the guy - its not at all comparable.

and 731 - yes, i suppose if kovalchuk got a 16/100 deal parise could get a 10/70 deal and they could both say "i'm the highest paid". but parise could also say - give ME 16/100 too. now, cap wise, that's fine. but when REAL salary for the Devils is $70MM because these guys are making $20 by themselves for a couple of years - well this team isn't the Rangers or TML or Flyers w/ unlimited funds. they just can't afford it.

lol that's gold - i've wanted to make this reference more than once but was afraid no one would get it

i'd be embarrassed for anyone over the age of 25 that couldn't get it and i'd guess more than 50% of the board regulars are of that age or higher.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#2274 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

and 731 - yes, i suppose if kovalchuk got a 16/100 deal parise could get a 10/70 deal and they could both say "i'm the highest paid". but parise could also say - give ME 16/100 too. now, cap wise, that's fine. but when REAL salary for the Devils is $70MM because these guys are making $20 by themselves for a couple of years - well this team isn't the Rangers or TML or Flyers w/ unlimited funds. they just can't afford it.

I'll start to get the sense that Vanderbeek may turn out to be the Bernie Madoff of hockey if he starts doling out that much cash.
Posted Image

#2275 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

I'll start to get the sense that Vanderbeek may turn out to be the Bernie Madoff of hockey if he starts doling out that much cash.

Madoff took the money he didn't deal it out.

Posted Image

#2276 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Madoff took the money he didn't deal it out.

Not true. If you got in on the action early, you made money with Bernie. Think of Kovy as an earlier investor.
Posted Image

#2277 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

Not true. If you got in on the action early, you made money with Bernie. Think of Kovy as an earlier investor.

I did not know that...interesting.

Posted Image

#2278 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

Kings are out? KHL are out? Well this is pretty obvious now that we got him isn't it?

n2eg.jpg

#2279 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

Kings are out? KHL are out? Well this is pretty obvious now that we got him isn't it?

nobody knows anything. We don't even know if Brooks was being serious
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#2280 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,639 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Well, sure. Every Ponzi scheme is like that. If you get in early enough, there's money to be made. It's the poor shmucks that get recruited way down the line who prop everyone else up.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users