12374 replies to this topic

#2261 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

"NYP_Brooksie: Not confirmed but Ive been told Devils' offer on table to Ilya is 4 breathtaking lifetime deal that will get him the $100M he's sought."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY&feature=related

Dr. Evil = Kovie
Number 2 = Grossman

Edited by theamazingtiny, 07 July 2010 - 10:32 PM.

They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#2262 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

any moment before he's 35

As long as he's signed the contract before he's 35 he can retire at any time, say 38, and the contract comes off.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2263 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

If 100M is the case then this goes way beyond Lou. I has a vanderbeek "do whatever it takes to get him" written all over it.

Sure. He needs to sell out games. I could see it. I mean just look at this thread...its bound to bring in more people.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#2264 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

any moment before he's 35

I think it only applies if you sign the contract after your 35th birthday. So, obviously, if Kovie was to retire at any time, the contract would come off

believe-3devils.jpg

#2265 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

If 100M is the case then this goes way beyond Lou. I has a vanderbeek "do whatever it takes to get him" written all over it.

I don't buy that, if solely because Lou would retire rather than take orders like that. I'll believe this deal exists when I see it.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#2266 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Wait, so am I the only one thought it was a joke...? That everyone covering this whole pathetic hoe-down is going a little batsh!t crazy, like TG did yesterday in reporting the Halak signing?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#2267 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

I LOVE THIS THREAD :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#2268 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,160 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Wait, so am I the only one thought it was a joke...? That everyone covering this whole pathetic hoe-down is going a little batsh!t crazy, like TG did yesterday in reporting the Halak signing?

I thought it was too... like I said, whenever I check Brooks' Twitter (I don't follow him), there seems to be a joke or a tweet to Sean Avery mixed in every so often. :lol:
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#2269 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Sure. He needs to sell out games. I could see it. I mean just look at this thread...its bound to bring in more people.

Kovy's not selling out any games. He didn't when he was a novelty. He certainly won't if it's clear he's going to be sticking around for a while. And it really won't when in 5 years he's only good for 25-30 goals per year.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2270 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

This was likely the case from the very start. This is probably why Lou was so unusually open about what was going on, at least more so than usual. Just talk of it probably boosted STH sales. VBK needs to fill seats. Dropping $8-9M/yr to get more people to attend would be worth it for him.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#2271 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a joke but its still fun to noodles around with the idea.

Kovy's not selling out any games. He didn't when he was a novelty. He certainly won't if it's clear he's going to be sticking around for a while. And it really won't when in 5 years he's only good for 25-30 goals per year.

Yea you're right.

#2272 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

This process has been so insane almost anything is beliveable at this point - and just about everything is false anyway even if it is plausible. I woudln't put it past Brooks to be sarcastic, since that's his middle name but our offer keeps increasing with every rumor so I'm not sure how crazy it actually is.

#2273 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a joke but its still fun to noodles around with the idea.

Maybe it's all just Bob Newhart's dream again.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#2274 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

I think it only applies if you sign the contract after your 35th birthday. So, obviously, if Kovie was to retire at any time, the contract would come off

oh.

good :evil:

I'm here for the party

#2275 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

uggg, its going to be another day of hitting F5 and not getting any work done.

#2276 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

uggg, its going to be another day of hitting F5 and not getting any work done.

As opposed to any other work day where you have internet? :boogie:

#2277 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

let's be honest, he's right. I once had a fantasy football draft at work in front of my boss
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#2278 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

hehehehehe :evil:

#2279 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

I don't think Brooks is joking sounds like a serious post to me.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#2280 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

I don't think it's true. I wonder how many of these rumors were publicity stunts. For all we know Lou and Dean might be having a publicity stunt bomb war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users