12374 replies to this topic

#3441 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

Perhaps but they are quoting the Post just like TSN does...

OK I dunno WTF happened with the above post of mine...the quoting system went haywire it seems...

Thats what you gotta love about Canada, they're so starved for hockey a day after the cup they begin to run anything they get their frosty hands on.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#3442 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

If Brodeur signs for 17 years then kids not even born yet will get to see Brodeur when they are seniors in high school

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3443 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

wtf is taking kovy so long the 17 yr deal is essentially 10 yrs 100 mil take it

#3444 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

he doesn't like not having any options apart from devils.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3445 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

If Kovy signs for 17 years then kids not even born yet will get to see Kovy when they are seniors in high school

Chances are, Kovy would retire a few years before the contract ended if he were to get a 17 year deal. It will be frontloaded so the last few years he would make peanuts.= RETIREMENT

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#3446 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

If Kovy signs for 17 years then kids not even born yet will get to see Kovy when they are seniors in high school

well they'll have to be born within the next 3 years, and he'll retire at contract year 12, this way it doesn't hit unlucky 13 and violate Lou's rule of no 13's anywhere.

#3447 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

Maybe they're counting on, as a lot of people are here, that he'll retire or go back to Russia by the time he's 40.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3448 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

I would love to see Kovy play for the Devils for the next 12-13 years....truly amazing....would become a 500 goal scorer as a Devil, and go into the HOF as a Devil....When will the ILYA ERA officially begin?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#3449 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

I would love to see Kovy play for the Devils for the next 12-13 years....truly amazing....would become a 500 goal scorer as a Devil, and go into the HOF as a Devil....When will the ILYA ERA officially begin?

5 seconds after marty retires

but that wont happen until he gets 700 wins so....

#3450 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

How can he NOT like that contract? It's what he friggin' asked for, AND the team becomes more competitive than a standard 10/100 contract. GTFO...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#3451 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

How can he NOT like that contract? It's what he friggin' asked for, AND the team becomes more competitive than a standard 10/100 contract. GTFO...

there's no record deal for his wife from Jay-Z included. he's holding out for that clause.

#3452 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

In fairness, hockey players don't go into the hall as a member of a team. Its not like baseball in that respect.

#3453 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

we should sign him his wife his kids and his future kids 20 year contracts....we get the whole family at a bargain price

#3454 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

In fairness, hockey players don't go into the hall as a member of a team. Its not like baseball in that respect.

Not officially, but he will be recognized as a "Devil" at that point should he sign this contract....

#3455 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

well, 1) no one knows if any of these contract offers are real, and 2) it's possible he doesn't want to play here. or at least doesn't want to play here as much as he'd like to play for the Kings.

#3456 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

the kings arent going to be around because cali will be in the ocean within the next 5 years.......

#3457 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Not officially, but he will be recognized as a "Devil" at that point should he sign this contract....

When Nieds announced his retirement, he had a list of accomplishments like stanley cup, etc. but it was not mentioned which team he got those cups except the Anaheim one, look it up, it's atrocious.

martyb.jpg

#3458 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

well, 1) no one knows if any of these contract offers are real, and 2) it's possible he doesn't want to play here. or at least doesn't want to play here as much as he'd like to play for the Kings.

Or maybe the deal's already's done, he's a sadist, and he loves messing with our heads. He's doing a good job of it, so it's starting to become the simplest explanation.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3459 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

trying to focus on the good things about this and not that this isnt the LL i know

at least my unborn son will def. have a hand me down jersey
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#3460 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

i think that is one of the best things about hockey. none of this "i played 19 years for this team and 1 year for the yankees, and won a WS with NY so i want to go in as one"

or "i want tampa to have a hall of famer so i want their cap when i go in"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users