Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#3442 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Why would Jay Grossman put this on his website over the weekend?

Let this thread heat up again!

I saw this also late last night but I didn't have time to post. Grossman / Puck Agency putting this up is very suspicious. These are the guys representing Kovalchuk and they are linking to an article linking NJ, Kovalchuk, and Brodeur. Even more, this is the ONLY article they have done something like this to. I think it sends a strong signal that NJ is where Kovalchuk is leaning towards.

#3443 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I still wish Lou would say SOMETHING.

Hey fans, prospect camp is this week... THESE are the days you can come watch the future Devils in a scrimmage. Ilya Kovalchuk has not made his decision yet, but we are doing the best we can to improve our team for the upcoming season blah blah blah blah.

Any word on which day will be open to the public?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3444 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

I just noticed that Grossman used to be Patrik Sundstrom's agent (or at least the agency was).

I like stories.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3445 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hey fans, prospect camp is this week... THESE are the days you can come watch the future Devils in a scrimmage. Ilya Kovalchuk has not made his decision yet, but we are doing the best we can to improve our team for the upcoming season blah blah blah blah.

No ? Didn't think so. Thanks Lou. Well... it is almost 6.. I'm sure he has eaten dinner at the buffet at the local hospital at the early bird and has now sat down in a recliner to knit an afghan and watch Golden Girls by now.

What new could you possibly expect him to say unless you want him to regurgitate himself every day for the next two weeks or however long this takes like a candidate making a stump speech? This is one of those rare times where you can say nothing new's happening and it's the truth.

#3446 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Could also read it the other way... Grossman using Marty to help the Devils' fans understand Kovy's decision is a tough one.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#3447 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

I saw this also late last night but I didn't have time to post. Grossman / Puck Agency putting this up is very suspicious. These are the guys representing Kovalchuk and they are linking to an article linking NJ, Kovalchuk, and Brodeur. Even more, this is the ONLY article they have done something like this to. I think it sends a strong signal that NJ is where Kovalchuk is leaning towards.

Or it's a signal that Kovy's going to the Kings, and they just want to convince Devils fans that they should understand how agonizing a decision it is. Just take Marty's word for it.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3448 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

Or it's a signal that Kovy's going to the Kings, and they just want to convince Devils fans that they should understand how agonizing a decision it is. Just take Marty's word for it.

my point exactly

but when you think about it, NJ fans already saw the article in their home newspaper... the Star Ledger

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#3449 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

What new could you possibly expect him to say unless you want him to regurgitate himself every day for the next two weeks or however long this takes like a candidate making a stump speech? This is one of those rare times where you can say nothing new's happening and it's the truth.

It's just a bizarre situation all together.
The Kings are out and in and out and in and we hear nothing about the Devils.

It's quite possible that Lou has had one or two deals on the table the whole time and is letting Ilya decide...

We all thought Kovy was signed and Lou had to make cap space until he went running back to the Kings with a counter offer.

At this point it kind of seems like Kovy is trying EVERYTHING to be a King or get the deal he wants and that the Devils are his last option before fleeing to Russia.

And we still have to get rid of more people to sign him... overall it could look like we gave up:

Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier, draft picks, Rolston, Salvador (or White or Langs or Zubrus) for this guy. Isn't that a little much? And god forbid if this deal screws up Parise for next year?

my point exactly

but when you think about it, NJ fans already saw the article in their home newspaper... the Star Ledger

It could also be evidence that Grossman has absolutely nothing to say and nothing to report haha.

#3450 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

No ? Didn't think so. Thanks Lou. Well... it is almost 6.. I'm sure he has eaten dinner at the buffet at the local hospital at the early bird and has now sat down in a recliner to knit an afghan and watch Golden Girls by now.

what incentive does lou have to talk? none, besides covering his ass or looking better to the fans, neither of which make the team better. when burke shoots his mouth off about driving players to the airport or about how kevin lowe is a thieving scumbag, that's all fun and games, but it doesn't help the team. if kovalchuk goes elsewhere, lou will do the 'we did what we had to do to keep that player here, but he chose something else, we're prepared for that, and we'll look to improve the team as always', etc.

Edited by Triumph, 10 July 2010 - 05:24 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#3451 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

what incentive does lou have to talk? none, besides covering his ass or looking better to the fans, neither of which make the team better. when burke shoots his mouth off about driving players to the airport or about how kevin lowe is a thieving scumbag, that's all fun and games, but it doesn't help the team.

Who the hell cares? It's just my opinion that I wish we were hearing more.

#3452 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Or it is just an article that mentions their client and agencies like to put those up. Don't read too much into it.

#3453 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Kovalchuk has been kidnapped by Alien ranger fans from the planet Suck.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#3454 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

I just noticed that Grossman used to be Patrik Sundstrom's agent (or at least the agency was).

I like stories.

fvcking ha ha ha.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3455 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,573 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

This from Fire & Ice:

Zach Parise’s future as a Devil could be impacted by Ilya Kovalchuk’s decision

http://blogs.northje...lchuks_decisio/

If the Devils commit financially to Kovalchuk with the kind of money he is apparently seeking, there might not be enough salary cap space to sign Parise to a long-term extension. Parise, who will turn 26 on July 28, is scheduled to become a restricted free agent next summer and is two years away from unrestricted free agency.

“I’m not thinking about that too much,” he told me today. “Right now, it’s more to the point of what’s going to help us win next year and the year after. A guy like (Kovalchuk) will help us. I guess we’ll see what happens after that.”

“I’m still agent-less,” he said. “If Lou does decide he wants to start talking to me, I’ll try to speed it up a little bit, but right now there’s not too much of a hurry on my part.”

Edited by Rock, 10 July 2010 - 06:22 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#3456 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

I dig Zacks state of mind.

He is under contract.
He has no need of an agent til that is up.
Playing and winning and whatever that takes is numero uno.

I think that boy wants to lace em up and go win a cup!!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#3457 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

This from Fire & Ice:

Zach Parise’s future as a Devil could be impacted by Ilya Kovalchuk’s decision

http://blogs.northje...lchuks_decisio/

If the Devils commit financially to Kovalchuk with the kind of money he is apparently seeking, there might not be enough salary cap space to sign Parise to a long-term extension. Parise, who will turn 26 on July 28, is scheduled to become a restricted free agent next summer and is two years away from unrestricted free agency.

“I’m not thinking about that too much,” he told me today. “Right now, it’s more to the point of what’s going to help us win next year and the year after. A guy like (Kovalchuk) will help us. I guess we’ll see what happens after that.”

“I’m still agent-less,” he said. “If Lou does decide he wants to start talking to me, I’ll try to speed it up a little bit, but right now there’s not too much of a hurry on my part.”

I think Gulitti should have mentioned that a considerable amount of money comes off the books in the next two years. But the concern is certainly legit.

#3458 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

Gulitti loves to be a puppet master and this is the kind of thing that riles people up. By clearing cap space for kovy this year, lou's already fighting half the battle for parise next year.

I am too lazy to do it now but 11-12 w/ kovy & zp @ 14-15 total isn't a problem.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3459 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

zach parise makes 3.125 mil this year, arnott should be here for only one year and he makes 4.5 mil, and if langenbrunner doesnt resign 2.8 mil will come off the book so if you add all those numbers together you have 10.425. so if lou want to he can pay parise that much money over how many years he want to

#3460 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Parise & Kovy locked up longterm= AT LEAST ONE CUP! Come on nowwwww

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users