12374 replies to this topic

#3801 Otty Ott-Sauce

Otty Ott-Sauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

I can't see who could be moved so he could be a devil and if he does get here how much cap will the Devs have to sign parise
KovalCup 2011-2025!

#3802 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

From nhl.com

" If the Kings are finally able to land Kovalchuk, who has 338 goals in 621 NHL games, they would instantly become Stanley Cup contenders. "

Hahaha this is just hilarious. I mean he is high a end player,but is not like if any team get him, the team would magicaly became a strong contender for the cup.

Edited by Cachorro Louco, 12 July 2010 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#3803 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

from what I saw of the Kings against the Canucks, they're not nearly ready yet. adding Kovalchuk will not help them in the areas they got ripped to shreds in.

this guy is not Crosby or Ovechkin, and one of the two still hasn't won anything yet.

#3804 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

I fail to see, without moves, how New Jersey will be able to inject youth up front. To me it looks like there will be a battle for one spot in the top 9 between Zharkov/Vasyunov/Tedenby/Josefson/Palmieri/Henrique. I doubt we would waste any of those players on the 4th line for a full season.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Arnott-Clarkson
Zubrus/Rolston/Youth
Plug/Plug/Plug

Feel free to change the players playing RW on the top two lines.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 12 July 2010 - 12:49 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#3805 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

I fail to see, without moves, how New Jersey will be able to inject youth up front. To me it looks like there will be a battle for one spot in the top 9 between Zharkov/Vasyunov/Tedenby/Josefson/Palmieri/Henrique. I doubt we would waste any of those players on the 4th line for a full season.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Arnott-Clarkson
Zubrus/Rolston/Youth
Plug/Plug/Plug

Feel free to change the players playing RW on the top two lines.

why would Rolston play C, and why wouldn't Zubrus be a top 6 RW instead of Clarkson? anybody that watched the tape could see Zubrus played well with Parise and Zajac. unfortunately, the coach wasn't one of those people.

Clarkson is an awful fit with Arnott and Elias. Arnott's role is clearing space and Elias gives the puck up to other players too easily. Clarkson is incapable of giving the puck back to forwards.

if it comes to the point that no kid can play 3rd line C, they're going to have to put Zubrus there or get one. Rolston isn't an option. All you can do with him at this point is challenge him not to be a pansy (and this didn't work with Sutter), and line him up on the point on the PP and hope he's lucky.

#3806 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

you dont even have langs

#3807 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:04 AM

I fail to see, without moves, how New Jersey will be able to inject youth up front. To me it looks like there will be a battle for one spot in the top 9 between Zharkov/Vasyunov/Tedenby/Josefson/Palmieri/Henrique. I doubt we would waste any of those players on the 4th line for a full season.Parise-Zajac-LangenbrunnerElias-Arnott-ClarksonZubrus/Rolston/YouthPlug/Plug/PlugFeel free to change the players playing RW on the top two lines.

Can't put Clarkson on the second. :blink:

Buttt can't put Rolston up there either.

Zubrus:O.K but I don't see him playing like he played in the Playoffs all year long

Conclusion:We need to find a second line winger from outside the organization.I say Frolov. (my opinion)

Same thing for the Defense.

The way I see it right now is that if the roster stays as like that we are going to play a complete copy of the 2009-2010 season and PLAYOFFS.

Edited by SS-SS, 12 July 2010 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#3808 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

If we're frustrated, imagine what other GMs are that are pretty much handcuffed by this whole ordeal.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#3809 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:11 AM

why?! not meaning to single you out, becase there are many that feel this way on this board. but again - why?! he's a great player that has earned the right to go where he wants. he very much wants to go to LA and wants as much money as he can. fine.

Im just saying if he really wanted to be in LA would waste Lou and Co. time we could have set our priorities elsewhere. It obvious that he wanted to be in LA no matter what. Why listen to our offer when he clearly had his mind set and was pre determined on where he was going to go. Im just saying its valuable time that is wasted

#3810 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

why would Rolston play C, and why wouldn't Zubrus be a top 6 RW instead of Clarkson? anybody that watched the tape could see Zubrus played well with Parise and Zajac. unfortunately, the coach wasn't one of those people.

That's a line that I'm hoping gets reunited. A major knock against it last year was that it wasted a center, with Zajac and Zubrus playing together...but now with Arnott we can get away with that.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#3811 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

I don't understand how he passes up on a proven team to a team that may or may not make the playoffs, but whatever.

I concur.

What about this [Kool-aid induced] scenario that keeps Kovy in NJ:

funny. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#3812 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

From nhl.com

" If the Kings are finally able to land Kovalchuk, who has 338 goals in 621 NHL games, they would instantly become Stanley Cup contenders. "

Hahaha this is just hilarious. I mean he is high a end player,but is not like if any team get him, the team would magicaly became a strong contender for the cup.

Agreed. If anything the Kings take several steps backward, because Kovy doesn't play a the type of TEAM oriented game that Murray has built in LA.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3813 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

The team is better than the one we started with last year but we certainly need some more help in many positions.

We are a much BETTER TEAM without Kovy.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3814 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

We get it Kovy...you'd rather contract syphilis, gonohrrea, and clymidia than play for the Devils. Lou, just pull the damn offer already. He's not worth anything near what he's asking for anyway.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3815 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

Pull the offer and offer Zach a 10 year extension.

#3816 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

Im just saying if he really wanted to be in LA would waste Lou and Co. time we could have set our priorities elsewhere. It obvious that he wanted to be in LA no matter what. Why listen to our offer when he clearly had his mind set and was pre determined on where he was going to go. Im just saying its valuable time that is wasted

What could the Devils have done with that time? Chasing Kovalchuk sure means the Devs have been as active in looking for ways to clear up cap space....which they still have to do (if you believe they're not done yet), so what did we miss out on??

Love it! If L.L hadn't tried we'd be whining about it, he did try, still whining fans

Edited by cubanjd305, 12 July 2010 - 07:03 AM.

believe-3devils.jpg

#3817 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

From nhl.com

The Kings had a very good, upside year and are only getting better. lots of good young players on defense offense and goaltending... I believe Kovalchuk would definitley help them compete and become true playoff contenders!

from what I saw of the Kings against the Canucks, they're not nearly ready yet. adding Kovalchuk will not help them in the areas they got ripped to shreds in.

this guy is not Crosby or Ovechkin,
and one of the two still hasn't won anything yet.

Then why does he want crosby or ovechkin money? (10 million a year) ..... I agree with you he is not crosby or ovechkin which is why he is being greedy demanding such a high contract.

We are a much BETTER TEAM without Kovy.

I think we can be. If we couldve kept Kovalchuk it wouldve been great, but we are probably better off. Just very dissapoited in losing so much for basically nothing but another first round exit!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3818 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

i can't wait to see his face if he goes to the kings and misses the playoffs.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3819 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

i can't wait to see his face if he goes to the kings and misses the playoffs.

Would it be the same face as making the playoffs and losing in the first round?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3820 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

Would it be the same face as making the playoffs and losing in the first round?

Slightly different face.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users