• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

Possible TV special for Kovy like Lebron, I loled

http://www.nesn.com/...of-his-own.html
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#3822 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

it's not a real possibility, it's the new york media trying to create it from thin air and force rags' hands to try to get in on it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3823 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

I look at Kovalchuk as a luxury. We don't need him as much as we need an offensive threat from the blue line. However, I think a lot of people are underestimating the Kings even without Kovalchuk. They have the best chance at being the next Blackhawks, as in a team that has a huge turn around from worst to best in about a 3 - 4 year period.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#3824 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

i don't blame Kovalchuck if he signs with the Kings...they have an awesome young team and LA's a great town.
He'll probably get more endorsement deals especially if he's working with AEG...they probably get him tons of marketing $$$ off the NHL books.
the Devils are in decline, the way things are going... would not be surprised if Parise winds up in Toronto in a couple years.

it's starting to look scary...marty's got a couple years left, then what?

Edited by ice dog, 12 July 2010 - 07:59 AM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#3825 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

i don't blame Kovalchuck if he signs with the Kings...they have an awesome young team and LA's a great town.
He'll probably get more endorsement deals especially if he's working with AEG...they probably get him tons of marketing $$$ off the NHL books.
the Devils are in decline, the way things are going... would not be surprised if Parise winds up in Toronto in a couple years.

So maybe he's worried that the Devs will become another Atlanta.
It's the whiskey talking.

#3826 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

I can't wait for next year & the Parise drama lol.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#3827 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

Pull the offer and offer Zach a 10 year extension.

+1
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3828 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

Great. Now I'm all sad.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#3829 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

devil dan wtf are you ranting about

today is the bid day

and thats it

other than that we'll continue to do good

and parise isnt leaving the devils lol

#3830 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Harbinger alert:

Just had a great omen for the Devils to start my day.

The coffee vendor in lower Manhattan that I get my daily coffee fix from served my large coffee in a QuickChek DEVILS cup this morning.

That means KOVY is officially gone and we can focus on winning again.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3831 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

devil dan wtf are you ranting about

today is the bid day

and thats it

other than that we'll continue to do good

and parise isnt leaving the devils lol

Carefully read who posted what. I was responding to Ice Dog.

#3832 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

Ugh you know what? He probably isn't going to sign there. It's just another piece of news that will keep us glued to the computer all damn day... with the way things are going, we probably won't even hear anything today.

But remember, LA is three hours behind. They probably won't even get talks or a meeting underway until 11-12 Eastern time.

#3833 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

Ugh you know what? He probably isn't going to sign there. It's just another piece of news that will keep us glued to the computer all damn day... with the way things are going, we probably won't even hear anything today.

But remember, LA is three hours behind. They probably won't even get talks or a meeting underway until 11-12 Eastern time.

Clearly LA is where Kovy wants to play. How many times do the Kings have to say "nyet", before Grossman has to beg for them to take him and his expensive contract.

Let him go.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3834 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

From nhl.com

" If the Kings are finally able to land Kovalchuk, who has 338 goals in 621 NHL games, they would instantly become Stanley Cup contenders. "

Hahaha this is just hilarious. I mean he is high a end player,but is not like if any team get him, the team would magicaly became a strong contender for the cup.

They absolutely would become a contending team. Very youg, very talented team, adding a 40-50 goal scorer. The only thing standing in the way is whether, as some critics claim, Kovy doesn't play "the right" way, and can never learn how.

If it weren't for Zach just being awesome, I would trade the Devils roster for the Kings in a heart beat.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3835 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

They absolutely would become a contending team. Very youg, very talented team, adding a 40-50 goal scorer. The only thing standing in the way is whether, as some critics claim, Kovy doesn't play "the right" way, and can never learn how.

If it weren't for Zach just being awesome, I would trade the Devils roster for the Kings in a heart beat.

On a deep, contending team.. I don't think Kovy would touch 50 goals or get relatively close.

#3836 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

On a deep, contending team.. I don't think Kovy would touch 50 goals or get relatively close.

if he plays with kopitar this year, i think he can certainly get close.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#3837 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Kopitar might be the most underrated player in the NHL right now. He was off to a blazing start last year before his wingers started getting hurt. If he can figure out a way to stay at that level, and have Kovalchuk on his wing, he'll post big numbers - and Kovy will certainly be able to flirt with 50 goals.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3838 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

It's probably just me, but I think Kovalchuk on a DEEP and CONTENDING team would be a 40 goal, 40 assist guy that is worth somewhere between 5-7 mil. LA and NJ are not Atlanta. He is not going to be THE goal scorer. He is going to have to learn how to be responsible in his own end on either team. If he wants to be THE show, he can go to Russia.

#3839 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Carefully read who posted what. I was responding to Ice Dog.

sorry dan...i forgot to drink my coffee before i wrote that...lol
still...i'm kinda feeling weird about the devils future.

all of a sudden johnny macs the head coach...we got arnott and rolston back...martys on the way out...
and lou is like the emperor with no clothes on.

So maybe he's worried that the Devs will become another Atlanta.

you could be right...LoL!

Edited by ice dog, 12 July 2010 - 09:07 AM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#3840 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

you all need to stop with the LL roller coaster, the guy signs a-train everybody loves him, he stands his ground on kovie everybody hates him. there is a reason why everyone in nhl respects the guy, he gets what he can while maintaining a playoff team, he won't throw it all away just to sign the big name.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users