#3881 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

TGfireandice

Darcy Zajac has signed two-year contract with Albany (AHL). He's Travis Zajac's younger brother.
Posted Image Posted Image

#3882 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

Clarkson should be on the 3rd line with rolston. lets give rolston a smaller role this year, he can still play but obviously not at a major role. keep the expectations low on rolston and let him play a simple defensive responsible game and he'll be fine.

I think the guys in camp both rookie and training camp later on should realize there is a good chance they could get a shot this year and work extra hard to impress and give them a shot at some open/iffy spots in the lineup.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3883 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

An all day meeting suggests, to me, that it's the make it or break it meeting. LA wants Kovy, Kovy wants LA, but if Kovy and LA can't meet on terms after today then they're actually through this time.

It suggests to me that Kovy will settle in terms of asking price to meet LA's cap requirements. I think he really wants to play in LA and although the Kings bailed out twice, they know they have Kovy over a barrel. I think they need to come to terms that won't embarress Kovy or Grossman pubicly (e.g. incentives).
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3884 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

TGfireandice

Darcy Zajac has signed two-year contract with Albany (AHL). He's Travis Zajac's younger brother.

great news.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#3885 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

I still think it's possible Lou signed Clarkson to trade with Toronto for Kaberle. More like hopeful, I guess, but I'd be more than happy to keep him for the checking line. I just don't see him as a top two line forward.

#3886 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Langs isn't moving down to the third line. He'll most likely stay with 9 and 19 on the first line. If he gets bumped to third line his attitude would be even worse than it already has been.

#3887 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#3888 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

That's just not a cup contending team, IMO. I mean we'll still be better than the Rags and Isles and will more than likely make the playoffs with this team, but I still think a big change needs to happen. With or without Kovy.

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Arnie-Clarkson
Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov
Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I'm more concerened about a puck moving D anyway.

#3889 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

One other thing to consider is that Rolston becomes a healthy scratch on a somewhat regular basis, with the hope of giving him the message loud and clear so he has an extra incentive to waive his NTC. He's probably given every chance to succeed early on, but after that, who knows...

don't see this as an issue - trading rolston has much more to do with finding a willing dance partner than it does his NTC. when a player knows he'll be embarrassed and isn't wanted, they'll waive it.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3890 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Langs isn't moving down to the third line. He'll most likely stay with 9 and 19 on the first line. If he gets bumped to third line his attitude would be even worse than it already has been.

Then it's time for him to go. If he can't come to grips with the fact that he's not a top line forward anymore than it's his fault.

#3891 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3892 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

I still think Kovy-Watch lasts until tomorrow. Today the Kings win him over, tomorrow he signs the paperwork.

Edited by mmajeski06, 12 July 2010 - 10:37 AM.

#3893 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson
Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov
Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

PMD should be #1 on the list but I still think we need help on the right.

Parise-Zajac-$$$$$
Elias-Arnott-Zubrus
Rolston-Pelley-Langenbruner
PL3-Jofeson-Zharkov

Kaberle-Greene
Voly-White
Tallinder-Urborn

That's what I'm hoping for. $$$$ means we use the money we were gonna spend on Kovy on Kaberle and a top line RW.

#3894 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson
Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov
Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I don't see Arnie & Clarkson on the same line.

Elias-Arnie-Rolston
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3895 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#3896 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

I assume thiswhole Kovy thing is holding Lou up from making any more moves right now, but the good thing is that the whole kovy thing is preventing anyone else from making any moves as well. Still a decent group of FA Wingers and at least a small handfull of defensemen.

#3897 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!

He went Happy Go Jackel on him like a Donkey eating a Waffle!

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

I just found out about them a couple weeks ago. They are delicious. As for him signing, expect? No. But a boy can dream, a boy can dream...
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#3898 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

Well I was hoping this would end by the time I leave for work at 1...but I guess the time differences make that next to impossible. Oh well. I'll be checking twitter a lot today on my phone.

Edited by mmajeski06, 12 July 2010 - 10:57 AM.

#3899 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

TGfireandice

And Lou's obsession with never getting Niedermayer'ed again continues ...
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#3900 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

We are a much BETTER TEAM without Kovy.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid Manta.

We get it Kovy...you'd rather contract syphilis, gonohrrea, and clymidia than play for the Devils.

:lol:

Could be that Lou isn't willing to throw out the cash and New Jersey's income and property taxes are enough to keep ANYONE away.

Would you imagine that Newark NJ is the most expensive city in the country to own and operate a business? It's true! This state stinks with those financial issues.

And Cali is any better?

Must get Chocolate Cheerios...I hate you for this.

And Lou's obsession with never getting Niedermayer'ed again continues ...

:lol: :clap:

Edited by ben00rs, 12 July 2010 - 11:28 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users