12306 replies to this topic

#4001 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Any new Reports? Or Reports on Reports? Basically, I'm reporting that I'm going through Reporting withdrawal here.

Until your report on reporting withdrawal is confirmed by TG, SD or Brooksie, I'm calling B.S.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#4002 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

I'm not surprised. NJ has always had the "armpit" affiliation. Sure there are some nice, clean places but let's be honest. The Newark area is a dump...get a little farther out and you have a bunch of suburbs. You have NYC sure...that's about it.

It's not really fair to just quickly skip over the "nice" places like that. The suburbs and other affluent areas are some of the best places in the country to live (Short Hills, Mendem, Alpine, etc...) And those places are big draws for athletes looking to settle down and raise a family.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#4003 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Maybe this one, from March '07

http://www.hockeyfor...layer-poll.html

To what city would you least like to be traded
Buffalo - 16%
Edmonton - 11%
NY Islanders - 10%

"If somebody says it's not a nice city to be traded to, I would believe them before I played here. Now that I've been here six months, it's unbelievable for hockey and for life. My wife and I are very Happy." - Jaroslav Spacek

No mention of Newark in the top 3 at least.

Edited by jim777, 12 July 2010 - 01:30 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#4004 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

The funny thing is that even though the Devs get poo-pooed on by the hockey media they seem to be only second to the Red Wings in having the most fans around the country just not the area where the team is based. I've run into mnay folks here in lol who are big Devils fans.

#4005 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Scott Gomez probably also had difficulty finding bums in NYC and poutine in Montreal.

Nope, he played under Torts.

#4006 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Gomez also had trouble finding a pick up truck to jump into in the morning when he was looking for work. How hard is it to hang sheet rock?

#4007 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

It's not really fair to just quickly skip over the "nice" places like that. The suburbs and other affluent areas are some of the best places in the country to live (Short Hills, Mendem, Alpine, etc...) And those places are big draws for athletes looking to settle down and raise a family.

Well yea, but you can really find affluent areas near almost any large city...so for me that wouldn't be a huge draw.

Gomez also had trouble finding a pick up truck to jump into in the morning when he was looking for work. How hard is it to hang sheet rock?

Zinnggggggg

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#4008 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Until your report on reporting withdrawal is confirmed by TG, SD or Brooksie, I'm calling B.S.

HA! How great would it be to actually have TG report: "CAD is going through Reporting Withdrawals. When asked for a comment, Lou Lamoriello looked perplexed, then muttered into his Panera lunch 'Everything is Status Quo and Don't worry about my Cap.' "
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#4009 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

ultimate punishment for gomez; sign his ass to the devils, then trade him to phoenix. have fun showing your papers on the way to work a$$hole.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#4010 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

ultimate punishment for gomez; sign his ass to the devils, then trade him to phoenix. have fun showing your papers on the way to work a$hole.

He'll be one of the many marching in downtown Phoenix for better rights.

I'd love to be a cop on that day and lead the entire parade into the backs of vans.

#4011 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Twitter:

EJHradek_ESPN
When asked if he thought Kovalchuk wanted to be a Devil, Lamoriello thought for a moment before saying, "I have nothing to add." Hmmm.

#4012 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Twitter:

EJHradek_ESPN
When asked if he thought Kovalchuk wanted to be a Devil, Lamoriello thought for a moment before saying, "I have nothing to add." Hmmm.

Lou was just busy pondering a spot to dump the bodies after everyone asking about Kovy goes missing or has an accident of some sort.

#4013 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

He'll be one of the many marching in downtown Phoenix for better rights.

I'd love to be a cop on that day and lead the entire parade into the backs of vans.

You're something else huh?

believe-3devils.jpg

#4014 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

Twitter:

EJHradek_ESPN

That does sound pretty suspicious. Something tells me there is something going on behind the scenes with Grossman and Lou.

#4015 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

You're something else huh?

Eh take what I say with a grain of salt. Usually my political views are the opposite of what I actually say to people.

Most of the times things I say are just to get people to say "uhhh...what?"

#4016 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Well yea, but you can really find affluent areas near almost any large city...so for me that wouldn't be a huge draw.

Short Hills, Livingston and West Orange are all 15-20 minute drives into the city or a 40 minute train ride. From Alpine your ride is about a 30 minute drive.

#4017 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

he's doing his colbert impression. what fun is interwebs if you are truthiful all the time.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#4018 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Good deals are never good for the Devils and their fans when Los Angeles is involved.
I traded my game worn 96 Avs Lemieux and 93 Nieuwendyk Flames jerseys to my friend in LA for a Ducks Pahlsson, Habs Komisarek, Sabres Zubrus and Kings Vishnovsky. Guess who got the good deal on that one. I did get 450 for the Zubrus though.

#4019 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Short Hills, Livingston and West Orange are all 15-20 minute drives into the city or a 40 minute train ride. From Alpine your ride is about a 30 minute drive.

Bloomfield Hills is about 20 miles from Detroit. Same situation really. sh!tty city. Nice suburbs. I still think this applies to virtually all larger cities where you have affluent people working and commuting.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#4020 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Harvey Pekar died :[

he wrote the American Splendor comic and they made a movie about him a few years back

93674ff4-a003-44f3-9d43-31f4d50afc6f.jpgecfebb33-4e78-4585-84fd-72e45e3e484d.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users