12374 replies to this topic

#5481 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

I've just been in a great mood since I saw that Kovy was back on my lunch break. Is it october yet?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#5482 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Devils waiting for league approval

http://blogs.northje...chuks_contract/

The main reason why there apparently have not been more details released on the contract Ilya Kovalchuk agreed to with the Devils earlier today is that it has yet to be approved by the NHL, a source said.

Considering that the league has not voided similar long-term contracts in the past, it would appear unlikely that the it would block Kovalchuk’s contract. Still, because it is a lengthy and apparently complicated deal, the NHL will take a thorough look at it before giving approval.

The Devils will make the official announcement during a news conference at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Prudential Center. As I mentioned earlier, MSG-Plus will not carry the news conference live, but will post it along with interviews on MSG.com later in the day.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5483 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Welcome to the ILYA ERA kids! We should be scary good next season....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5484 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

There's still work to be done. I'm not happy with that roster right now.

#5485 OurMarty'sBetter

OurMarty'sBetter

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

all i got to add to this is say hello to increased ticket prices
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

The celebration starts! The New Jersey Devils for the third time in their history, have won the Stanley Cup. The Devils 3, the Ducks 0. Devils, Stanley Cup Champions!

Well if you aren't having fun you should slow down.. If you aren't breathing then you should get help..
But if you're alive and having fun I recommend you pop open another cold one- Colin
Posted Image

#5486 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

There's still work to be done. I'm not happy with that roster right now.

Like what? Every team is capable of being improved, but I would say we look pretty damn good right now....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5487 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

i hope the 50mil is just bonuses, which i think dont count against the cap

Bonuses do count against the cap (example A, Hedberg's deal which isn't actually for $1.5 million, example B Toews' bonus for winning the Conn Smythe kicking in and further hamstringing the Hawks).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#5488 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Like what? Every team is capable of being improved, but I would say we look pretty damn good right now....

We still can't move the puck as well as need to from the back end.

#5489 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

yup

Kovy... end to end

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5490 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Tedenby in the minors then?

May as well trade him instead of the 1st. Considering we now have 3 of the top 15 LWs in the game, it's not like we're going to need a top 6 guy at that position anytime soon.

#5491 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Possibly. Greene is decent, and supposedly Tallinder is ok? The D should be an interesting group to watch this year....

#5492 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

May as well trade him instead of the 1st. Considering we now have 3 of the top 15 LWs in the game, it's not like we're going to need a top 6 guy at that position anytime soon.

That is of course assuming that no-one on the LW or C gets hurt. Say Elias goes down, or someone at C and Elias is needed to fill in. We need the depth, last season showed that.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#5493 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

convenient that 102 / 17 = 6. That's Elias' cap hit and seemingly a barrier for the team. Makes a statement too regarding where Lou wants to see contracts.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#5494 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

I would not trade him. He has a lot of upside and it would be silly to trade him.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#5495 devalxc

devalxc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

i demand this thread goes to the hall of fame section :dance:
Posted Image

#5496 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Now trade his ass to the kings for Johnson and Kopitar!!

Lou would be all like "nobody makes lou wait!!! NOBODY!!!!"

This really made me LLOL(extra L for literally)
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#5497 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

i demand this thread goes to the hall of fame section :dance:

It will be there before week's end

#5498 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

I would not trade him. He has a lot of upside and it would be silly to trade him.

Ya, there's no reason to just throw away a prospect.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5499 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Or you shift him to right wing and keep a developed asset.

Tallinder has an excellent first pass, Greene can move the puck and Urbom moves the puck well.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#5500 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

Or you shift him to right wing and keep a developed asset.

Tallinder has an excellent first pass, Greene can move the puck and Urbom moves the puck well.

i'm trying to think of teams that have two players who consistently play on their off-wing. the devils could potentially have 4 if they kept tedenby.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users