http://twitpic.com/272viq :whistling:

#5662 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Still stunned we got him; it's like a dream. An offensive powerhouse with an insane wrist shot now a Devils lifer by choice....... I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets today :)

Your numbers: 17 17 17 17 17 Mega: 17

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5663 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Can't wait to see what the opening image on the Rock during gamenight is going to look like.

#5664 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hey, I'll jump on the Kovalchuk Army bandwagon. This guy has to be good for us. Defense wins games, but OFFENSE makes it exciting to watch. We need more than just Zach out there. All they have to do is double team him and there goes our secret weapon. :koolaid:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#5665 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."
Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.
Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

#5666 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."
Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.
Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

Lou's boss is taking the heat... make things work better going forward... Lou 100% orchestrates the whole thing.

need to do the same with Parise before they change the rules

don't believe, "it wasn't up to me" bs from Lou

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

#5667 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

:offtopic:
In one last time before this bad boy goes to the HOF

hxMQPDl.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#5668 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Here's the pen Ilya Kovalchuk used to sign his new contract with the Devils. #njdevils #kovyhttp://twitpic.com/2731yy

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5669 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hey I lost a post I was going to quote here...

(how'd I do for useless space take post, eh? eh???? :uni: )

All guests log in - register and just say hello why dont you all?

but seriously -- I would like to know how many different posters took part in this thread -- not us psycho blabber mouths..

Hey, speaking of which, too bad Derek didn't post here... back in the day he couldnt have left this alone!

I'm here for the party

#5670 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

With all this stuff going on with Kovy I am interested to hear what Zach has to say. Parise should still become the face of the Devils when Marty is gone, as well as wear the "C". Going on the Devils website and seeing all the Kovy stuff everywhere I'd like Zach to know we haven't forgotten about him.

815631765.gif

#5671 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 July 2010 - 02:32 PM.

I'm here for the party

#5672 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Bunch of vids up on nhl.com

http://video.nhl.com...tid=35&id=74062

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5673 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

I want to see Kovy - Arnott - Elias on a line. You wanna talk about domination. A line 2.0

#5674 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

I was adding to Msweet's point. I'm not really sure where I stand on this. What goes down in the Devils Lair is really unknown.

I could definitely see Lou not wanting to play the "star-player game" and give a ridiculously long contract to one player. Maybe Lou's comments hinted at Lou's frustration with JVB.

Then again, Lou is always well in control of his emotions and he never really gives a straight story to the media. Instead his words are always filled with symbols, metaphors and foreshadowing. It's not like Lou, to just point the finger at JVB like that, even if it was true.

Think about it. If it really was JVB's call only, would Lou ever let us know that?

#5675 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [Brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

He also basically said that they went to LA because his wife wanted to.

#5676 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [Brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

Yea that was my favorite part.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5677 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#5678 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

I know... :giggle:

Do they have a video of the actual press conference?

I'm here for the party

#5679 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image Can't watch the NHL vids at work 'cause of the adobe version. Couldn't watch the press conf due to the same reason, Posted Image

I can't stand "yip" dogs like Kovalchuks and the one in pk's siggy Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#5680 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Patty looks awesome with glasses :giggle:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users