12374 replies to this topic

#5681 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Called out of work sick yesterday. Tried to lay down and get some rest but my phone kept blowing up about Kovy staying in Jersey. :lol:

What can I say? Just as I was getting used to the idea that he was only here for a brief stay, he becomes a lifer. Crazy.

I don't like the overload at LW. But ... uh ... that's about it as far as negatives go from my POV. This guy is the shiznittlebamzipzapzap! I said it when we traded for him, but a team with Kovalchuk and Parise leading the way can compete with Crosby/Malkin and Ovechkin/Semin/Backstrom. Top-heavy at forward seems to be the way to go. We now fit that bill. Nice cap hit too.

Of course, we can't fully judge this until we see what moves are made to fit that cap hit, but ....

In Lou We Trust.

I'm pretty sure I've been saying everything you just said for months now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5682 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Oooo the backs of peoples heads.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#5683 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hmm first thank you is his wife for "understanding"....haha
Posted Image Posted Image

#5684 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

I'm moving this thread into the Hall of Fame soon... think we get to 300 pages before then?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5685 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

So........who's gonna print the thread out so Kovy can sign it? :lol:

Edited by parisebrandon1994, 20 July 2010 - 12:43 PM.

25smul5.png

#5686 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Well that's the end of that. This thread has been great. :cheers:
Posted Image Posted Image

#5687 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm moving this thread into the Hall of Fame soon... think we get to 300 pages before then?

I'd love to see it happen (mostly coz that's what I predicted), but today's press conference felt a bit like the last day of school before everyone heads off for summer vacation.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#5688 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

i think you have to wait until it goes a day w/o a post first - there could be stragglers.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#5689 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

i think you have to wait until it goes a day w/o a post first - there could be stragglers.

I'm counting on those stragglers to get us there!

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5690 RolandNJD

RolandNJD

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

Ok i thought Canadians were supposed to be intelligent fans. So why then is every comment on tsn questioning how Kovy will play in his 40's?

We're not. We overanalyze things way too much.
Go Devils.

#5691 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

And that's the end of our thread....DONK.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#5692 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm counting on those stragglers to get us there!

or we change the name of it to just "As the Kovy Turns" and use it to praise or chastize him during the season after every game. it could reach epic scale

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#5693 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

or we change the name of it to just "As the Kovy Turns" and use it to praise or chastize him during the season after every game. it could reach epic scale

that's funny

#5694 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Still stunned we got him; it's like a dream. An offensive powerhouse with an insane wrist shot now a Devils lifer by choice....... I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets today :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#5695 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

http://twitpic.com/272viq :whistling:

#5696 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Still stunned we got him; it's like a dream. An offensive powerhouse with an insane wrist shot now a Devils lifer by choice....... I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets today :)

Your numbers: 17 17 17 17 17 Mega: 17

#5697 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Can't wait to see what the opening image on the Rock during gamenight is going to look like.

#5698 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hey, I'll jump on the Kovalchuk Army bandwagon. This guy has to be good for us. Defense wins games, but OFFENSE makes it exciting to watch. We need more than just Zach out there. All they have to do is double team him and there goes our secret weapon. :koolaid:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#5699 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."
Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.
Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

#5700 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice
Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."
Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.
Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

Lou's boss is taking the heat... make things work better going forward... Lou 100% orchestrates the whole thing.

need to do the same with Parise before they change the rules

don't believe, "it wasn't up to me" bs from Lou

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users