Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

:offtopic:
In one last time before this bad boy goes to the HOF

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5702 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Here's the pen Ilya Kovalchuk used to sign his new contract with the Devils. #njdevils #kovyhttp://twitpic.com/2731yy

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5703 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hey I lost a post I was going to quote here...

(how'd I do for useless space take post, eh? eh???? :uni: )

All guests log in - register and just say hello why dont you all?

but seriously -- I would like to know how many different posters took part in this thread -- not us psycho blabber mouths..

Hey, speaking of which, too bad Derek didn't post here... back in the day he couldnt have left this alone!

I'm here for the party

#5704 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

With all this stuff going on with Kovy I am interested to hear what Zach has to say. Parise should still become the face of the Devils when Marty is gone, as well as wear the "C". Going on the Devils website and seeing all the Kovy stuff everywhere I'd like Zach to know we haven't forgotten about him.

815631765.gif

#5705 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 July 2010 - 02:32 PM.

I'm here for the party

#5706 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Bunch of vids up on nhl.com

http://video.nhl.com...tid=35&id=74062

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5707 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

I want to see Kovy - Arnott - Elias on a line. You wanna talk about domination. A line 2.0

#5708 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

I was adding to Msweet's point. I'm not really sure where I stand on this. What goes down in the Devils Lair is really unknown.

I could definitely see Lou not wanting to play the "star-player game" and give a ridiculously long contract to one player. Maybe Lou's comments hinted at Lou's frustration with JVB.

Then again, Lou is always well in control of his emotions and he never really gives a straight story to the media. Instead his words are always filled with symbols, metaphors and foreshadowing. It's not like Lou, to just point the finger at JVB like that, even if it was true.

Think about it. If it really was JVB's call only, would Lou ever let us know that?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5709 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [Brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

He also basically said that they went to LA because his wife wanted to.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#5710 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [Brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

Yea that was my favorite part.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5711 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#5712 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

I know... :giggle:

Do they have a video of the actual press conference?

I'm here for the party

#5713 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image Can't watch the NHL vids at work 'cause of the adobe version. Couldn't watch the press conf due to the same reason, Posted Image

I can't stand "yip" dogs like Kovalchuks and the one in pk's siggy Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#5714 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Patty looks awesome with glasses :giggle:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#5715 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

Patty looks awesome with glasses :giggle:

Aren't you glad Kovy isn't dead? Funniest joke of the whole thread, so much so I even nominated you for the funniest poster award on the boards

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5716 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Aren't you glad Kovy isn't dead? Funniest joke of the whole thread, so much so I even nominated you for the funniest poster award on the boards

Hahah, I noticed that. Thank you, sir.

And yeah, I'm glad that he's not dead. Let's hope he stays alive for 17 more years.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#5717 hobgoblin933

hobgoblin933

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

http://video.nhl.com...id=616&id=74052

for anyone who just wants to see the conference and doesn't have time to search through the previous pages. B )

#5718 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

It was Lou's call.. From Rich Chere start-ledger

So I did speak to Vanderbeek about it.

"No, this is not my signing," Vanderbeek said. "It was a combination of the whole organization. Certainly Lou did a lot of the heavy lifting. My partner, Mike Gilfillan, was very supportive and helpful. This is never just about one person.

"We did what we could to put our best foot forward. You make a decision and you don't look back."

There are people who won't believe Lamoriello pushed for this because of the salary and length of the contract.

"I would just say those people don't really know him well," Vanderbeek said. "Lou is all about giving the organization the best chance to succeed. T
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5719 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

unless you've heard different, jacques lemaire will coach this team next season

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#5720 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

I have to admit they played it out well. I wonder were Hollywood is to talk about AEG and how big the pull of the Kings are!
Anyway for the money I like the deal I have changed my tune after listening to that conference and seeing part of the team I am just dying for some Hockey Go Devils 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users