#6021 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

For those with XM:

@xmhomeice Ilya Kovalchuk's agent Jay Grossman is scheduled to join Mike Ross tomorrow at 8:05 am ET on NHL Home Ice
Posted Image

#6022 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

dchesnokov: According to @ehornick Ilya Kovalchuk's agent is supposed to be on XM at 8:05am

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say so. I expect something along the lines of "the deal is 100% CBA-compliant and we have nothing to hide. We will be filing a grievance and going to arbitration"

I agree
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#6023 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

dchesnokov: According to @ehornick Ilya Kovalchuk's agent is supposed to be on XM at 8:05am

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say so. I expect something along the lines of "the deal is 100% CBA-compliant and we have nothing to hide. We will be filing a grievance and going to arbitration"

i'll be at work at this point, i really wish i could get an update about this interview!

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#6024 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

Sh!t like this makes sports tougher and tougher to deal with. The NBA does nothing about a ref fixing games, MLB and FIFA refuse to use technology to get calls right, and the NHL arbitrarily applies rules only when they hurt the teams they don't like. I'd like to take the moral high ground and abandon the sport completely because of this, speak with my wallet and all that, but you know what? I'm too fvcking pissed and too fvcking loyal to this team. Maybe sports should just be fun, and maybe there are multiple real problems and it's not fair or logical of me to get this emotional about a game, but this season just became a war. I want to run up scores, and flip off the other teams. I want Leblond to intentionally injure Crosby, Ovie, and anyone important on an original 6 team. I want Lou to bring back Peters if Leblond gets suspended. I want Stevens to go to the league office and kill Bettman. But more than any of that, I want to win this cup to prove to the league that, no matter how much they want to, they can't kill the fvcking Devils. They tried to send us to Nashville, they changed the rules to hurt our players, they stood in our way when we tried to sign a legal contract (and I hear what tri and 731 are saying about the terms, and the legality, but if we were a sexier team, the NHL would turn the other way), but we have a proud team, the best fvcking GM in the sport, and, no matter what every assh0le fan from everywhere else says, a fan base I'd go to war with in a second. It's time for all of us to band together against the world. Fvck speaking with my wallet, I'm going to more games this year, and I'll travel with the team so I can laugh at every other fvcking fan when we kick their asses. This is supposed to be fun, and maybe it will be, but the NHL has done the best they can to suck the fun out of the game for Devils fans, and the only way I see it being worth it is if we can laugh in their fvcking faces drinking kool-aid out of the cup.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#6025 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

talk about a personal PR nightmare if he tries to go elsewhere

I agree 100%

#6026 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

the flyers phags are eating this up. they moved their forum to eaglesphans.com. they seem to be getting off to it. or just reading into it too much. they're even going so far as to predict Parise will be gone by 2012. Philly is such a haven for morons.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#6027 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

Kovy ain't leaving the Devils period. The only thing this can change is who the Devils have to trade and MAYBE how much money they can give Parise. But chances are the Devils win this case and nothing changes.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#6028 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

Sh!t like this makes sports tougher and tougher to deal with. The NBA does nothing about a ref fixing games, MLB and FIFA refuse to use technology to get calls right, and the NHL arbitrarily applies rules only when they hurt the teams they don't like. I'd like to take the moral high ground and abandon the sport completely because of this, speak with my wallet and all that, but you know what? I'm too fvcking pissed and too fvcking loyal to this team. Maybe sports should just be fun, and maybe there are multiple real problems and it's not fair or logical of me to get this emotional about a game, but this season just became a war. I want to run up scores, and flip off the other teams. I want Leblond to intentionally injure Crosby, Ovie, and anyone important on an original 6 team. I want Lou to bring back Peters if Leblond gets suspended. I want Stevens to go to the league office and kill Bettman. But more than any of that, I want to win this cup to prove to the league that, no matter how much they want to, they can't kill the fvcking Devils. They tried to send us to Nashville, they changed the rules to hurt our players, they stood in our way when we tried to sign a legal contract (and I hear what tri and 731 are saying about the terms, and the legality, but if we were a sexier team, the NHL would turn the other way), but we have a proud team, the best fvcking GM in the sport, and, no matter what every assh0le fan from everywhere else says, a fan base I'd go to war with in a second. It's time for all of us to band together against the world. Fvck speaking with my wallet, I'm going to more games this year, and I'll travel with the team so I can laugh at every other fvcking fan when we kick their asses. This is supposed to be fun, and maybe it will be, but the NHL has done the best they can to suck the fun out of the game for Devils fans, and the only way I see it being worth it is if we can laugh in their fvcking faces drinking kool-aid out of the cup.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

believe-3devils.jpg

#6029 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

+1 :clap:

#6030 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

Lombardi thinks the union will fight the rejection

http://lakingsinside...its-never-over/
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#6031 avs21

avs21

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

If I were Ilya Kovalchuk I would spend all of my cash on "potato" vodka and russian hookers. Not too mention the fact his tone of communication is composed of Kavkaz and Tatarin descent. We call them churkas!

#6032 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

I think its going to arbitration.I don't see Lou backing of this deal.

Lou is Lou and I think Lou might just be pissed off right now (just as much as we are) and he will IMO be looking to keep this deal just for the sake of giving Bettman a big big F-U.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#6033 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

Lombardi thinks the union will fight the rejection

http://lakingsinside...its-never-over/

there goes my theory of him laughing his ass off at us

#6034 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

i really want to make this my signature

#6035 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

DOUCHE!

Posted Image

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#6036 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

I feel bad for Kovalchuk's family. They were finally able to settle down and now they have to deal with this

#6037 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

i really want to make this my signature

Good idea.....I'll take an excerpt hehe

believe-3devils.jpg

#6038 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,632 posts

Lou is Lou

Interesting point. :P

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#6039 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

+1000000000000000000000000000000 Now this just lit me up.Lou is keeping Kovy and by the end of the week Bettman will have a 2 foot long Devil horn up his ass.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#6040 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,074 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

the fact that grossman is going on the radio so quickly suggests that they are definitely filing a grievance.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users