12306 replies to this topic

#6681 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

I wonder why he looks so unshaven in this photo; he was pretty pristine for the press conference which must have been around the same time this was taken? maybe poor quality video or maybe I'm imagining things due to my enkovalchantment

Is the photo from when we traded for him maybe?

1dun.jpg

#6682 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

it was on yahoo sports. apparently they said he posed for publicity pics after the presser.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#6683 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

It's probably a legal thing until the contract dispute is resolved. Didn't the NHL ruling say something about Kovalchuk not being able to honor the contract at all until it's resolved? Therefore the team can't legally advertise him being on the team yet. At least that's how I understood it.

Per my inquiry:

Posted Image EJHradek_ESPN FYI, PA lawyers Matt Nussbaum and Roman Stoykewych will be key players for the union if (when) they opt to grieve NHL/Kovy decision

#6684 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:10 AM

i cant sleep this has me up all night

#6685 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

I've got fvck all to do the rest of the day. Please make something happen.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#6686 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

We neeed kovy!

Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#6687 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

OK, then...
Posted Image

I needed a new desktop background :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6688 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

When Kovy is eventually officially signed I am getting a #17 Jersey with "This is team" on the back.

#6689 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

When Kovy is eventually officially signed I am getting a #17 Jersey with "This is team" on the back.

No.

#6690 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,554 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

This is team is so adorable... I hope it stays team.

so does the NHL have emails or something? Did Grossman say something to LA - like NJ is giving us 17 years to avoid a cap hit and they turned him in? I do think it's obviously Daly feels they have additional information they can bring to the table beyond the contract itself as 731 wrote.

But then again so many times you feel people in positions of power making risky moves have a plan, have thought the whole thing through, when in fact they're just winging it.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM.

I'm here for the party

#6691 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

No.

Who the fvck are you to tell me no? I wasn't asking the boards permission. You can go suck my hockey stick.

#6692 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Who the fvck are you to tell me no? I wasn't asking the boards permission. You can go suck my hockey stick.

You were not asking for permission, but I gave my opinion which I am allowed to do the last time I remember. You do not have to take it but I personally feel it looks dumb.

#6693 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

You were not asking for permission, but I gave my opinion which I am allowed to do the last time I remember. You do not have to take it but I personally feel it looks dumb.

Care to elaborate why you think it looks dumb? I sure as hell can elaborate on why I think it rocks.

#6694 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

I thought this was a funny title :)

The Day the Devils Told the NHL, 'Circumvent This'

According to several reports, the NHL warned the Devils on Monday that they were rejecting Kovalchuk's loophole-laden contract and they really might want to re-consider staging a formal announcement.

The Devils brought in a great media crowd to Newark for a Tuesday in mid-July, including players such as Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Jamie Langenbrunner and Patrick Elias as well, and held the event anyway.

In other words, if the reports are true, the New Jersey Devils -- led by Hall of Fame franchise builder and league power broker Lou Lamoriello -- told the NHL, "Circumvent this."

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6695 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

Care to elaborate why you think it looks dumb? I sure as hell can elaborate on why I think it rocks.

because its a jersey foul...big time.

great for an internet handle and avatar, but not for a $300 jersey.

#6696 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Still better than an "Oates" jersey! LOL

(running away fast.......................)

believe-elias.jpg

#6697 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

Putting sayings or phrases on jerseys are and have always been dumb. I have elaborated on this before on another thread, but people still defended it. Mostly they were teens and since you are above the age of 20, it just looks silly. I can let a nickname slide on a jersey, but slogans, sayings, and phrases look just terrible. It is a $150 cry for attention that most people will not care about.

#6698 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

because its a jersey foul...big time.

great for an internet handle and avatar, but not for a $300 jersey.

Agreed. Also ever noticed that on Jersey Fouls on Puck Daddy, it is mostly Devils, Pens, Sens, and Sharks fans that appear the most? Granted Greg is a Devils fan, but I feel that is pretty accurate. I have been to a handful of arenas in the league and I do not see other teams fans go nuts with the phrases and other stuff on their jersey.

#6699 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

I thought this was a funny title :)

The Day the Devils Told the NHL, 'Circumvent This'

According to several reports, the NHL warned the Devils on Monday that they were rejecting Kovalchuk's loophole-laden contract and they really might want to re-consider staging a formal announcement.

The Devils brought in a great media crowd to Newark for a Tuesday in mid-July, including players such as Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Jamie Langenbrunner and Patrick Elias as well, and held the event anyway.

In other words, if the reports are true, the New Jersey Devils -- led by Hall of Fame franchise builder and league power broker Lou Lamoriello -- told the NHL, "Circumvent this."

Thanks for posting that.

We've all been throwing around references to the Luongo, Hossa, etc. contracts, but I really like how this article worded it:

As has been well-documented on NHL FanHouse and everywhere else that's still writing about hockey in July, how did the NHL decide Kovalchuk's 17-year deal was where it needed to draw the line? Stud Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo can make $1 million at the end of a 12-year deal at age 43, but Kovalchuk cannot make $550,000 at the same age? Just a year ago, the NHL approved a 12-year contract in which Chicago forward Marian Hossa will see his salary hit a low of $750,000 at age 42. Hossa's salary cap hit for the next 12 years is $5.2 million, Luongo's is $5.3 million for the same term, yet the Devils cannot get the blessing for Kovalchuk's hit of $6 million for the next 17 years?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#6700 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,573 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

This from the NY Post:

Union preparing case to defend Ilya deal

http://www.nypost.co...BtabDQJkU7MhNTJ

It is believed the Players Association and Ilya Kovalchuk are preparing the "legal case" that would most likely involve a grievance filing by Tuesday. Failing a subsequent negotiation session settlement, Kovalchuk's $102 million, 17-year contract and its rejection by the league would be submitted to an arbitrator.

There was no Devils-NHL negotiation toward a contract revision yesterday, a high source told The Post.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users