• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

OK, then...
Posted Image

I needed a new desktop background :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6722 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

When Kovy is eventually officially signed I am getting a #17 Jersey with "This is team" on the back.

#6723 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

When Kovy is eventually officially signed I am getting a #17 Jersey with "This is team" on the back.

No.

#6724 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

This is team is so adorable... I hope it stays team.

so does the NHL have emails or something? Did Grossman say something to LA - like NJ is giving us 17 years to avoid a cap hit and they turned him in? I do think it's obviously Daly feels they have additional information they can bring to the table beyond the contract itself as 731 wrote.

But then again so many times you feel people in positions of power making risky moves have a plan, have thought the whole thing through, when in fact they're just winging it.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 July 2010 - 09:18 AM.

I'm here for the party

#6725 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

No.

Who the fvck are you to tell me no? I wasn't asking the boards permission. You can go suck my hockey stick.

#6726 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Who the fvck are you to tell me no? I wasn't asking the boards permission. You can go suck my hockey stick.

You were not asking for permission, but I gave my opinion which I am allowed to do the last time I remember. You do not have to take it but I personally feel it looks dumb.

#6727 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

You were not asking for permission, but I gave my opinion which I am allowed to do the last time I remember. You do not have to take it but I personally feel it looks dumb.

Care to elaborate why you think it looks dumb? I sure as hell can elaborate on why I think it rocks.

#6728 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

I thought this was a funny title :)

The Day the Devils Told the NHL, 'Circumvent This'

According to several reports, the NHL warned the Devils on Monday that they were rejecting Kovalchuk's loophole-laden contract and they really might want to re-consider staging a formal announcement.

The Devils brought in a great media crowd to Newark for a Tuesday in mid-July, including players such as Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Jamie Langenbrunner and Patrick Elias as well, and held the event anyway.

In other words, if the reports are true, the New Jersey Devils -- led by Hall of Fame franchise builder and league power broker Lou Lamoriello -- told the NHL, "Circumvent this."

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6729 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

Care to elaborate why you think it looks dumb? I sure as hell can elaborate on why I think it rocks.

because its a jersey foul...big time.

great for an internet handle and avatar, but not for a $300 jersey.

#6730 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Still better than an "Oates" jersey! LOL

(running away fast.......................)

believe-elias.jpg

#6731 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

Putting sayings or phrases on jerseys are and have always been dumb. I have elaborated on this before on another thread, but people still defended it. Mostly they were teens and since you are above the age of 20, it just looks silly. I can let a nickname slide on a jersey, but slogans, sayings, and phrases look just terrible. It is a $150 cry for attention that most people will not care about.

#6732 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Agreed. Also ever noticed that on Jersey Fouls on Puck Daddy, it is mostly Devils, Pens, Sens, and Sharks fans that appear the most? Granted Greg is a Devils fan, but I feel that is pretty accurate. I have been to a handful of arenas in the league and I do not see other teams fans go nuts with the phrases and other stuff on their jersey.

#6733 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

I thought this was a funny title :)

The Day the Devils Told the NHL, 'Circumvent This'

According to several reports, the NHL warned the Devils on Monday that they were rejecting Kovalchuk's loophole-laden contract and they really might want to re-consider staging a formal announcement.

The Devils brought in a great media crowd to Newark for a Tuesday in mid-July, including players such as Martin Brodeur, Zach Parise, Jamie Langenbrunner and Patrick Elias as well, and held the event anyway.

In other words, if the reports are true, the New Jersey Devils -- led by Hall of Fame franchise builder and league power broker Lou Lamoriello -- told the NHL, "Circumvent this."

Thanks for posting that.

We've all been throwing around references to the Luongo, Hossa, etc. contracts, but I really like how this article worded it:

As has been well-documented on NHL FanHouse and everywhere else that's still writing about hockey in July, how did the NHL decide Kovalchuk's 17-year deal was where it needed to draw the line? Stud Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo can make $1 million at the end of a 12-year deal at age 43, but Kovalchuk cannot make $550,000 at the same age? Just a year ago, the NHL approved a 12-year contract in which Chicago forward Marian Hossa will see his salary hit a low of $750,000 at age 42. Hossa's salary cap hit for the next 12 years is $5.2 million, Luongo's is $5.3 million for the same term, yet the Devils cannot get the blessing for Kovalchuk's hit of $6 million for the next 17 years?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#6734 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

This from the NY Post:

Union preparing case to defend Ilya deal

http://www.nypost.co...BtabDQJkU7MhNTJ

It is believed the Players Association and Ilya Kovalchuk are preparing the "legal case" that would most likely involve a grievance filing by Tuesday. Failing a subsequent negotiation session settlement, Kovalchuk's $102 million, 17-year contract and its rejection by the league would be submitted to an arbitrator.

There was no Devils-NHL negotiation toward a contract revision yesterday, a high source told The Post.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#6735 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Who said I am paying $300 for a jersey? You gotta be out of your fvcking mind if you think I will pay that much.

A Jersey "foul"? Someone please forward me the long standing rules that have been established by league fans on the "proper" wear and customization of NHL jerseys. Stop trying to impose your standards on me. I do not waste my time trying to seek yours or anyones approval other then my family and my co-workers that depend on me.

#6736 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

LOL!! Can you do better than that? Your argument = fail.

Why would you care what anyone gets on their jersey anyway? You paying for it, or wearing it?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#6737 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Why would you care what anyone gets on their jersey anyway? You paying for it, or wearing it?

Exactly, and as to the argument others are making about "well other teams fans don't do it"... well fvck the other teams fans. Stop trying to be like them. What makes our team, and our fanbase unique is that we DON'T do what the other guys do. So please excuse me while I inject a little originality into our franchises fanbase. All you other conformists can go sit in line with the other sheepish NHL fans.

#6738 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Who said I am paying $300 for a jersey? You gotta be out of your fvcking mind if you think I will pay that much.

A Jersey "foul"? Someone please forward me the long standing rules that have been established by league fans on the "proper" wear and customization of NHL jerseys. Stop trying to impose your standards on me. I do not waste my time trying to seek yours or anyones approval other then my family and my co-workers that depend on me.

pay whatever you want for a jersey. i dont really care, just an example of going out of the way to buy authentic with personalization. yes, its possible to get it cheaper. but that's not the point. its a massive waste of money to put what YOU want on the back of a jersey.

He obviously cares if he thought to respond to my post. Honestly, I feel bad for everyone with the jersey fouls that get shown on Puck Daddy, not because they're on there but what mustve been going through their minds when they thought, "THis is a GREAT idea. I MUST put it on my JERSEY!"

Edited by njdevsfn95, 23 July 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#6739 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Put whatever you want on your jersey, who cares? A friend of mine used to wear a Rags jersey that said "Headboard" on the back, with the number 69 on it. He fancied himself a headboard ranger LOL. I remember telling him he should be fronting a band in that jersey :lol:

believe-elias.jpg

#6740 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Exactly, and as to the argument others are making about "well other teams fans don't do it"... well fvck the other teams fans. Stop trying to be like them. What makes our team, and our fanbase unique is that we DON'T do what the other guys do. So please excuse me while I inject a little originality into our franchises fanbase. All you other conformists can go sit in line with the other sheepish NHL fans.

nothing wrong with originality.

but then again, you're putting "This Is Team" on the back of a jersey with the specific #17. kind of hypocritical even though it came from Kovalchuk, plenty of players have said that or something similar in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users