12374 replies to this topic

#6781 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Why is it okay to have a nickname but not a phrase? And why do you care so much about what other people do with their jerseys? As long as they're not supporting the jersey counterfeiters, why does it matter what they put on there? It's their friggin money, let them do what they want. Stop being such a tool telling people what they can and can't do with their own jersey. You really think stuff like that makes our fanbase look stupid? That's just ridiculous. And at least if you disagreed with people respectfully, that would be different, but you come off as a real jackass.

I like all my jerseys to be 100% accurate, I would never get a saying, phrase, nickname, or my name put on a jersey, but those are my own rules for myself, I'm not going to run around saying hey I think jerseys should only have players' names on them, so your jersey sucks.

That is your opinion, and I have mine. All I said to him when he suggested the #17 Jersey with Kovy's quote was no. He then flew off the handle and got all defensive. He should have just laughed it off and if he really wanted to get it and loved the idea, then he should purchase it and end of story. Now he is threatening to sue people.

Nicknames pertain to a person, whether a player or the person who bought the jersey. That has a deeper connection to the fan and usually they put it in there really not for the sole purpose of getting noticed/reactions from other fans. Putting a slogan on there is a clear attempt at getting a reaction from other fans and is a cry for attention. That is just trying too hard.

#6782 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

I'm not entirely sure how much trouble they'll be able to create in the future if this goes to arbitration and the contract stands because of the wording in the CBA. The possibility that floodgates will open becomes a very real one - might as well sign Parise up to a 20 year contract ASAP if this goes through.

Its the leagues own fault for leaving the loophole in the first place and not challenging the very first "retirement" contract that was submitted.

#6783 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

Its the leagues own fault for leaving the loophole in the first place and not challenging the very first "retirement" contract that was submitted.

I'm right there with you brother, couldn't agree more. The whole CBA was designed to stick it to the players as hard as the players could be stuck -I'm glad there's a Stanley Cup sized loophole in it. I just hope it doesn't cost a season to close it.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6784 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Who's gonna be the first to get a Devils No. 17 jersey with "CIRCUMVENTION" on the back?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#6785 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Who's gonna be the first to get a Devils No. 17 jersey with "CIRCUMVENTION" on the back?

No. (Would you like to be the person who would get this and from far away have a jersey that at first quick glance looks like circumcision?")

Edited by DevsMan84, 23 July 2010 - 11:26 AM.

#6786 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

No. (Would you like to be the person who would get this and from far away have a jersey that at first quick glance looks like circumcision?")

I don't think a Devils fan would get this jersey... unless it's a Kovy hater.
Posted Image

#6787 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Ah poo it won't let me insert a file.

Edited by njdevil26, 23 July 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#6788 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

yeah the image has to be somewhere on the web, not on a local computer. best bet is if you have a photobucket or post it in your gallery on here and img tag in a post with the url of the file.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#6789 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

yeah the image has to be somewhere on the web, not on a local computer. best bet is if you have a photobucket or post it in your gallery on here and img tag in a post with the url of the file.

Yeah I created a Devils jersey with the name as CIRCUMVENT 17 but I saved it on the computer.
Ahhhh forget it lol

#6790 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

the good news is we will know by then end of Tuesday July 27 if the NHLPA files a grievance or not.

#6791 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I fvcking hate those people.

What about those women who in all seriousness start cutting ahead of you with a smile on their face saying some sh!t like "I'm really busy, so I'm just going to slip in here"

WTF? I told this dame "No - pick your stuff up and move to the end of the line -- " I couldn't get the whole diatribe out before she had picked up the crap she put on the conveyer belt and scuttled away. I wanted to ask her why she'd ever think her time was more valuable than anyone else. I'm sure I let go with a "crazy bitch" or something similar...

I'm here for the party

#6792 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Let's talk about how sexy that Radulov video is in slow mo?

Something I NEVER thought I'd write in the same sentence - sexy and Radulov :yucky: nor did I ever think showboating after a goal was hot... hmeh what can you do :noclue:

thanks haha

#6793 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

What about those women who in all seriousness start cutting ahead of you with a smile on their face saying some sh!t like "I'm really busy, so I'm just going to slip in here"

WTF? I told this dame "No - pick your stuff up and move to the end of the line -- " I couldn't get the whole diatribe out before she had picked up the crap she put on the conveyer belt and scuttled away. I wanted to ask her why she'd ever think her time was more valuable than anyone else. I'm sure I let go with a "crazy bitch" or something similar...

These women are usually between the ages of 30 to 50 with a business-woman look to them so they feel entitled to this type of treatment. I also hate people who are ahead of me in line, start cursing or yelling at the cashier for something that was either the customer's fault or corporate's fault that was out of their hands and then the irate customer turns to me and says "don't you agree that this is wrong?!" I usually tell them to keep me out of their dumb sh!t or tell them that they are an idiot customer and to stop pestering the poor cashier. God I hate these people and I've had cashiers give me discounts because I stood up for them.

#6794 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

How about this:

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#6795 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

How about this:

Posted Image

i like

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#6796 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

How about this:

Posted Image

:hail:

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#6797 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

I like me some posted images :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6798 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

That jersey is beautiful....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6799 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#6800 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

That's sheer gold right there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users