New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant anyone "tweet" and say " I think Kovalchuk may sign a new contract with Devils today or tomorrow?" LOL.

I mean, I could say. There is a chance he is going to sign sometime between now and the start of the season and be correct. lol

Cant anyone "tweet" and say " I think Kovalchuk may sign a new contract with Devils today or tomorrow?" LOL.

I mean, I could say. There is a chance he is going to sign sometime between now and the start of the season and be correct. lol

sure but the account who tracks russian players is usually very reliable with his news.

sure but the account who tracks russian players is usually very reliable with his news.

Thats probably true... but with how this kovalchuk stuff has gone, its hard to take anyone serious until we hear a official announcement and approval from the nhl.

Do we get a signing on page 476?

We would both have to change our usernames.

Yea that would suck. I'd like to see him retire a Devil and be in the rafters next to Stevens Dano & Marty.

4+7+6. I thought we've been trying to predict this for awhile.

That would be too freaky lol.

I say we hit 500 pages before an official announced approved contract.

if this tweet is to be believed, i doubt we reach 480. and i don't think new jersey is going to be messing around with the league office again. i hope to see a 13 year deal at 88 million, front-loaded, w/ a short tail that ends at 2 million.

if this tweet is to be believed, i doubt we reach 480. and i don't think new jersey is going to be messing around with the league office again. i hope to see a 13 year deal at 88 million, front-loaded, w/ a short tail that ends at 2 million.

not sure what deal to expect but I think Kovy wants the same money as the first deal (or very close), but a higher cap hit is needed, maybe shorter length in years and/or more money paid toward the end of contract....

When does this thread close when the kovy signing is official and approved? or start of season? never?

Maybe if Kovy is signed today or tomorrow, we keep going until page 500 and then close it?

When does this thread close when the kovy signing is official and approved? or start of season? never?

Maybe if Kovy is signed today or tomorrow, we keep going until page 500 and then close it?

I would hope we keep it open until we clear the cap space needed, because that is all Kovy fallout.... :cheers:

I would hope we keep it open until we clear the cap space needed, because that is all Kovy fallout.... :cheers:

Agreed.

We could just make it the official Kovy thread, and use it for Kovy discussion throughout the season(s). That way it could live on for another decade or so, depending on the length of his contract.

Edited by mmajeski06