12374 replies to this topic

#61 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

What??? :blink: Do you follow what you type at all, or not quite? Cuz i dont think people understand your logic much of the time.

Dude. Monty Python... c'mon, man!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#62 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

It sounds like Lou's euphoria from yesterday is wearing off. He's back to his "no comment" and "status quo" comments, and backing off of the "more changes are definitely coming" comments from yesterday.

He has 9 months or so. The only question is whether he follows it up in the 9 months. :lol: There's no reason to do something stupid today for the sake of doing it. And other opportunities might open up. They need a more offensive-oriented defenseman to fill things out, but there's plenty of time.

#63 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Dude. Monty Python... c'mon, man!

Yes, i got it. Just because he made a cute referrence doesnt mean his logic made any more sense.

#64 ao814

ao814

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Real_ESPNLeBrun just said on twitter Just got off phone with Lou Lamoriello. Asked him for an update on Kovalchuk. ``There's nothing new," said the Devils GM.

then he said Asked Lamoriello if he was still in it, he replied again, ``There's nothing new, that's all I'm going to say."

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

#65 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

series of TG tweets:

Just got off the phone with Lamoriello. He does not anticipate anything happening today with Kovalchuk.

Lamoriello: "I don't know of anything that's going to happen today."

As far as whether the Devils are still pursuing Kovalchuk: "Nothing has changed. Everything is status quo."

So the Devils are still in it? "I'm not going to get into in it or out of it. I don't even know what that means," Lamoriello said.

Edited by nyrsuck26, 02 July 2010 - 04:12 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

"I'm not going to get into in it or out of it. I don't even know what that means," Lamoriello said.

Lou rules! :lol:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#67 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Yes, i got it. Just because he made a cute referrence doesnt mean his logic made any more sense.

I mean, he was right... Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty are all big talent players. The Kings are gonna be a good team next year, with or without Kovy.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#68 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I don't know if this was posted here before, but at Darryl Sutter's press conference he said that Kovy has "placed demands putting him out of reach of at least 30 NHL teams".
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#69 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

I don't know if this was posted here before, but at Darryl Sutter's press conference he said that Kovy has "placed demands putting him out of reach of at least 30 NHL teams".

good to see Darryl got some use out of that podium. there should just be an organized walkaway on him. Kovy, not Darryl, the people with the torches and pitchforks will get him soon enough.

#70 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

sign kovy for 8.2 mil a year puts us at roughly 4 over the cap trade rolston problem solved :giggle:

#71 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

sign kovy for 8.2 mil a year puts us at roughly 4 over the cap trade rolston problem solved :giggle:

He's looking for a max deal, or something big enough that he doesn't look like an ass for turning down what Atlanta supposedly was.

Looking more and more like I'll be wrong in saying there's no way he's going to the KHL.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#72 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

puts you 4 over w/o a full roster. we'd be left 1M under the cap with 18 players on the roster. 2 of which are goalies.
so, unless you plan on going with 10 and 6 every night, that doesn't solve anything.

he's not worth it, everyone should tell him to fvck off and take the money in St. Petersburg.

#73 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

i was throwing sarcasm out there sorry if u guys didnt catch it no way we find takers for rolston either

#74 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

kovie is a devil on tuesday i think.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#75 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

kovie is a devil on tuesday i think.

i hope so....he says its all about winning why place your demands high knowing no one can afford you? he should take whatever were offering and have a chance at winning a cup

#76 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

I think this shows that Lou should walk away. Clearly the market has decided Kovy isn't worth it. And the KHL was definitely a bluff or he would have signed there.

#77 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

i was throwing sarcasm out there sorry if u guys didnt catch it no way we find takers for rolston either

What about Co? They're 12 mill under the floor.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#78 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

I think this shows that Lou should walk away. Clearly the market has decided Kovy isn't worth it. And the KHL was definitely a bluff or he would have signed there.

kovy should sign a 3 yr maybe 18 mil dollar contract.....see what way we are heading maybe lock him and parise up long term when we have cap cuz im sure lagenrbunner brodeur and rolston will all be off the books by then

#79 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

kovie passed on an unproven team with him being the only star to come to jersey, he won't go to the same system with less money than atlanta to repeat. he just struggles with taking a pay cut to stay in jersey but at the end he will realize we have parise and brodeur and a good new set of defense to take him to the cup. kings are a gamble.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#80 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

What about Co? They're 12 mill under the floor.

I think co is looking to get younger and not older if you get my drift....rolston should have never been re aquired

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users