#883 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Maybe this thread's name should be changed to No New Kovy Update. :noclue:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#884 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

The thread should be titled "DON'T WORRY BOUT MY CAP" - The Kovalchuk SAGA

#885 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

LL is gonna bust a cap on TG.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#886 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

Maybe Lou is really annoyed with TG for the constant phone calls :P

It seems like every update from TG has a "I called Lou and left a message. He hasn't returned it yet." mixed in. :lol:

Edited by nmigliore, 06 July 2010 - 08:37 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#887 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

As soon as it becomes "Kovy or Parise, but not both" then I have no more interest in Kovy. Up until that point, I'd love to have him. But if it's take one and lose the other, I take Parise 100% of the time.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#888 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Kovy left a "Yes" on Lou's answering machine but it was full, thanks TG.

HAHA

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#889 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

"Don't worry about my cap."

Classic.

:rofl: I love Lou. That is going straight into my sig.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#890 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

yeah, he should just say that he's unhappy with new jersey and wishes he could wear ranger blue. gimme a break. part of the reason why the devils are a fallback is that they can't give him the money that atlanta offered him.

Not what I said smartass. I just don't want him acting like re-signing with the Devils was some dream-come-true when everyone can pretty well see that staying here probably isn't his first choice. Of course he's not going to say "I'm staying here but I would've rather...". Duh.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#891 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

:rofl: I love Lou. That is going straight into my sig.

You're not the only one. Instant classic. HAH

#892 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

"Don't worry about my cap."Classic.

Type of quotes that makes me love Lou,the guy seems to be in control when everybody is crying about the cap. :hail:
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#893 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

DON"T WORRY ABOUT MY CAP

I AM THE LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted Image

i was more thinking:

GET OFF MY PLANE!

Posted Image

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#894 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

I'm not as thrilled with Lou's comments as everyone else. I think he is very disrespectful to people such as TG who is just trying to do his job. Lou just isn't interested in what his image is or letting the fans and media know that he's TRYING.

Remember the letter that Don Waddel in Atlanta released before they traded Kovy? THAT was class. Letting their fans know that they did everything they could to retain their star player and it wasn't the organization that was messing up the whole thing.

#895 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

I'm not as thrilled with Lou's comments as everyone else. I think he is very disrespectful to people such as TG who is just trying to do his job. Lou just isn't interested in what his image is or letting the fans and media know that he's TRYING.

Remember the letter that Don Waddel in Atlanta released before they traded Kovy? THAT was class. Letting their fans know that they did everything they could to retain their star player and it wasn't the organization that was messing up the whole thing.

Lou's just trying to do his job too...being badass!!!!

#896 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

TG should just stop Tampering with Lou. You obviously know Lou won't ever give you much, so its typical Lou talk. Look, I think right now its either Devils or KHL.

#897 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

2012. all of that money other than Brodeur is likely off by 2011. Rolston and Salvador in hours, and White next season.
White should still be here this year because he's needed, the D will be interesting without him. that money is immediately
being used to get us off the kicker limit and back under the cap. so, it won't be in there in 2012. this year is shaping
up to be tough. afterwards, we'll see how we get off the cap. I think you're selling short the progression of players from ELC/RFA/UFA, you should lose every time, it's rare to get good deals. Even if the kids play well enough that the concept of jettisoning Zajac down the road is possible, well, now you have to pay the kids, and they could end up making more.

of course, at this point, all bets are off because who knows what happens in 2012, it's possible the CBA has a totally different look, more NFL-ish, than it does now, and "problems" are easily solved.

even if all those contracts are gone soon, which i doubt, the point is that even if parise and kovalchuk together make 15M, or parise kovalchuk and elias make 21M, this can still work. i'm not selling short the progression from ELC to RFA - when that happens, we're going to have lots of money with which to deal with that, because of all the expiring contracts. so even if josefson is making 2.2M instead of 900k in 3 years, that will be easily paid for by departing players. i doubt corrente or zharkov gets a ton when their contracts expire next year.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#898 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

If it is truly the Devils and the KHL then I understand the delay. Moving to Russia is quite a lifestyle change, no matter what money you get.

#899 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

This whole Kovalchuk saga really has been quite a pain in the ass but it was all worth it just for Lou's "Don't worry about my cap." quote. Lmao. I would have loved to have seen TG's reaction upon hearing that. Well that is what you get when you leave 4 voice mails in one day. Obviously Lou didn't wnat to speak with you.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#900 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

This Kovalchuk DRAMA is annoying!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users