#10041 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

https://twitter.com/dchesnokov

The Kovalchuk update is in queue to be published. There is now a deadline in the negotiation process. Kovalchuk's Russian agent confirmed. less than 5 seconds ago via web
:blink: :noclue: :blink:

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#10042 GIRLNRED

GIRLNRED

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

New Jersey Signs Nine Players
http://devils.nhl.co...|NJD|home<br />
off topic?
Posted Image Posted Image

#10043 cgosha21

cgosha21

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

https://twitter.com/dchesnokov

The Kovalchuk update is in queue to be published. There is now a deadline in the negotiation process. Kovalchuk's Russian agent confirmed. less than 5 seconds ago via web
:blink: :noclue: :blink:

Let's hope this is being used as a way for the NHL to bend a little bit. Also let's hope the NHL doesn't say "Go Ahead" & away Kovy goes to Russia

#10044 Egg

Egg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

I don't see the NHL bending. However with Fehr now in the NHLPA , who knows. Maybe he steps up to the plate and says " Ummm there are already registered contracts with players playing to the age of 42 , 43 . how is it that you can not allow one now that takes the player to 42?

#10045 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

You think Kovy would sign if we threw in a free set of trucknutz?

#10046 rawker

rawker

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

You think Kovy would sign if we threw in a free set of trucknutz?

Russians dont drive trucks

#10047 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

But Kovy does. Kovy drives a Kovaltruck. ;)

And BOOM! goes the dynamite!

Kovaltrucknutz!

Edited by CarpathianForest, 26 August 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#10048 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

New Jersey Signs Nine Players
http://devils.nhl.co...|NJD|home<br />
off topic?

My selective dyslexia makes me think your username is GIRLNERD.

Hows that for off topic??

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10049 Egg

Egg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

I am getting sick of looking at that Mt.Puckmore with Hextall and Clarke on it. The springfield retro jersey is pretty sweet though

#10050 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,431 posts

Let's hope this is being used as a way for the NHL to bend a little bit. Also let's hope the NHL doesn't say "Go Ahead" & away Kovy goes to Russia

the NHL doesn't care. the only squeeze would be on the Devils, who although JVB is so horny for Kovalchuk that it probably doesn't matter, could tell him to screw off... and then what?

#10051 rawker

rawker

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Dmitry, he is such a tease

#10052 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

The Devils should just sue everybody :lol:

#10053 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

The Devils should just sue everybody :lol:

Ah, the ole turn-of-the-century Metallica defense, Sue 'Em All.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#10054 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

I just can stand this crud anymore :argh: go to Russia F the NHL and then i don't have to keep feeling obligated to check this thread every 5 minutes.

#10055 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

The thing is, we're getting blinded by the light with Kovie. If Johnny Mac can coach, this is a team we can go to war with -- comparable defense to the past couple years, but more physical. If Greene plays like he did last year, especially the first half, this d is better, since Tallinder's a step up from Mottau. Solved the biggest problem with the forwards -- the lack of a true second line center -- by getting Arnott. Still have Marty. With Kovie, they're stacked. Without him, they're real good with some cap space come the trading deadline to make a run on somebody like Kaberle. Johnny Mac should be able to get real deep with that team.

To take it a step farther, Kovy's a tremendous talent who has never won because 1) he's played most of his career for a terrible organization and 2) he's never been coached. He sometimes does stupid things like hold the puck for too damn long because he doesn't know better. If Johnny Mac can't coach, Kovy won't be a difference maker. I'd take Kovy, but I'm sick of all of this, and if he's not willing to bend, and we can't make it work with the league (whom I hate with a blinding passion), we can afford to let him go

Also, Parise's implied that out inability to stick with a coach is the sole reason he might consider leaving. No matter what happens with this nightmare, the x-factor for this season and the team's future is Maclean.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#10056 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

same!

all in favor of a sig change back say "I"

I !!!

but i like changing up my sig every few weeks :lol:

i could maybe put it as my avatar? it might suffice

winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#10057 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

was i the only one really bummed to finally hit refresh and see a new article on Puck Daddy loading just to see something about team bloggers :doh1:

www.SterioDesign.com

#10058 rawker

rawker

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

was i the only one really bummed to finally hit refresh and see a new article on Puck Daddy loading just to see something about team bloggers :doh1:

use this link http://sports.yahoo....mitry Chesnokov

#10059 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

http://getrealhockey...in-details.html

As such, it should either be back to the drawing board for both sides, or back to Russia for Kovalchuk. New Jersey really doesn’t need Kovalchuk, and fans don’t need this frustration. By elimination, that makes Kovalchuk Kontinental Hockey League bound. It may not be the best solution, but it is a solution nonetheless. Maybe he can even take the Devils with him and make this the KHL’s problem. Who knows? They might smarten up and realize that 17 years exiled in Siberia, cold as it may be, just might end up feeling a little too much like an eternity.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#10060 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

so i put on my TV and opened my laptop to read this thread, Animal House was on and was at this scene:

it's not a coincidence.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?"

Edited by jagknife, 26 August 2010 - 05:05 PM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users