12306 replies to this topic

#10481 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

i am absoluty battered d i have beenee drinkeign for ages and then i see this, and you know what screw kovy, i fhe goes, then fine, we are still the devils, we have oour pride and values and the systmes as pk will tell you. Kovy signing in not tthe be all and end all of this franchise.

Parise and mb are srtill here and we get it done every year.

so up yours butman . no matter what were still the red white and blaccck!! 3 cups and the rangersss suckas!!

the sad thing this is the most accurate he's spelled anything this year. lol

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#10482 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

the sad thing this is the most accurate he's spelled anything this year. lol

I might not be able to spell but it indddicates you read what i post which is more that i can say about my knowledge of your sh!tty contributions!!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10483 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Well I'll certainly say that was a fun day. Got the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing. And actually got some good news on top of it all. Let's hope Monday sees an end to this if nothing happens tomorrow.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#10484 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Wow this thread had 10,000 posts yesterday now by this time tomorrow it is probably going to have 11,000.

#10485 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

I might not be able to spell but it indddicates you read what i post which is more that i can say about my knowledge of your sh!tty contributions!!!!

wow you sobered up quite quickly to type that especially coherently.

its one thing to joke around, but did you really need to fake being wasted?

and come on, take a freaking joke

Wow this thread had 10,000 posts yesterday now by this time tomorrow it is probably going to have 11,000.

i actually thought we'd hit 11000 today, but with the roller coaster cock tease done again it was a quick high-volume then crashed

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#10486 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

The NMC/NTC are very important here. As for the 15 year deal, I don't think that's what the Devils submitted unless they plan on going to arbitration again - which is not probable. The NHL would accept the contract if the years were structured right and there was free movement year before the money drops but that ain't happening.

i would hope well exceeding the hossa deal. 3M per would be nice. so okay assuming 15/100:

6 6 9 9 9 9 9 7 7 7 7 6 3 3 3

i think the NHL would have a hard time rejecting that contract and having it stick.

The NHL would probably accept that contract but I believe the contract is going to be much less flat than that. The original contract gives Kovy 95 mill in the first 10 years. Yours gives him 78 - that's a massive drop. The 14/98 deal i proposed gives Kovy 85 mill in the first 10 and the 14/95 I proposed gives him about the same - I'm sticking by that that's what the Devils submitted - and there will be a "free-movement" year.

I'll write out what I think the structure would be if it's 15/100

Ok here it is:

9 Free movement year

88 million in the first 10 and it doesn't jump below 2 million

Edited by ben00rs, 27 August 2010 - 10:54 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#10487 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

Take it for what it's worth (probably as much as any other rumor out there) but someone on HF claims to have sources that say the last few years are 1.5 million per. Which means Kovy isn't exactly giving up much money :lol:

As maxpower - or Triumph I forget who - would put it this is probably an 11-94 disguised as a 15-100. Which mean there better not be any monkeying around with the NMC/NTC if this deal's gonna pass muster.

#10488 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

It will probably go up even more since we are allowed to surf the net for personal use at my job :clap:

#10489 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,928 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:11 AM

Take it for what it's worth (probably as much as any other rumor out there) but someone on HF claims to have sources that say the last few years are 1.5 million per. Which means Kovy isn't exactly giving up much money :lol:

As maxpower - or Triumph I forget who - would put it this is probably an 11-94 disguised as a 15-100. Which mean there better not be any monkeying around with the NMC/NTC if this deal's gonna pass muster.

max would say that, but it'd be a 12-94 designed as a 15-100. either way, i don't trust that guy over at HF - if someone knew the structure, that would be out as news, imo. why would that be kept a secret? and if this random person at HF knows the structure, why wouldn't 100 other people? doesn't make sense.

just like that dagoon guy saying the contract would be accepted.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10490 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

max would say that, but it'd be a 12-94 designed as a 15-100. either way, i don't trust that guy over at HF - if someone knew the structure, that would be out as news, imo. why would that be kept a secret? and if this random person at HF knows the structure, why wouldn't 100 other people? doesn't make sense.

just like that dagoon guy saying the contract would be accepted.

if there was a structure leaked, it would be on capgeek. At least, I think it would be.

if it was 12-94, it depends what those last two years are. a 6 and a 3, (I think that's as high as either year can be, but I don't really have an understanding)... that's 10-85, or 11-91 because you probably would take that 6.

I really don't think this is ideal. I also don't think the league cares. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this one gets junked and the longer they sit on it, yes, it means they're actually thinking about it, but if they're thinking about it, you're starting at "no".

are they giving the league anything that brings them from "no" to "yes". when I hear 15/100, I'm thinking hell no.

#10491 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

wow you sobered up quite quickly to type that especially coherently.

its one thing to joke around, but did you really need to fake being wasted?

and come on, take a freaking joke

i actually thought we'd hit 11000 today, but with the roller coaster cock tease done again it was a quick high-volume then crashed

Oh come on, faked it!!

I just went back and checked what i typed on the second post.

Also wheres the fun in just turning round and saying, hey that guys right i cant spell, oh well?

Anyway don't take it personally, i'm sure what ever you post is fine and grammatically correct.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10492 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:26 AM

Sorry if this has already been posted... link

NHL accepts Kovalchuk deal

Although the details of the deal have not been released it has been reported that the National Hockey League has accepted a deal that will see Ilya Kovalchuk playing with the New Jersey Devils next season. The deal is thought to be worth fewer years, but with a similar cap hit.

The Devils reportedly submitted a new deal to the NHL today, which is thought to be a 15-year deal worth around $100 million. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly confirmed that New Jersey did in fact submit a new deal, however he went on to mention that the League now has five days to review the proposed contract.

However, according to reports, Kovalchuk’s agent has only given the NHL 48 hours to accept or decline the deal, and therefore the League is expected to make a decision regarding the contact before the end of the week.

Kovalchuk originally signed a contract with the Devils at the beginning of the month, which saw him making $102 million over 17 years. The League rejected the contract saying that it attempted to circumvent the salary cap and was therefore in violation of the collective bargaining agreement. The NHLPA then filed a grievance for Kovalchuk and the matter was taken to an arbitrator. After deliberation, arbitrator Richard Bloch ruled that the NHL had the right to reject the contact. Since that time the Devils have been working feverishly to get Kovalchuk signed to a new contract.

New Jersey submitted a contract to the NHL earlier this week, which was rejected, based on Kovalchuk’s age at the end of the term. It now appears that the NHL and the Devils have worked out the correct framework for the deal and are prepared to complete the transaction.

Last year with the Devils Kovalchuk recorded 41 goals and 44 assists for 85 points.

I found this link on a Devils fan page on Facebook. Not sure how valid it is.

Edited by thegame346, 28 August 2010 - 04:39 AM.

#10493 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

Ok maybe i'm not getting something and I hope you'll help me to understand.

If Kovy wants 100 millions over 15 years (average of 6.66 per year), why is the contract not divided equally over 15 years ?
A cap hit of 6,66 isn't that high... And even if he never get 11.5, he would still get his 100 millions no ?
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#10494 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

The NMC/NTC are very important here. As for the 15 year deal, I don't think that's what the Devils submitted unless they plan on going to arbitration again - which is not probable. The NHL would accept the contract if the years were structured right and there was free movement year before the money drops but that ain't happening.

The NHL would probably accept that contract but I believe the contract is going to be much less flat than that. The original contract gives Kovy 95 mill in the first 10 years. Yours gives him 78 - that's a massive drop. The 14/98 deal i proposed gives Kovy 85 mill in the first 10 and the 14/95 I proposed gives him about the same - I'm sticking by that that's what the Devils submitted - and there will be a "free-movement" year.

I'll write out what I think the structure would be if it's 15/100

Ok here it is:

9 Free movement year

88 million in the first 10 and it doesn't jump below 2 million

The unsubstantiated rumor I heard on HFBoards is that the last years drop to $1.5M. Don't know if that is the last 2, 3 or what. Once again this is nothing but a rumor at this point.

#10495 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,857 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:22 AM

I found this link on a Devils fan page on Facebook. Not sure how valid it is.

Not very.

From TSN:
"Earlier in the day several sources reported that the League had in fact approved the framework of the latest contract proposal, however the NHL told TSN that as of 3 pm et, no deal had been approved."

Your link was posted before the TSN story.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#10496 thegame346

thegame346

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

Not very.

From TSN:
"Earlier in the day several sources reported that the League had in fact approved the framework of the latest contract proposal, however the NHL told TSN that as of 3 pm et, no deal had been approved."

Your link was posted before the TSN story.

I apologize. I am not as on top of all the media posts like some of you guys are. Still it gave me hope for the few short hours that I believed it could be potentially true.

Is there any truth to the 48 hour deadline Kovy's agent gave?

#10497 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

I apologize. I am not as on top of all the media posts like some of you guys are. Still it gave me hope for the few short hours that I believed it could be potentially true.

Is there any truth to the 48 hour deadline Kovy's agent gave?

I think the 48 hours referred to getting a deal submitted.

#10498 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,856 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

Ok maybe i'm not getting something and I hope you'll help me to understand.

If Kovy wants 100 millions over 15 years (average of 6.66 per year), why is the contract not divided equally over 15 years ?
A cap hit of 6,66 isn't that high... And even if he never get 11.5, he would still get his 100 millions no ?

The difference is if he only plays eleven years on the deal to say, 38 (due to injury or wanting to finish his career home in Russia) - he'd only get $73+ million of the $100 million whereas the more money you front-load he can get the majority of it in less time, so it's really in his best interest that the contract not be flat. So in a flat deal he'd have to play till he was 42 to get the $100 million whereas in another deal he can get $90-95 million by age 38-39.

The team doesn't entirely want a flat structure either because if you do wind up asking him to waive a NTC later in his career teams aren't gonna want to pay $6.66 million a year for a declining player in addition to having that cap hit. Plus it makes it less likely Kovy retires in case of injury or declining play until he gets all his money.

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 August 2010 - 07:21 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10499 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

The difference is if he only plays eleven years on the deal to say, 38 (due to injury or wanting to finish his career home in Russia) - he'd only get $73+ million of the $100 million whereas the more money you front-load he can get the majority of it in less time, so it's really in his best interest that the contract not be flat. So in a flat deal he'd have to play till he was 42 to get the $100 million whereas in another deal he can get $90-95 million by age 38-39.

The team doesn't entirely want a flat structure either because if you do wind up asking him to waive a NTC later in his career teams aren't gonna want to pay $6.66 million a year for a declining player in addition to having that cap hit. Plus it makes it less likely Kovy retires in case of injury or declining play until he gets all his money.

Now that makes sense !! Thanks!
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#10500 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

A crazy thing I just realized is that if this contract pays Kovy $5.5M total over the last 5 years of the deal, it's frontloaded to the same degree as Hossa. I feel like I understand the league's position on the cap circumvention hoohah, but man did they create this mess in the first place by registering the Hossa deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users