12306 replies to this topic

#10861 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

TSN/Dreger: One NHL general manager doesn't believe for a second the league will allow this one to pass either, stating Lou Lamoriello, the Devils and Ilya Kovalchuk are simply trying to "disguise circumvention," adding, "trying to hide the crime, makes this even worse."

"... and I wanna win and it's not fair!!!!!"

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#10862 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

It's possible, but if he's involved in the deal, the Devils would have to be getting some real value in return. A first round pick from a mediocre team is what I'd demand if that's what's going the other way.

This is in contention for the most ridiculous contract negotiation in all of pro sports. It is obvious the league DOES NOT want Kovy in NJ, and will do anything they can to prevent him from being here. Time for a lawsuit

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#10863 kressley

kressley

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

The TSN report says it's another GM saying this, not an NHL exec.

#10864 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

Ok upon reading the article, this is some anonymous GM that is saying these remarks. He sounds like he has sand in his vag!na and is just bitching. At first I thought this was an actual NHL league executive saying these comments.

Me too. I had a gut reaction, then actually read that part of the article. It's probably Sather.

Edit: No, actually it wouldn't make sense to be Sather. He'd want it to go through so he could mirror the deal for future contracts for past-their-prime superstars. My guess is Kevin Lowe or some other small-market GM.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 31 August 2010 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10865 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,153 posts

Ok upon reading the article, this is some anonymous GM that is saying these remarks. He sounds like he has sand in his vag!na and is just bitching. At first I thought this was an actual NHL league executive saying these comments.

yeah exactly... knowing Kovie doesnt want to play anywhere else in the NHL than NJ why would others GMs... especially in the East conference wouldnt want to see him go to the KHL

www.SterioDesign.com

#10866 cgosha21

cgosha21

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

I have to agree at first I almost crapped my pants. I bet this is Burke who hates these contracts

#10867 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

TSN/Dreger: One NHL general manager doesn't believe for a second the league will allow this one to pass either, stating Lou Lamoriello, the Devils and Ilya Kovalchuk are simply trying to "disguise circumvention," adding, "trying to hide the crime, makes this even worse."

Good to hear from Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.

#10868 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

remain calm, all is well !

#10869 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

God I love the horrid wording of Drager's tweet. He could have said GM instead of NHL exec. Those are two different things in my opinion.

#10870 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Who the fvck cares about this gm. He needs to fvck off.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#10871 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

God I love the horrid wording of Drager's tweet. He could have said GM instead of NHL exec. Those are two different things in my opinion.

Also TG's latest post on his blog exploded on the latest page of comments.

#10872 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Yea, very misleading. A bitter GM, and an executive who works for the NHL are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I could care less what a GM is saying....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#10873 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,931 posts

i love how brian burke has to get his 'name' in the paper even when stuff's not about him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10874 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,232 posts

Oh for the love of tits, this is just getting ridiculous. First they circumvented the cap, now they're disguising the circumvention?

To quote the great film "The Waterboy" - "He fakes to the left. No. He fakes to the right. No, he pretends to fake..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Ue0SOTwpA

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#10875 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Oh for the love of tits, this is just getting ridiculous. First they circumvented the cap, now they're disguising the circumvention? I'm sorry, but if the Devils are at least disguising the circumvention, then the Hossa, Luongo, Pronger, etc. deals that are blatant circumventions HAVE TO be rejected.

Fvcking ridiculous. If this gets rejected, can the Devils sue the league for operating in poor faith, allowing certain deals for certain teams to pass while holding them up to a completely different standard?

I could be wrong but I remember hearing that the Koharski-Schonefeld "Doughnuts" incident and the NHL's BS handling of it resulting in the Devils suing the NHL and getting a temporary restraining order agains the league resulted in new NHL league by-laws which prevent franchises from suing the league in the future.

#10876 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

They didnt finish the quote..."unless its me of course. It's no fair when New Jersey gets to sign a great high profile player" -Glen Sather

815631765.gif

#10877 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,931 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

it was pretty disgusting how brian burke made a huge deal about offer sheets when penner got signed away from him, then partly for his own vanity did he make a trade with boston for kessel, which happened to include absolutely no players besides kessel.

#10878 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

totally brian burke - which is surprising because he's a lou pal. he might also be trying to plant a seed in the NHL's mind just in case they're wavering.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10879 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,931 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

totally brian burke - which is surprising because he's a lou pal. he might also be trying to plant a seed in the NHL's mind just in case they're wavering.

the league's not going to have toronto's support during the next labor negotiation anyway, so his opinion isn't a big deal. also with the work he's doing there in toronto, he might not have a job by that point, either.

#10880 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Didn't the league supposedly already make a decision yesterday?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users